TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Precista PRS-82 - owner first impressions, photos and straps etc

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rev-O View Post
    It's the new Asterix story, just out:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asterix_and_the_Picts
    Quote Originally Posted by bestak View Post
    yes tha'ts right and since a long time this album is fine, it's not the best of the collection but the new team in charge has made a good job this time.
    Thanks both. Oh cool, I shall look forward to reading this.

Something seasonal

Not as sharp as it should be but such a nice pic

A very sexy crystal;)

Quote Originally Posted by Rev-O View Post
    It's the new Asterix story, just out:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asterix_and_the_Picts
    This is what I love about TZ - its not only great info about watches we find out about! Cheers!

Journeyman
    everything about this watch is the aged lume, it looks amazing

Apprentice
    Great photos, Dentsmithy. The first and the last picture in particular seem to reflect the mood of the watch very well (if that makes any sense ).

...not that I own one myself, though.
    Last edited by morecaffeine; 1st November 2013 at 17:17.

Chalk and cheese,

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by bestak View Post
    This morning i was at the salon de Paris prêt à porter pour montres (Paris watches fashion show)

Love those straps!

Master
    Excellent photos there Dentsmithy.

Also, really liking those stitched natos from the paris show.

Really impressed with the '82 - great build quality again!
    Had initial concerns about the aged lume as all the photos seem to show the hands looking lighter (almost white in some shots) but in the 'metal' they're the same - such a lovely deep caramel colour.

Will try and get some decent photo's in daylight.

Another big hit Eddie - Thank you!!!!

Journeyman
    This watch is playing with my mind. I can't decide if the bezel is aligned or not. Then I turn the watch and it looks straight and the next moment...
    I guess it's due to the domed sapphire. Any body else having this problem? Could also me drinking beer, you never know ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Tickeros View Post

The 'vintage' look to the indices is subtle, it makes the Steinhart OVM look like it's trying too hard.

The '82 will look bloomin' marvellous on an admiralty grey nato or distressed brown leather.
    +1 on both of those.

Besides, it's not like the world needs another Sub homage.

Quote Originally Posted by watchnoob View Post
    This watch is playing with my mind. I can't decide if the bezel is aligned or not. Then I turn the watch and it looks straight and the next moment...
    I guess it's due to the domed sapphire. Any body else having this problem? Could also me drinking beer, you never know ;-)
    I'm glad that it's not just me experiencing this! It's either the domed sapphire or my medication.

On another matter, I have been pleasantly surprised by how much I like the rubber strap, much more comfortable and better looking than I had thought it would be.

Oiled Bridle Leather strap by SteveO

Journeyman

Before the main course

Quote Originally Posted by Dentsmithy View Post

Thank you so much for these very nice teaser shots(too me), my main course lands here in Portland, Oregon USA on Monday so these shots are a nice prelude to the actual song : )

great work and cheers to you,
    Dan

Journeyman
    Today
    From The Kanak exposition at Quai Branly Museum Paris

60 hours from Sheffield to my home in the US. Fabulous watch.

I'm wearing it on a shell cordovan NATO with custom roller buckle. Can't beat shell for comfort and durability.

Best regards to all,

Myron

Quote Originally Posted by Myron View Post

I'm wearing it on a shell cordovan NATO with custom roller buckle. Can't beat shell for comfort and durability.

Best regards to all,

Myron

That does look good.

I'd never looked at leather Nato straps until now. That really does look good

Best regards to all,

Myron

That does look good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ric356II View Post
    I'd never looked at leather Nato straps until now. That really does look good
    Thanks! I love shell cordovan for a bunch of reasons. There's no pesky suede side to deal with, it's super stable as a material so it doesn't shrink or stretch, its very non-poruous compared to a cowhide leather so it's great for use in water, and it's bloody handsome. The thinner shells are nice for a NATO; the thicker shells are good for other straps.

Best,

Myron

That's a handsome combo. Could you tell me the cost and delivery time.? Thanks.

Apprentice
    Does someone know which quality grade the movement has? Eddie??

