closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Tag help

Tag help

Right, my cousin works for tag and gets 65% discounts he can give out. He's said I can have one. I've about 2-2.5k to spend. After discount. So that means I can spend about 6-7 top price. Any tag experts know what would be my best bet to look at watch wise? Been looking at a Monaco but fancy something bigger than 39mm. Any suggestions of watches to look at are appreciated.

Wondering why people with no interest in watches are on a watch forum?
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Declan View Post
    Right, my cousin works for tag and gets 65% discounts he can give out. He's said I can have one. I've about 2-2.5k to spend. After discount. So that means I can spend about 6-7 top price. Any tag experts know what would be my best bet to look at watch wise? Been looking at a Monaco but fancy something bigger than 39mm. Any suggestions of watches to look at are appreciated.
    Monaco. Full stop.

Nothing else is in the range hits the spot, carries heritage, holds its value or is as instantly recognised.

I am a huge huge tag fan and I own one. It's the absolute peach of my collection......

And that's not all of them! I couldn't get any more on my arm!

Blog Entries
    Just worked out, 65% off, that means you'll get a caliber 12 monaco for £1573.25.

RUN!

I've just seen the new bullhead Carrera 1887, it's really nice at £5300. Even better would be the new Carrera Calibre 36 at £6k in white/anthracite.

Quote Originally Posted by RJM25R View Post
    Just worked out, 65% off, that means you'll get a caliber 12 monaco for £1573.25.

RUN!
    100% agree. RUN FAST!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave+63 View Post
    I've just seen the new bullhead Carrera 1887, it's really nice at £5300. Even better would be the new Carrera Calibre 36 at £6k in white/anthracite.
    Hi DAVE,

Have you seen the bullhead in "the flesh" as it were?

It's very strangely constructed, with a 2 piece case angled off the wrist. I tried one on in dmrobinsons (special order for a customer.... Ssshhhh!!!) and didn't get on with it.

IMHO, it looks better in pics than in person.........

Must look at the '36

Blog Entries
    '36 is very nice, however Monaco still wins it for me.....

http://www.tagheuer.co.uk/int-en/lux...ather-bracelet

Take a view of the '36

I saw it today down at my local AD and was really impressed with it. I wouldn't pay over £5k for it but then I'm just a tight Yorkshireman!

I saw the calibre 36 (both colours) in the Trafford Centre a couple of weeks ago when I was back up north.

If I could get 65% off either, it'd be with my others already!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave+63 View Post
    I saw it today down at my local AD and was really impressed with it. I wouldn't pay over £5k for it but then I'm just a tight Yorkshireman!

I saw the calibre 36 (both colours) in the Trafford Centre a couple of weeks ago when I was back up north.

If I could get 65% off either, it'd be with my others already!
    Did you try it on? The way it stands off the wrist would mean it'd get tw4tted a lot on my wrist!!!

Have you got a Monaco already?

No, I didn't try it on but I may pop in next week and give it a try. I'd rather a calibre 36 though TBH.

I don't have a Monaco, it's never really appealed to me even though it's probably the most popular of the range. I'm not mad keen on square watches although some of the new dials are really nice. I've a couple of Monzas though but they're not really square.

Another one I'd consider OP is the limited edition Monza Calibre 36 if you can find one.

Blog Entries
    Iirc from speaking to you before, have you got a zenith Monza?

Yes that's right. I've got the ltd edition too. I've also the zenith link. I'm aiming for the full set but the Monaco and Carrera are a bit pricey at the moment and there are too many fake Grand Carreras about at the moment.

Blog Entries
    I don't mind the Carrera/grand Carrera but dislike the Monaco 24....

I think its cos I love the " normal" Monaco.

Master
    I would try for the calibre 36 too.
    i did own the calibre 17 RS2 a few years ago, only thing about it was, for me the PVD did not male it a very good everyday watch, not in my job anyway.
    Excuse the crap photo but you get the idea......

go for the monaco if you want to keep some value , weird that the 65% discount you can get is exactly what you will lose paying full retail on almost every other tag as soon as you walk out the shop :)

Quote Originally Posted by pugster View Post
    go for the monaco if you want to keep some value , weird that the 65% discount you can get is exactly what you will lose paying full retail on almost every other tag as soon as you walk out the shop :)
    lol Not quite - but you do need to think about this, if it is an issue for you.

If you can get the money off Tag - can he get the same discount from their sister company Zenith? If so there are a lot of their watches I would consider before Tag.
    It's just a matter of time...