closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Precista PRS-82 - owner first impressions, photos and straps etc

Quote Originally Posted by swanbourne View Post
    That's 13 of the PRS-82 sold today which is quite remarkable. Only another 24 due now and that's the initial order of 200 watches filled. I've ordered another 200 but they won't be delivered for 3 - 4 months.

Eddie
    I can't speak for the other 12 people, but after I handled one at a GTG, I knew I wanted it, then you were blooming closed, so when you opened, I was in like Flynn

That's 13 of the PRS-82 sold today which is quite remarkable. Only another 24 due now and that's the initial order of 200 watches filled. I've ordered another 200 but they won't be delivered for 3 - 4 months.

Eddie
    Is that the with the same NOS movement. If not, what movement is going in them ??

Eddie
    Eddie - will the second batch have the old movements in? Or new ones?

I could see this being so popular and such a good seller that a quartz version would viable as well - people just seem to like the look of it, it's "right" in so many ways. I can't think of a single thing I'd change about it, even after wearing it for a couple of weeks.

Thanks again for resurrecting this make in general and this model in particular.

Banned
    I couldn't decide if I should keep it let alone wear it as its so nice, tonight I gave in.

what no one seems to have noted is that despite the lume being aged it still glows better than most watches, in fact its torch like.

also the dial for some reason just seems to be very easy to read for us with aging eyes.

besides the fact that its just one of those watches that is somehow "right".

I found a retired NATO of mine which seems to work well.

iphone photos perhaps not doing it justice.

Journeyman
    My buddy and I both in for one today...under the wire it seems.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by soapy View Post
    I couldn't decide if I should keep it let alone wear it as its so nice, tonight I gave in.

what no one seems to have noted is that despite the lume being aged it still glows better than most watches, in fact its torch like.

also the dial for some reason just seems to be very easy to read for us with aging eyes.

besides the fact that its just one of those watches that is somehow "right".

I found a retired NATO of mine which seems to work well.

iphone photos perhaps not doing it justice.

I agree I was looking at my watch last night at 3.30 pm and agree it has one of the best lumes of any watch I have

I now have a new bed partner

Craftsman
    Eddie - any idea when the next 24 will be available?
    My card awaits...

safely here with me in Bristol :)

first impressions:

this is my first Time Factors watch where I have watched the development of the design from scratch.

I have been very excited about the development process ; deeply disappointed when the launch coincided with me being skint; utterly ecstatic about the received watch.

This, for me, is the best Time Factors watch I have experienced. The overall quality is brilliant, the design is not a clone of some third party watch, and its presence is stunning - reflects elements of the 5513 but on a larger scale.

it looks great on a sand coloured NATO :)

I'm bowled over because I suddenly landed one unexpectedly - may add more considered comments later.

Cheers,
    Steve
    Last edited by Steve264; 5th December 2013 at 18:30. Reason: Bloody spell checker....

Got too agree with Steve,

The lume seems really good, the brushed case finishing is lovely, the bezel action is firm with a very controlled 'click', it suits a variety of straps, its got an identity all of its own (sic) and in execution it takes some other brand's heritage efforts and truly offers heritage via the movement & faithful design

The only mystery is why Eddie is surprised at its popularity!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by adzman808 View Post
    Got too agree with Steve,

The lume seems really good, the brushed case finishing is lovely, the bezel action is firm with a very controlled 'click', it suits a variety of straps, its got an identity all of its own (sic) and in execution it takes some other brand's heritage efforts and truly offers heritage via the movement & faithful design

The only mystery is why Eddie is surprised at its popularity!!!!
    The reason I'm surprised is that many of the "new arrivals" we see in watch talk are watches with complications and/or bling. This made me think that this is what people wanted these days and it would be difficult to find anything with fewer complications or bling than the PRS-82.

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

The reason I'm surprised is that many of the "new arrivals" we see in watch talk are watches with complications and/or bling. This made me think that this is what people wanted these days and it would be difficult to find anything with fewer complications or bling than the PRS-82.

