closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Thread: Precista PRS-82 - owner first impressions, photos and straps etc

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarett View Post
    Can anybody tell me where I can order nato's like these with the shaped keepers etc? I know Eddie does limited colours but I'd be interested particularly in the blue.

Thanks.
    Last edited by danoafc; 4th February 2016 at 00:41.

Quote Originally Posted by danoafc View Post
    Can anybody tell me where I can order nato's like these with the shaped keepers etc? I know Eddie does limited colours but I'd be interested particularly in the blue.

Thanks.
    They are all straps from Eddie :)

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarett View Post
    They are all straps from Eddie :)
    Thanks Jarrett.

Just for keeping this thread on the top.
    I've been lurking this watch for month. Not said I'm not going to crack.

Got mine a few weeks ago but only received a strapcode bracelet for it today, loving it

Quote Originally Posted by Montybaber View Post
    Got mine a few weeks ago but only received a strapcode bracelet for it today, loving it

Which strapcode model did you buy - a little difficult to see from that angle

/L

PRS - 82 on a Tropic a really comfy strap.

But this one was made for it.

Quote Originally Posted by nibby View Post
    PRS - 82 on a Tropic a really comfy strap.
    Is that a vintage/original Tropic or a replica. If replica pls. post the source

Quote Originally Posted by longbear View Post
    Is that a vintage/original Tropic or a replica. If replica pls. post the source
    Longbear,
    it is a replica from the Watchband Centre in Germany, check it out here

http://www.watch-band-center.com/wat...20mm-blac.html

Regards
    Nibby

Quote Originally Posted by nibby View Post
    Longbear,
    it is a replica from the Watchband Centre in Germany, check it out here

http://www.watch-band-center.com/wat...20mm-blac.html

Regards
    Nibby
    thanks Nibby

I "ran" my PRS-82 on a custom canvas from Revo. Not really a divers strap - but it looks great. :)

thanks Nibby

I "ran" my PRS-82 on a custom canvas from Revo. Not really a divers strap - but it looks great. :)
    <snip>
    You are not wrong - looks good on that canvas.

Which strapcode model did you buy - a little difficult to see from that angle

/L
    It's a super oyster, will try and take more pics

Here you go

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by westy View Post
    No. 149 arrived with me today and I'd got a few straps lined up for it already..

A bit smaller than I usually like, but I'm going to stick with it...
    Is there anywhere to get that second strap with brushed hardware? I've only been able to find it with polished buckles and keepers.

Quote Originally Posted by nyonya View Post
    Is there anywhere to get that second strap with brushed hardware? I've only been able to find it with polished buckles and keepers.
    Apply plenty of masking tape and brush the hardware yourself :-)

Jim

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim: View Post
    Apply plenty of masking tape and brush the hardware yourself :-)

Jim
    I don't have any experience with this stuff so would rather someone else did the hard work :)

Anyone know a source? I believe all the sites mentioned in this thread only have the strap with polished hardware.

Master
    Blog Entries
    No. 439 arrived in Bath this week. It's mostly great, but is it normal for the bezel to feel & sound pretty rough when you turn it? It also seems better on some parts of the circuit than others. Comparing it to my Baltic Shield which is as smooth as silk, I'm just a bit worried that it's damaging it by turning it. That said, it does seem to be improving somewhat with time. Or maybe I'm just getting used to it?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by trident-7 View Post
    No. 439 arrived in Bath this week. It's mostly great, but is it normal for the bezel to feel & sound pretty rough when you turn it? It also seems better on some parts of the circuit than others. Comparing it to my Baltic Shield which is as smooth as silk, I'm just a bit worried that it's damaging it by turning it. That said, it does seem to be improving somewhat with time. Or maybe I'm just getting used to it?
    The bezel action on these is well known for being really solid, mine certainly is, what do you mean when you say it feels and sounds rough?

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmyt View Post
    The bezel action on these is well known for being really solid, mine certainly is, what do you mean when you say it feels and sounds rough?
    It sounds & feels like metal grating against metal, like there's some rough edges that are being ground down. There's the normal clicks I'd expect but with an undertone of grating, but not all the way around. From about the 3 o'clock to 1 o'clock it sounds better & to my mind a bit easier to turn as well. Also from 12 o'clock to 8 o'clock there's a bit of spring back between clicks, but not for the rest of the circuit. If everything felt uniform all the way around I'd think maybe it was normal. That's what bothers me the most. Having said all that, it was worse when I first got the watch. Now I've turned it quite a bit, it has sounded & felt better than originally. Ironically, it's the fact that it doesn't sound & feel nice that is making me turn it more.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by trident-7 View Post
    It sounds & feels like metal grating against metal, like there's some rough edges that are being ground down. There's the normal clicks I'd expect but with an undertone of grating, but not all the way around. From about the 3 o'clock to 1 o'clock it sounds better & to my mind a bit easier to turn as well. Also from 12 o'clock to 8 o'clock there's a bit of spring back between clicks, but not for the rest of the circuit. If everything felt uniform all the way around I'd think maybe it was normal. That's what bothers me the most. Having said all that, it was worse when I first got the watch. Now I've turned it quite a bit, it has sounded & felt better than originally. Ironically, it's the fact that it doesn't sound & feel nice that is making me turn it more.
    That doesn't sound right to me, did you buy it new direct from Eddie? If so maybe worth giving hm a shout to see what he says

