closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Precista PRS-82 - owner first impressions, photos and straps etc

Journeyman

Technically challenged

Thanks for the helping hand on the picture : )

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Rev-O View Post
    It does look really superb on that leather nato, but it's not practical for taking in the water.

Think it might end up on a tan or black nylon nato for me.

That said, I also think it's begging for a nice bracelet..........

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post
    You lot are making my OCD worse my the minute - all those pics of mis-aligned bezels aaaarrrrgggghhhhh

Lovely watch though.

David
    As per minkle, it is just the angle of the photos and the depth of the watch - I think all photos in this thread you will find are aligned to 12.
    Last edited by Jaunty; 25th October 2013 at 20:41.

Quote Originally Posted by gray View Post
    ... but the map doesn't show me by the sea ooarrrrgh
    Moved you down by the Royal Liverpool Golf Club now if that suits.
    Fantastic view in Google Streetview, heh

The bloke who owns that house with the lighthouse: 76 Stanley Rd, damn....

I have to say half the fun is learning the new locations.

This... thread... is... not... helping...

I was pretty happy to think "no, not this one" when I saw Eddie's pics. Now you b******* have me changing my mind with your pics. ARGH!

This happened with the CAF also, and truthfully I could not be happier with it.

Craftsman
    I love it. For me on first impressions it is the best quality TF watch I have owned to date. Kind of reminds me of my vintage Omega Seamaster 60m with the big crown (I never really knew about the original Precista).

How is everyone's watch doing for keeping time?

Mine seemed to have lost maybe 20 seconds in about 12 hours compared to my computer clock (uses NTP)
    Today I gave it a decent wind at 1:30pm in case it needed a little extra, then in the next 6 hours lost 7-8 seconds.

At 8pm, I'll start a timer for 24 hours and see what time I've got when it goes off tomorrow...

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by redhed18 View Post

Mine seemed to have lost maybe 20 seconds in about 12 hours compared to my computer clock (uses NTP)
    Today I gave it a decent wind at 1:30pm in case it needed a little extra, then in the next 6 hours lost 7-8 seconds.

At 8pm, I'll start a timer for 24 hours and see what time I've got when it goes off tomorrow...
    Wound mine at 1pm on Thursday but haven't had chance to wear it yet. So it's been sat in my watch box but has lost about 4 seconds in about 44 hours, which is pretty impressive!

That sounds more like handset lag due to the way you set the time than anything to do with timing or losing time. After setting the time again you'll need a week to see how it settles and then probably a couple of months for the newly cleaned, fitted and adjusted movement to settle.

Patience Grasshopper
    Gray

Moved you down by the Royal Liverpool Golf Club now if that suits.
    Fantastic view in Google Streetview, heh

The bloke who owns that house with the lighthouse: 76 Stanley Rd, damn....

I have to say half the fun is learning the new locations.
    Phah. I don't do golf That lighthouse was derelict for years. It's just a shame they built a couple of more houses between it and the beach. There's another one there even further in land/town. In fact our coastline is peppered with them, including one on New Brighton beach that my kids have slept in, a neighbour owns it. If you stick "Vale Park, New Brighton" in that is much closer to where I live - but my address is not going public!
    Gray

Just a quick update...

I've checked mine against my Riseman and it's about +2s from when I first set it on Thursday night, it's not been off the wrist since then apart from laying face up overnight.. That kind of timing is perfect for me so the PRS-82 will fit perfectly with the rest of my regular wearers.

Super comfy on both the rubber and the nato too!

Today she's on a mesh

- Ian
    Last edited by goregasm; 26th October 2013 at 12:19.

I tried to order one of these a couple of times, but having seen the colour of the lume I think the box issues may have done me a favour. It looks very orange in some shots, and almost pink in others.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by bonzo697 View Post
    I tried to order one of these a couple of times, but having seen the colour of the lume I think the box issues may have done me a favour. It looks very orange in some shots, and almost pink in others.
    ?!

I think you need whatever display device you're using calibrating! The applied lume markers are not orange and nowhere near pink!

Craftsman
    Here's a Q & D of mine (excuse the speck of dust on the bottom right lug) on a brown Di-Modell Rallye strap....obviously not a match made in heaven however I have a lack of 20mm straps and far too many 22mm straps!

There are a couple of shots that folks seem to have messed with the settings and created orangey looking lume. Curious that you should focus on those and ignore the majority that show it to be the creamy colour that it is. There is no variation between watches.
    Gray

I clicked the new post panel and it took me to the 2nd page. It was just a casual observation, as I'm no longer interested in buying it.