Eddie
    Complications and bling are what you end up with when you have exhausted all other avenues in your search for a basic, honest watch. When, therefore, an uncomplicated watch comes along that is as practical, good-looking and most of all, original as the PRS-82, then it is going to appeal to lots of people.
    "I forget who it was that recommended men for their soul's good to do each day two things they disliked ... it is a precept that I have followed scrupulously; for every day I have got up and I have gone to bed."

Banned

Eddie
    its exactly the type of watch I and others like.

Journeyman

Eddie

Since i I bought mine it has not been of my wrist. maybe because of the reasons you have stated it is so popular.

i was in Manchester yesterday the Cheshire watch company had a Tudor watch in the window the one with the red bezel the similarity to the prs82 was amazing

maybe less is more

Eddie
    Are you mad... less complications. A second hand is fine. I'm then happy with the complication level!

As far as 'bling' the PRS-28 fills that for me! (I only say bling as it was commented on my Friday thread image last week it was a little shiny)
    Last edited by OliverCD; 5th December 2013 at 12:57.

Master

Eddie
    I've noticed what you mean about complications (often for complications sake, I think) and bling (often as in edgy or flashy fashion or power and/or prestige statement, I think) appearing popular at Watch Talk. But some are always going to in themselves react against that and look elsewhere for watches "made of the stuff" the best vintage watches of the past were made.

I personally found Timefactors looking for wristwatches in the style and, very importantly to me, of the construction the best British and U.S. military issue pilots and divers watches and such quietly attained in there time, only to become famous later on for their attributes --- usually after being long out of production in their original state. In other words, I was looking for watches like your Precista PRS-53, PRS-5, and PRS-10, and very most especially, your Smiths 29A.

In fact, if you had made the new TF PRS-82 available with the option of having the same military specification domed and "armoured" steel tension ring secured acrylic crystal I believe the original Precista MOD issue RN diver of 1982 had, I would have added it also to that above list of those of your watches I especially like best and admire most and which are more desirable to me than probably any other watches of current manufacture I am aware of.

In other words, Eddie, WE'RE YOUR NICHE MARKET
    Last edited by Rollon; 5th December 2013 at 14:41.

Hi, even after weeks a great win on my wrist, thank you Eddie!!!!
    Have fun with an unreleased advertisment clip from an PRS-82 Fanboy

Craftsman
    To add my voice to the others who asked the question - are the next batch getting the nos movements?

Banned
    Mine is not even a secound out,hows yours running?

Quote Originally Posted by soapy View Post
    Mine is not even a secound out,hows yours running?
    So far, about +15 SPD, (but it's only been a day)

Quote Originally Posted by RayTango View Post
    To add my voice to the others who asked the question - are the next batch getting the nos movements?
    Yes.

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

Just ordered some canvas for nr. 44

Where's that lovely strap from?

Eddie
    As others have said, it's just so right on so many levels, not just style & function but physical proportions too!

Quote Originally Posted by Dean in Canuckistan View Post
    Where's that lovely strap from?
    Diaboliq.

Eddie
    There a plenty of us on the forum who still like "tool" watches, such as vintage divers, automatic Lemania chronograph and military and military style watches.

Here's mine!

and the lume!

Eddie
    I'm very much on record stating that I don't even want a date complication - ND dials are perfect for me, a second hand is fine but generally the only additional complications I am after are chrono dials.

As someone else says above, the reason I landed in TZUK land is because I was seeking mil and diver type mechanical tool watches. Pretty obviously, I moved on from there and some of my watches now have batteries, capacitors and dates.

The PRS-82 punches my essential buttons of: simplicity and legibility of display; cleanness/crispness of outline; solidity and presence; "classic" styling (and authenticity). Add to that cosmetic appeal from the "aged" lume and the knowledge that there is a NOS classic movement inside.

