timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Precista PRS-82 - owner first impressions, photos and straps etc

Journeyman

A thunderous applause

Quote Originally Posted by sdb123 View Post
    Good write-up Dan.

With regards to the picture appearing in your forum post....if you follow your Photobucket link, you'll see on the right-hand side of the Photobucket page there is an option called IMG (Image). Copy and paste that link into your forum post then the image will appear on the forum.

Like so. :)

Steve
    Steve my watch brother from another mother I want to thank you for helping the needy now I can be on here
    and put up pictures like a big boy.... : ) no really I mean thank you for your kindness and I must say this is a great example of why
    I love these forums so many men of like mind and generosity.

cheers,
    Dan

Craftsman
    Haha! No worries....looking forward to seeing more shots Dan.

Journeyman

Nice side view

Man oh Man I love this piece so photogenic, and thanks again Steve I've graduated and am so proud of myself I can still follow directions : )
    Last edited by artonthewrist; 8th November 2013 at 10:40.

Got home late last night to find no.105 waiting for me. This morning tried it on a few different straps. I quite like the supplied silicon rubber strap, it's the same one Roland Kemmner fits to his 'Seahorse' titanium watch, but with a Precista signed buckle of course.
    First impressions - the PRS-82 is a perfect size and weight for the slimmer wrist. Nice firm bezel clicks, easy to grip coin edge, won't shift by itself. Beautifully finished. Clean simple uncluttered dial. Good size crown with robust-looking stem tube. Very nice crystal and bezel, looks classy. It might take a little while to really like the 'snake head' minutes hand design but it adds tremendous character, as does the aged lume and asymmetric case. Love having drilled lugs. Nice knowing that there may only ever be a couple of hundred of this version on the whole planet.. Overall a very classy looking watch that will hold its own when I'm working at sea or wearing a dinner jacket - think it's going to be a keeper for me.
    Here's some photos from this morning:

First of all the PRS-82 with the lovely PRS-18Q I ordered with it. Nice having a couple more Precistas in the family - my 16 year old daughter wears a PRS-10 on wjeans shark mesh and oldest son a PRS-17Q on a Watchadoo Lumpy..

Here's the 82 on Eddie's orange and grey stripey NATO - a nice combo I think.

On the striped NATO, confirms that the lume is not orange ;)

I'm really pleased with the PRS-82, it's beautiful, robust, and classy.

Steve

After a lot of strap changes #100 is back on rubber:

Is the best looking watch Eddie has ever made?

Obviously I haven't handled them all but of the one I have all have been good but this is my snake-hands down favourite.

I seriously love this watch.

Saw my first one yesterday via a fellow TZ member, very nice.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rev-O View Post
    Is the best looking watch Eddie has ever made?
    Difficult to say: It's certainly very aesthetically appealing. The case shape, aged lume, hands, and rubber strap combine in a way that is difficult to describe but is very good looking.

I must say that the popularity of the PRS-82 has taken my by surprise. It's a watch I definitely wanted to make but it's a very simple and basic design, why is it so appealing?

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

Quote Originally Posted by swanbourne View Post
    but it's a very simple and basic design, why is it so appealing?
    That probably says it all there. There's not a lot about the watch to put people off! Look at a long-term TF best-seller, the Speedbird. Same thing applies.

If I wanted to be mean I'd say it was the Phil Collins of the Time Factors line-up, but that really wouldn't be fair :)

I must say that the popularity of the PRS-82 has taken my by surprise. It's a watch I definitely wanted to make but it's a very simple and basic design, why is it so appealing?

Eddie
    Fine question. all I can say is If I was currently looking to buy a watch from your current range it would be this one. But I don't really know why. Perhaps it's the apparent simplicity of the design which actually masks something very well thought out? (Bear in mind I've got an Everest already so I left this out of my thinking when looking at the current offerings.) It's all the more odd as I normally like complications on a watch, but I tend to wear your offerings rather than collect them if that makes sense?

Craftsman
    Glasgow, The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
    Blog Entries

Eddie
    I love the dial, the hands, the lume, the case and that big crown. It's also at the upper limit for size for me. What's not to like?
    It's simple and basic, just like my SBIII and PRS18Q. I'm a simple person.