If you were judging the lume colour from my photographs, the colour's so accurate it makes my wrist appear jaundiced!

Quote Originally Posted by sdb123 View Post
    Here's a Q & D of mine (excuse the speck of dust on the bottom right lug) on a brown Di-Modell Rallye strap....obviously not a match made in heaven however I have a lack of 20mm straps and far too many 22mm straps!

I'm after some 22mm straps if you fancy moving some on! (Oh, errr, nice watch.)

Quote Originally Posted by Cannop View Post
    If you were judging the lume colour from my photographs, the colour's so accurate it makes my wrist appear jaundiced!
    That definitely looks orange. I'd call it Essex Sunbed!

I clicked the new post panel and it took me to the 2nd page. It was just a casual observation, as I'm no longer interested in buying it.
    I always fancied a Moonwatch until I saw this

Gray

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by sdb123 View Post

Not a match made in heaven but maybe on the same strap in black? Thoughts anybody? What's the quality like?
    Last edited by Schofie; 27th October 2013 at 00:41.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Anyone stuck it on a Bond NATO yet?!?!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by DS3R View Post
    Anyone stuck it on a Bond NATO yet?!?!
    I'm wearing mine on a bond NATO that I got from Eddie right now. It looks really good in my opinion:

Last edited by Schofie; 27th October 2013 at 21:37.

Master

I've started a straps thread.......

I managed to pick up the SC offering yesterday from BRGRS and after a horrid day at work finally got to open it up tonight. All I can really say is WOW! I seriously love this watch. I'd almost go as far as saying it was perfect for me. Funny old game this watch collecting - Brian said, he instantly knew the moment he opened the package up the watch wasn't for him. The moment I opened it up I knew instantly it was the one for me! The rubber strap is super soft - everything about it scream quality.

The 82 looked amazing in the pictures - it looks stunning in the metal!

Looking forward to hearing more comments from the second batch buyers tomorrow. And can't wait for Ewan's review.

just received mine

great value package, case very impressive, love the oversized crown. Rubber strap very comfortable

Just a couple of issues that may yet bug me (and I'm a bit OCD):-

1. the lume on the hands seems a shade or two lighter than that on the dial

2. the lume on the dial seems to be applied a little unevenly and not quite centred on the white plops

I'm crap at photos and have crappy old Blackberry so the attached snap probably just about shows the lighter hands, and if you look carefully the plops issue at 4, 5 & 11
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. the lume on the dial seems to be applied a little unevenly and not quite centred on the white plops
    I wonder if the lume being thinner on the hands is the reason for the differing colour?

I hadn't noticed the dial....odd given the time I've spent staring at it. Mine is "out" on 10 11 and 12.

You can see on almost every picture, even before the watch was for sale that the lume on the hands looked lighter than the dial, i presumed it was because there is some light coming through the hands and of course, the hands are white.

Is Roland doing the custom lume on these? If its by hand rather than machine than i can live with some not being quite central.

It looks pretty good on your pic though.. i look forward to seeing mine!

You can see on almost every picture, even before the watch was for sale that the lume on the hands looked lighter than the dial
    Indeed.

This is the first new watch I've had in ages and I'm delighted with it. Pictures really don't do it justice.

Quote Originally Posted by dandanthewatchman View Post
    just received mine

Just a couple of issues that may yet bug me (and I'm a bit OCD):-

Same as on mine, but I'm really happy with it. I think Eddie has replied to this in another thread about the hand colour... its to do with not being able to lay the lume down as thick on the hands as on the dial. I say it gives it charm - its meant to be mimicking aged lume and a slight bit of unevenness is to be expected when that happens, so looks great on the 82!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kace View Post
    Pictures really don't do it justice.
    Very, very true!

Quote Originally Posted by kace
    Pictures really don't do it justice.
    Totally agree. I think in pics it looks a little 'flat' but on the wrist you can see the curves, bevels, detailing and it looks and wears fantastic :)

Mine arrived about half an hour ago:

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Schofie View Post
    I'm wearing mine on a bond NATO that I got from Eddie right now. It looks really good in my opinion:

For some reason this pic doesn't show on an Apple device...

Quote Originally Posted by DS3R View Post
    For some reason this pic doesn't show on an Apple device...
    Doesn't show on Win7/Chrome either.

I have to say I do like it on KP's sand NATO.