It's like a cheese and onion sanger with Branston pickle and a pint of Marston's. Nothing to add, nothing to take away.

Cheers,
    Steve

Here's mine!

Looks great on Bond

Cheers,
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Steve264 View Post
    Looks great on Bond

Cheers,
    Steve
    Thanks Steve, it's the strap with the curved buckle and a fabric keeper, rather than the metal loops

Just got my hands on No 171. Now happily with me in Cyprus. Excellent first impression - more comments in due time.

Apprentice
    Here's mine!

and the lume!

Great shots. Looking forward to picking one up once their back up on the site.

Hi all, my special Nikolaus from the UK brought me a already a couple weeks ago a very nice assortment of Natos and I have done on my PRS-82 now some special thank you pictures! as you can see very well the sides of my PRS-82 are polished, but very gentle HAND-POLISHID on the sides and the "Outer Upper Bexel ring" wow as a german finding the right english words is sometimes...... anyway I believe that you can see now the special effect very well
    based on the used background. I hope you like the Pictures and their is a litle quiz includet in this Photo-Strip show as well :)

Quiz:
    Imagnine James Bond is a real person and he is today still Commander (but reservist)! So the question is, which nato Strap would he choose from the folliwng straps.
    Eddie, pssst I know that you know this, becasue I know it from you

Eddie
    Is a batch with non-aged lume possible?

Quote Originally Posted by LVE View Post
    Is a batch with non-aged lume possible?
    It's certainly possible but it's not going to happen ;-).

Eddie

The black and sand NATO works really well for me. Must get one once all those DN's have been despatched and we can buy straps again!

It's certainly possible but it's not going to happen ;-).

Eddie
    Unlucky me............

Quote Originally Posted by Rockabilly View Post
    Hi all, my special Nikolaus from the UK brought me a already a couple weeks ago a very nice assortment of Natos

Love this one? Where did you get it?

Thanks

New NATO for my PRS-82:

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Rev-O View Post

Thanks
    Was just thinking the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by danoafc View Post
    Was just thinking the same thing.
    Looks like a Morellatto Jump Strap - they are excellent but a tight squeeze on the 82
    Gray

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Marios View Post
    Just got my hands on No 171. Now happily with me in Cyprus. Excellent first impression - more comments in due time.

I have 170!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rev-O View Post

Thanks
    Hi, have send you a message :) but be aware that I have pimped the original band a bit.
    I have used a Spülmaschienen TAB mit CO2 in order to increase the Vintage Style.
    Just google for Cinturino Morellato Nato from Itay, Pro: Great Nato with leather, cons: A bit to short compared to normal natos :) I wish and hope that Eddie can produce a better Nato based on this material.

What was the list on these folks, please? Had a look on TF but Eddie's changed it to just say 'out of stock'.

Tree hunnerd n'eighty slides, bro

Quote Originally Posted by Jim: View Post
    Tree hunnerd n'eighty slides, bro
    Good man, thanks Jim - I can make sure I'm ready to click now when the next batch come in :-)

This really looks a great piece by Eddie, I've pondered a PRS before but never really seen one that ticks all my boxes until now...

I can't wait to see mine on the 25th!!

Jim

Apprentice
    Was just going to pull the trigger on an CWC RN Diver, the i saw this one. What a beautiful watch. To bad that i missed this first batch. It is going to be hard wait for me, patience is not my thing .

Is there any date for the next batch?

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim: View Post
    I can't wait to see mine on the 25th!!

Jim
    I get mine for my birthday tomorrow (number 37 for my 37th birthday!). :)

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghane View Post
    Was just going to pull the trigger on an CWC RN Diver, the i saw this one. What a beautiful watch. To bad that i missed this first batch. It is going to be hard wait for me, patience is not my thing .

Is there any date for the next batch?
    That's the second time I've missed out, and a third time the site was closed due to Dreadnoughtitis.

Next time... next time!