Quote Originally Posted by hg1978 View Post
    Does someone know which quality grade the movement has? Eddie??
    "This re-edition uses the same ETA movement as the original, the ETA2783 25 jewel automatic. These are new old stock movements which have been cleaned, lubricated and adjusted in August 2013. "

From the Timefactors web site.

Apprentice
    @jackwibble

Thats clear... I want to know if the movement ist standard, elabore or top

@jackwibble

I'm not sure whether they were offering different grades when the 2783 was current. That's not to say they didn't, just that I've never seen one.

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

@jackwibble

Apologies it was early didn't read your question correctly so my guess would be standard as Eddie normally states if it's of higher quality but I'm sure he or some one with far greater knowledge than I will be along to confirm this.

I can say that it is a stunning watch in the flesh and the silicone strap is very good!

Journeyman

Red face

nov2013 420.jpg

looks good , feels comfortable

Master

Best regards to all,

Myron

Hi Myron. I genuinely think this watch looks very good on every watchband it has been pictured on so far, the "YAB", vintage rubber, canvas, everything, but, along with a few others that stand out as already shown, I think especially so on your light tan shell cordovan NATO. The PRS-82 looks great on that, and, if I may ask, is yours what the Horween company calls the "Whiskey" colour? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rollon View Post
    Hi Myron. I genuinely think this watch looks very good on every watchband it has been pictured on so far, the "YAB", vintage rubber, canvas, everything, but, along with a few others that stand out as already shown, I think especially so on your light tan shell cordovan NATO. The PRS-82 looks great on that, and, if I may ask, is yours what the Horween company calls the "Whiskey" colour? Thanks
    Hi Rollon,

Yes, I made this strap out of a Whiskey shell. Natural also looks a lot like Whiskey when it starts out, but it will turn a lovely dark brown as it ages. I totally agree with you about the suitability of this watch on just about any kind of strap. I haven't seen one I don't like yet.

Best,

Myron

Craftsman

Timekeeping

Have been wearing mine since it landed, very happy. Non-scientific timekeeping using http://www.atomic-clock.org.uk/atomic-clock.php and with the watch on the wrist or placed face up is + 1m 38s over 5 days. Better a bit fast than a bit slow as I don't miss my train then!

Master
    Blog Entries
    En route to 350 miles away from where I started this morning, I've driven, ahem, quickly, to get to somewhere I can place an order, and the first time I try my card bombs me out!!!! Aaaaargh, security checks my @*se!!!!
    Cue very nervous 20 min convo with some chump questioning every one of my transactions in the last year ("no I don't know what I took out of the cash point on July 8th, and no, I also cannot remember the exact date I opened this account, I WAS NINE!!!! And if you don't let this through I'll remember the date I closed it without doubt").

Very relieved it worked after that, just hope such messing doesn't cause Eddie too much aggro, I'm quite sure he doesn't need it..

Just ordered mine, plus a PRS18Q to keep it company - I'm in Belfast to give a talk at the wonderful Titanic museum and was delighted to discover they have free visitor's wifi here. I was worried I'd miss out when I boarded the plane this morning and the shop hadn't opened yet - very happy now - thanks Eddie! Not home till Friday so the wait begins..
    Steve

Apprentice

Hey which Strap is it by SteveO??? I want that!!!!

[Hey which Strap is it by SteveO??? I want that!!!![/QUOTE]

Glad you like it;) I'm not sure it's on his site but contact him and maybe send the picture. I think he has had a couple of enquiries about it already. When I got it I oiled it with neatsfoot oil which helped it wear in a little quicker, not that it wasn't lovely and supple, just a little new.
    He was very good to deal with.

Apprentice
    My PRs 82 seems to have a slightly curved minute hand (big hand)... What about yours??? Quality issue?

Apprentice
    [Hey which Strap is it by SteveO??? I want that!!!!
    Glad you like it;) I'm not sure it's on his site but contact him and maybe send the picture. I think he has had a couple of enquiries about it already. When I got it I oiled it with neatsfoot oil which helped it wear in a little quicker, not that it wasn't lovely and supple, just a little new.
    He was very good to deal with.[/QUOTE]

Thanks! I just ordered the Military 2 strap. How long is delivery??

