closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Voyager goes on a voyage

Banned
    Ralphy those are nothing short of world class well done.

Trust the puffer to have a go. At least it wasn't a trigger.

Cool stuff, Ralphy :thumbup:

Craftsman
    These pictures are so good that my missus said they are fake. I really hate her sometimes...

Oh, I like the watch as well!

Apprentice
    Perfect cave shot - it is now my desktop background.
    The other shots are brilliant too!
    Looks like y'all are having WAY too much fun!

Banned
    They look like the quality photos you would see in national geographic watch adds.

Master

Quote Originally Posted by swanbourne View Post

Eddie
    Another couple.

Eddie
    All shots superlative, Ralphy and Eddie, and especially liked the two above, which I'd call "On Guard" and "Searching", respectively, were I honoured to name them. I'd bet even Rolex and Wilsdorf in their prime could not have surpassed, nor maybe even matched these on their famously committed promotion campaigns no matter what they spent.

So the next shots are the DN-GMT on Bond Girl class supermodels, as I understand it?

Quote Originally Posted by markrlondon View Post
    These most recent five are absolutely amazing, especially the cave shot. Wow!
    That's not a cave, though, is it?

Looks like a wreck to me.

Irrelevant maybe, but I'd be intrigued to know where it was

M.
    Breitling Cosmonaute 809 - What's not to like?

Quote Originally Posted by snowman View Post

M.
    Looks like the Caves, Dahab. But I'm probably wrong. I usually am.

Ralphy: are you still carrying around the same rig...?

Photographer by Noodlefish, on Flickr
    Last edited by Broussard; 28th October 2013 at 13:42.

The description that came with the pictures said it is a cave.

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

Google pictures of The Caves, Dahab. It's a dive site south of the Blue Hole, from what I recall from my trips there. The coastline certainly looks like Sinai. Obviously, the animal life could almost be anywhere from the Red Sea to the Indo-Pacific.

Great pics but where's the tottie pics? Ralphy's usually good for those too...

Indeed - I see it is Dahab thanks to the links.

Somewhere else to add to the list

M,
    Breitling Cosmonaute 809 - What's not to like?

Indeed - I see it is Dahab thanks to the links.

Somewhere else to add to the list

M,
    There are some cool sites up there, and it's a *lot* more relaxed than Sharm. Almost entirely shore-based tho'.

Also a very large freediving fraternity up there, as well as tech diving (largely due to the Blue Hole).

I like it a lot.

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

Master
    More great shots of a lovely watch, still amazed you managed to get in the cockpit Ralphy!

Excellent pictures! Have you got the photo of the 2 Lionfish in a higher resolution? I fancy a new wallpaper on my laptop.

Master

Fantastic

Stunning pics Ralphy ,

Voyager looks completely at home and makes me how much I miss diving .

All the best,

Vic

After following this thread for a couple of days on my phone and thinking 'they're great photos' I've just seen them for the first time on my desktop - all I can say is Wow.

Superb professional underwater shots and great to see a divers watch in its intended environment. As far as publicity photos go they certainly do the job very well. Not something you see very much of from many of those who joined the micro-brand divers bandwagon (that the original Dread arguably started...)

Top work from all involved. Now where are the 'tasteful' totty shots?!? (I don't know Ralphy, but from reading some of his previous posts I think - hope - that his interpretation of tasteful is pretty similar to mine!)

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    Stunning pics Ralphy ,

Voyager looks completely at home and makes me how much I miss diving .

All the best,

Vic
    My thoughts exactly!

Really nice shots. I envy Ralph... That should not be called a job......

I did specify that any totty shots should be "tasteful". Now I know that is a subjective term so you'll just have to wait and see.

Eddie
    I wish you’d made that clearer at the outset: I wouldn’t have wasted hours on the more raunchy images - only to then junk them. ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by David@ View Post
    The aircraft is inbound/outbound Exeter. I guess Turkey or sharm- Egypt.
    Very observant of you, it was indeed EXT-SHS.

Quote Originally Posted by deano42 View Post
    Photos are incredible.!

Oh, and the watch is not bad ;-)

Thanks
    deano
    As always, your lanyards proved invaluable for the work.

Quote Originally Posted by ArcofZen View Post
    So Ralphy is even more of a git than we thought?! ;-)
    Harsh, but (on occasion) fair.

M.
    As has now been identified, it is a cave south of Dahab, south Sinai, Egypt.

Quote Originally Posted by Broussard View Post
    There are some cool sites up there, and it's a *lot* more relaxed than Sharm. Almost entirely shore-based tho'.

Also a very large freediving fraternity up there, as well as tech diving (largely due to the Blue Hole).

I like it a lot.
    I like that area a lot too. I have my dive gear located there for any travel within the Red Sea region and regard the place as a second home. I trained to freedive (in order to better photograph freedivers) and have a lot of friends (local and foreign) who live there.

Quote Originally Posted by Broussard View Post
    Ralphy: are you still carrying around the same rig...?
    I am fundamentally using the same rig with some minor changes.