Eddie
    Some reasons: at last a 40mm and not a 42-45mm; it is almost identical to the original one; it has the original logo on the dial (something that many hommage cant have).

P.S.: if you could do the same thing with other beautiful designs like the Certina DS PH200M, the Eterna-Matic Kontiki Super, the Eberhard Scafograf 200/300 .... you'd have another winner.
    Last edited by Gatt; 9th November 2013 at 15:30.

Eddie
    For me the asymmetrical case (as -18Q, Benrus/Adanac/Marathon/etc), the hands, the price and the history in combination with the movements used.

The 82 is my current go to watch.
    I enjoy so much about the watch.
    It's aesthetically very pleasing, legible, interesting and has history.
    It also has extra oomph from being a limited edition reissue with a period movement.
    Last edited by gray; 9th November 2013 at 16:40.

Craftsman
    Mine has just arrived and I love it. I liked the design of the original when I first saw it a few years ago. I think the design is original and different without being wacky, which is a big attraction.

The new one has surprised me with its level of refinement. It's quite glossy which makes it more versatile compared to eg the PRS 18 which is a bit of a pure tool.

Finally the dial is nice and simple without being sterile, something I didn't really like in the SBIII.

Some of the photos suggest a marked difference between the lume on the hands and hour markers. Is is noticeable on the wrist?

Eddie
    I haven't bought a watch for a couple of years as nothing has grabbed me until the PRS 82. I like simplicity of design, quality, value for money, a classic look, versatility, practicality (water resistance etc) and a reasonable size but not too big lug to lug. The PRS 82 ticks all these boxes just perfectly plus has a nice history and aged lume to give it something a little special. I am not at all surprised that its selling like hotcakes, its an absolute winner.

Master

Eddie
    I tend to agree with the other comments, the simplicity of the design and size make for a very wearable watch. Before joining the forum I was aware of Timefactors and spent a lot of time considering the Everest but was unsure about the size. The 82 ticked a lot of boxes for me and I am very pleased with my first time factors purchase and I am sure it will not be my last.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by smalleyboy1 View Post
    Some of the photos suggest a marked difference between the lume on the hands and hour markers. Is is noticeable on the wrist?
    If I focus on them then I can see that the hands are slightly lighter but its not obvious otherwise.

Journeyman

...exactly..

..it's a very simple and basic design..

Eddie

Journeyman

..does someone have a picture of the '82 on admiralty grey?

....mine should be at the door on Monday..

Quote Originally Posted by lambstew View Post
    ....mine should be at the door on Monday..
    Same here. I signed up with this forum because of this watch --my first Precista. On paper (pixels, rather) this is my dream watch. Old school diver, 40mm, that doesn't look like a Rolex copy. I'm stoked!

Will post my own pixels after it arrives. :)

..does someone have a picture of the '82 on admiralty grey?

Journeyman

..oh that's a nice combo..

Quote Originally Posted by Gatt View Post
    ..thanks for sharing!

Cheers,

Konrad

I must say that the popularity of the PRS-82 has taken my by surprise. It's a watch I definitely wanted to make but it's a very simple and basic design, why is it so appealing? Eddie
    It's simply beautiful, classy and a perfect size. It's not a Rolex or Omega clone, has real heritage, and I'm proud to wear mine on Remembrance Sunday knowing it's the sort of watch my colleagues might have been issued with back in my Royal Naval Reserve mine clearance days in the '80s. Very pleased you re-issued the watch Eddie, it's gorgeous.
    Steve

[IMG][/IMG]

I like it because it has real heritage, this is my second modern Precista, i had a PRS-18 for a while.

This is exactly the type of watch you should be making along with new, original Precista designs, not Seiko copies.

I've had my 82 out since it arrived, i dont want to wear anything else!

I like it because:
    - great quality
    - historical link
    - the twist of having the same movement as the origional
    - clean design
    - great crown
    - legibility
    - design of crystal
    - size
    - price point
    - works so well with NATO
    - it's a TF watch

Piccy request of the 82

Hi all

I have kindly been sent a PRS-82 by a forum member to give it the once over for a review (not that it needs it!) - I do have to send the watch back much the pity!