I don't know how busy he is but mine was about two and a half weeks.

My PRs 82 seems to have a slightly curved minute hand (big hand)... What about yours??? Quality issue?
    Yes, it's a quality issue - a very high quality double domed sapphire crystal creating a wonderful curved effect at certain angles. You'll notice your dial has a similar "quality issue"... And the seconds hand...

Journeyman

In action

I absolutely love my Prs82 alottttttt. I have had my share of dive watches and in this watch I believe I have hit the jackpot and have the following commentary some of which will be redundant but I'm ok with that. My first thought upon opening to see the inner goodness was oh my, and then strapping it on the wrist with the rubber strap which is not like anything I have had, sure its been around for awhile but new to me and most comfortable and I will be leaving it on this for a while. Now my points,
    Bezel: The coin edge, its height,combined with the asymmetrical case make it so easy to use. The Bezel requires some authority to turn it and I'm fine with that, solid purposeful clicks giving me a feeling of confidence and integrity.
    The Case: Simple straightforward lines that match the watch nicely.
    The finish: Very nice brushed finish on top with polished surface on the back and on crown face.
    Crown: This is to me one of the most important features of this watch what with nice amount of surface area to use with nice coin type gripping edge and of course the brand on the polished surface to round it out.
    Accuracy: To soon to tell mine is on the slow side pretty good right now, I contacted Eddie who advised I give it 6 weeks or so before I do anything giving a chance for the movement to settle in.
    Feel: On the rubber strap I think it has a nice weight my wrist comes in at 7.25" I keep it on the fourth hole from the end most of the time finding this to be my sweet spot.
    Dial and hands: Just perfect now, not a set of hands I liked at all ..... but the more I looked at them the more they grew on me until it was all over, I was won over and had to see it in person (not disappointed)
    Crystal: Just right, love the slight outward curvature and sometimes in the right light the minute hand due to the faceted crystal extends all the way to the very edge of the dial, a nice illusion.

Here is my picture of mine in daily action and sorry to say others that don't belong in this post sorry, could use some help on figuring how to put up pictures the right way:

http://s368.photobucket.com/user/art...b0047.jpg.html

And if some watch brother out there could message me back on how to put pictures up that would be great,
    my
    thanks,

Dan
    Last edited by artonthewrist; 8th November 2013 at 08:43.

Still loving mine!
    Last edited by Chris W; 7th November 2013 at 08:30.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by artonthewrist View Post
    Here is my picture of mine in daily action and sorry to say others that don't belong in this post sorry, could use some help on figuring how to put up pictures the right way:

http://s368.photobucket.com/user/art...b0047.jpg.html

And if some watch brother out there could message me back on how to put pictures up that would be great, my
    thanks,

Dan
    Good write-up Dan.

With regards to the picture appearing in your forum post....if you follow your Photobucket link, you'll see on the right-hand side of the Photobucket page there is an option called IMG (Image). Copy and paste that link into your forum post then the image will appear on the forum.

Like so. :)

Steve
    Last edited by sdb123; 7th November 2013 at 09:40.

the hands are so hideous....

I'm looking at my watch collection right now to figure out which ones to sell to raise funds.

Two Timefactors Nato straps arrived today, looks pretty good on both I think...

Apprentice
    First time poster, hello all!

Bought this wonderful piece and it arrived this morning. It's a fantastic addition to my growing collection and being British made with British history makes it all the better for a Brit!

Will post some pics in the next few days.

Stupid question, how do you tell which number you have?

Thanks in advance.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by mattk75 View Post
    First time poster, hello all!

Bought this wonderful piece and it arrived this morning. It's a fantastic addition to my growing collection and being British made with British history makes it all the better for a Brit!

Will post some pics in the next few days.

Stupid question, how do you tell which number you have?

Thanks in advance.
    Congratulations on your purchase!

Look at the serial number on the back of the watch...it'll be the last three digits (mine is 037, so number 37 of the 200).

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by sdb123 View Post
    Congratulations on your purchase!

Look at the serial number on the back of the watch...it'll be the last three digits (mine is 037, so number 37 of the 200).
    I'm 107 then, thanks.