The underwater conditions were far from perfect throughout the time I was there photographing the Voyager, a series of storms over the Saudi region had produced strong swells and surface waves along the south Sinai coastline in particular the Dahab region. Many of the regular dive sites were blown out as a result but I wanted to give a range of topography to the photos so I dis-regarded the advice of not diving the area.

Also I had a particular creation in mind: a number of years ago I took some images of the DN there and I wanted to re-create those with the DN-GMT.

If you look at the sea-state in the latest photo you’ll get an idea of the conditions we were faced with: entry off the edge of the reef plate in a standard way was out of the question due to the surging swell so I elected to approach fully-kitted, jump in backwards clutching the camera rig to my chest and, with -ve buoyancy, fin like hell to get down.

Well, I finally got there - but wouldn’t be winning any prizes for elegance in doing so!

Some of the other DN shots I wanted to replicate were out of the question, either due to the swell or the severe particulation in the water, but we got some reasonable alternative images before re-surfacing (with an even more undignified exit from the water).

R
    Last edited by ralphy; 2nd November 2013 at 15:30.
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

Banned
    I will say it again some of those images are top photographic quality in every way.
    the composition and the feeling the engender as much as the technical aspects.
    I may be able to capture Rossi at 200mph but I couldn't come close to these.

Quote Originally Posted by ralphy View Post
    I wish you’d made that clearer at the outset: I wouldn’t have wasted hours on the more raunchy images - only to then junk them. ;-)

Very observant of you, it was indeed EXT-SHS.

As always, your lanyards proved invaluable for the work.

Harsh, but (on occasion) fair.

As has now been identified, it is a cave south of Dahab, south Sinai, Egypt.

I like that area a lot too. I have my dive gear located there for any travel within the Red Sea region and regard the place as a second home. I trained to freedive (in order to better photograph freedivers) and have a lot of friends (local and foreign) who live there.

I am fundamentally using the same rig with some minor changes.

The underwater conditions were far from perfect throughout the time I was there photographing the Voyager, a series of storms over the Saudi region had produced strong swells and surface waves along the south Sinai coastline in particular the Dahab region. Many of the regular dive sites were blown out as a result but I wanted to give a range of topography to the photos so I dis-regarded the advice of not diving the area.

Also I had a particular creation in mind: a number of years ago I took some images of the DN there and I wanted to re-create those with the DN-GMT.

If you look at the sea-state in the latest photo you’ll get an idea of the conditions we were faced with: entry off the edge of the reef plate in a standard way was out of the question due to the surging swell so I elected to approach fully-kitted, jump in backwards clutching the camera rig to my chest and, with -ve buoyancy, fin like hell to get down.

Well, I finally got there - but wouldn’t be winning any prizes for elegance in doing so!

Some of the other DN shots I wanted to replicate were out of the question, either due to the swell or the severe particulation in the water, but we got some reasonable alternative images before re-surfacing (with an even more undignified exit from the water).

R
    Outstanding Ralphy, love the comparison shots.

It's incredible how advertisement works.
    I wasn't considering the Voyager because of my wrist size, but after seeing the pics, especially the one in the cave... I want one!

Master
    It has to be said Ralphy mate, it is great to see what a top class pro who knows their craft inside out can create.

Some great pictures , that clownfish does not look a happy bunny , i had 2 in my old marine tank and they are vicious little sods - cant remember the proper name tho they are a species that will change sex to suit , i.e if you have 2 males in a tank one will turn into a female.

Quote Originally Posted by pugster View Post
    Some great pictures , that clownfish does not look a happy bunny , i had 2 in my old marine tank and they are vicious little sods - cant remember the proper name tho they are a species that will change sex to suit , i.e if you have 2 males in a tank one will turn into a female.
    Also known as anemonefish, they are fascinating creatures in their own right. The changing sex is an example of sequential hermaphroditism http://www.wisegeek.com/what-are-seq...#didyouknowout Clownfish are all born male and no-one is quite sure how they are able to be unaffected by the poisonous tentacles of the host anemone. Not a happy bunny at all, as I’ve introduced an alien form into their territory and they are fiercely territorial.

Or perhaps they’re just frustrated they can’t read the time at certain angles:

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

If you get a chance you can test the crystal for us by putting it in front of a club mantis shrimp ralphy :)

Quote Originally Posted by pugster View Post
    If you get a chance you can test the crystal for us by putting it in front of a club mantis shrimp ralphy :)
    Impressive as their ability is to damage with a claw blow I’d put my money on the Voyager’s crystal. ;-)

R

Terrific job ralphy, you are not a Grand Master for nothing!

Cheers. :-)

Journeyman
    Tease meister !

At home - But They're Coming To Take Me Away Ha Ha
    Bloody fantastic Ralph. I too like the one of the watch lying in the sand.
    Paul

GOT...TO...KILL...CAPTAIN STUPID!

Quote Originally Posted by Mrcrowley View Post
    Bloody fantastic Ralph. I too like the one of the watch lying in the sand.
    There’ll be a better one in the brochure. ;-)

A couple more:

R

Banned
    that last one with the sad fish made me laugh lol