Anyway, to remain true to my idleness with a camera, would any of you who have posted pics in this thread who would let me use them within the review be kind enough as to drop me a quick PM to give me permission?

There are some crackers here and it would be great to include them.

Thanks in advance and apologies for being a scrounger, yet again!

Cheers

Ewan

I now have the PRS-82 on an MOD Admiralty Grey Nato, best strap for me so far, love it.

Dang, the PRS-82 looks amazing. Perfect size for me and at a decent price. Too bad I only heard about it now (haven't had time for watch forums recently ).. the orders have been disabled until next Tuesday!

OK, after my great joy with one of David Boettcher's Mk II NATO in leather, I ordered a standard "normal" two-piece strap in dark brown.

It's simple, classic and thin enough for any shirt cuffs to slip over. I like it. A lot.

More pics in the '82 thread over at Leather, Rubber & Nylon here:

http://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.ph...-PRS-82-Straps
    Last edited by Rev-O; 14th November 2013 at 16:28.

Tried the PRS-82 with a "sand" Timefactor canvas strap:

Not bad! Tried an olive-green one and it is even better!

not bad at all!

The lume means that sand / beige straps seem to work surprisingly well.

And I do like Eddie's canvas straps, amazing value.

That jumper, though. Really? Has Christmas come early in your house?

Craftsman
    That jumper, though. Really? Has Christmas come early in your house?
    Check the location - Milan, Italy, the home of fashion. He wears, you learn. You wear. ;)

Quote Originally Posted by RayTango View Post
    Check the location - Milan, Italy, the home of fashion. He wears, you learn. You wear. ;)
    Ray - we're both in Staffordshire, no merino wool, cashmere and silk sweaters here, just some threadbare old M&S ones with holes in them.

Craftsman
    Ray - we're both in Staffordshire, no merino wool, cashmere and silk sweaters here, just some threadbare old M&S ones with holes in them.
    Haha - now you mention it I've not seem many jumpers like that in Cannock of late...

Quote Originally Posted by RayTango View Post
    Haha - now you mention it I've not seem many jumpers like that in Cannock of late...
    It's not cold enough in Cannock for jumpers yet.....

This is an understated yet elegant "tool watch". I love the way it looks... and I love the way it wears. It's versatile and looks great on natos, leather and the included rubber (which is by far the most comfortable rubber strap I've owned).

VERY happy with my first Precista!

Had the PRS-82 on a Watchadoo Lumpy and I am warming to the watch on this bracelet.

This watch has just displaced the Everest as my favourite Timefactors watch.
    The Everest is staying tho'
    Last edited by nibby; 18th November 2013 at 19:31.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by nibby View Post
    Had the PRS-82 on a Watchadoo Lumpy and I am warming to the watch on this bracelet.

Wow, that looks really good!

Comparison between PRS-82 and Kemmner 007, these two are homages to old divers and are a similar size.

You can see the Lume on the Kemmner is orange the PRS-82 is not.
    Last edited by nibby; 19th November 2013 at 13:27.

Mine on Bronze Zulu and black/sand Nato.

And with my other Precista, real nice watches.

Today, the PRS-82 is on a nice vintage leather strap !

^ Very nice shots ! Welcome to the forum

Pail

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishbed View Post
    Mine on Bronze Zulu and black/sand Nato.

Welcome to the forum sir. That NATO is stunning, where did you get it from?

I agree.. best strap I've seen on this watch..

Quote Originally Posted by Schofie View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Schofie View Post
    Hi, I can answer this, I have the same here and it is waiting for his PRS-82.
    The Nato is from Germany, very nice build!
    http://www.miros-time.de/nato-b%C3%A4nder/nato-g10-2/

Best regards,
    Peter

Journeyman

..also seen here..

Quote Originally Posted by wrigles View Post
    I agree.. best strap I've seen on this watch..
    http://www.triwa.com/en/straps/black-stripes-nato

Thanks! ;)