No. 44

Mine has just arrived and it is stunning.

I'll take some pictures later but I have to say that although ther are some good shots already none of them do justice to the superb quality, especially the crystal. The rubber strap, which I didn't expect to like is a super supple delight and my 82 may well stay on this for a while.

Congratulations to Mr Platts. and thankyou for picking out my requested number.

Now how can I wear this and my speedbird at the same time.

ps. I saw mention of the lume not being applied centrally. I suspect that it's just an illusion due to the thickness throwing a shaddow on the edging. Mine is spot on but with a strong side or top light it could look missaligned.
    Last edited by Dentsmithy; 31st October 2013 at 13:35.

I hope to clear all UK shipping today, leaving just another 8 international for tomorrow.

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

Journeyman

Friday Fun

Quote Originally Posted by swanbourne View Post
    I hope to clear all UK shipping today, leaving just another 8 international for tomorrow.

Eddie
    Oh boy 8 internationals tomorrow.... one of those would be me : ) Have not
    been this excited for a watch in a long time.

Had a momentary disappointment when I got the following from UPS.

Exception Reason: A FLIGHT DELAY OCCURRED BECAUSE OF AIRCRAFT MECHANICAL REASONS.
    Luckily the delay must have been short because the current status is "out for delivery".

Quote Originally Posted by dandanthewatchman View Post

the lume on the dial seems to be applied a little unevenly and not quite centred on the white plops
    On my '82 all the plots and markers have *some* white background around the edge as a "border"

- so the lume's been applied a lot more accurately applied than on most of my genuinely vintage watches ;-)

No complaints here, this is possibly the nicest watch I have ever owned - and, at last, a diver that goes with brown and/or leather straps!

Happy man here. I think #007 and I are going to stay together for a very long time :-)

Good work Eddie.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by kungfugerbil View Post
    Totally agree. I think in pics it looks a little 'flat' but on the wrist you can see the curves, bevels, detailing and it looks and wears fantastic :)

Mine arrived about half an hour ago:

^ That's a great picture, KFGB, one of the best I think I've seen put up so far. Yours on the grey nylon NATO along with Rev-O's farther up the thread on the reddish-brown leather NATO, and the several pictures showing the ‘82 on either a black or the included dark navy blue nylon NATO, make me think I'd be very happy to start with those watchbands myself if I owned one of these.

My current favorites for my [MOD dumped] Citizen Eco-Drive diver (which I admit looks nowhere near as good as the '82) are a grey nylon NATO and one in "Desert Sand", the latter which I think might be similar to or perhaps even the same under another name as the "Coyote" colour TF NATO Eddie apparently has on the way. If so, maybe it would prove a good one for the '82 judging by how much I like the Desert Sand on my Citizen.

I also think, as I did of the PRS-50 before it, that the PRS-82 might be one of those rare watches, specifically divers, that seem to look good on everything as it's looked good to me on every diverse band, including rustic 2-piece “ammo belt” leather, khaki tan NATO, Rallye, mesh, vintage style rubber/silicone, etc., I've seen it pictured on yet

^^^ Oooo, I do like that.

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

Quote Originally Posted by swanbourne View Post
    ^^^ Oooo, I do like that.

Eddie
    Thankyou.

Journeyman
    This morning i was at the salon de Paris prêt à porter pour montres (Paris watches fashion show)

i'd tried 3 Hamilton Nato and the Eddie's NATO/G10 YAB (Yet Another Bond) Strap fittings RAF

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bestak View Post
    Looks good on the YAB.

And what Asterix & Obelix story is that? I don't recall one set in Scotland or with the Picts!

P.S. I do believe the '82 is the best looking watch I have ever owned.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Rev-O View Post
    It's the new Asterix story, just out:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asterix_and_the_Picts
    yes tha'ts right and since a long time this album is fine, it's not the best of the collection but the new team in charge has made a good job this time.

For the YAB the "Non blu- Non red" stripes are a little too "green" for matching perfectly with the lume color of the watch. Anyway the result is quite good looking

[IMG][/IMG]

No.75 arrived. Very impressed. 47mm just about right for my 6.5" flat wrist.

Surprised by the flexibility of the rubber strap, as my only previous experiences are the poker stiff Seikos.

The 'vintage' look to the indices is subtle, it makes the Steinhart OVM look like it's trying too hard.

The '82 will look bloomin' marvellous on an admiralty grey nato or distressed brown leather.

[IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by Tickeros; 1st November 2013 at 12:38.