Master
    Blog Entries
    Yes, got it from Eddie this week. I guess I've got 2 years to see if it wears in. Or don't turn it

I'm thinking of getting one .. Hope you get your bezel action sorted !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    This watch grows on me - love the vintage lume especially -

Trying it on one of eddies deluxe bond natos

And if anyone fancies a bit of colour (summer watch) it doesnt look bad on a OM either

Journeyman
    I recently picked up a PRS-82, and still trying it on different straps. I got Eddie's nylon on the deployant, which looks great with the watch as everyone has said, and the nylon is super quality. My only issue is with the clasp - it really digs into my wrist, and its edges are nice and sharp (not poorly machined, just not rounded). Has anyone else had this issue? Any workaround short of getting a different clasp? I love the look and convenience of a deployant, would like to make it work.

Journeyman
    I found fitting the strap the other way around, meant that the deployant didn't dig into my wrist as much and made for a better fit. Felt a bit weird at first with the keeper on the inside of the wrist, but I soon got used to it. Might work for you.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Yellow Jim View Post
    I found fitting the strap the other way around, meant that the deployant didn't dig into my wrist as much and made for a better fit. Felt a bit weird at first with the keeper on the inside of the wrist, but I soon got used to it. Might work for you.
    I'll give that a shot - the strap for the Cocktail Time already comes reversed so as long as it's comfortable I'll be able to work with it. Thanks!

A bit of summer colour no problems with the deployant digging in but I am Mr Skinny Wrists!

Hello

That looks superb.

How comfortable is it?

Regards,

Ben

QUOTE=Montybaber;3985575]Trying it on one of eddies deluxe bond natos

[/QUOTE]

Quote Originally Posted by burnside View Post
    That looks superb.

How comfortable is it?

Regards,

Ben

QUOTE=Montybaber;3985575]Trying it on one of eddies deluxe bond natos

[/QUOTE]

Very nice and comfortable, my first RAF nato and I like it very much

I have been wearing my '82 for the first time in a while over the last couple of weeks... and I really marvel at the quality. The blue tint on the AR really adds to the overall effect too and its always been a feature I've loved.

One thing that I have wondered is if people turn their nose up at the watch because of the vintage lume effect - personally I still like it on the watch, but generally I have gone off it a bit recently. It depends on how it is handled, I think its not so great on my Steinhart, but looks good on the LLD - but that is paint not lume.

So it can be an in and out effect, making me wonder how an edition of the PRS82 would do if it had conventional lume colour (like it would have when issued). What are your thoughts? I'd be happy to own both personally...

As normal, with my 'what if' posts, it calls for a mock up!

and for the hell of it the original!

Quote Originally Posted by OliverCD View Post
    I have been wearing my '82 for the first time in a while over the last couple of weeks... and I really marvel at the quality. The blue tint on the AR really adds to the overall effect too and its always been a feature I've loved.

One thing that I have wondered is if people turn their nose up at the watch because of the vintage lume effect - personally I still like it on the watch, but generally I have gone off it a bit recently. It depends on how it is handled, I think its not so great on my Steinhart, but looks good on the LLD - but that is paint not lume.

So it can be an in and out effect, making me wonder how an edition of the PRS82 would do if it had conventional lume colour (like it would have when issued). What are your thoughts? I'd be happy to own both personally...

I much prefer your mock up.

I prefer lume to be less artificially vintaged than on the 82.

I think its absolutely fine how it is

I think its absolutely fine how it is
    I agree there's nothing "wrong" with it. Personal preference is all it comes down to, and I'm probably in the minority, but the only thing that stopped me from buying one a while ago was the lume.

If Eddie ever did one that looked like the mock-up above, I'd have to find the money.

Journeyman
    The vintage lume was one of the main reasons I gravitated to the PRS-82 in the first place - makes it different without doing anything to make it flashy. Also makes it wear really well on a lot of different color straps than a diver normally would. I see no reason to change it!

The lume isn't as much of a problem in my book as the 'johhny todger' handset
    Good luck everybody. Have a good one.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by seikopath View Post
    I had to Google what that means! In person it doesn't really look like ...that... nearly as much as in pictures.

Quote Originally Posted by seikopath View Post
    "Johnny Todger"?????

Which Biggles book are you living in??

Jim

Back on a Zeno oyster :

Quote Originally Posted by OliverCD View Post

First post! woooooo!

Your mockup there is a worthy alteration IMO. Where do I throw money at it? To respond to your thought, the vintage lume is a bit of a sticking point of sorts for me. Not overly a deal-breaker, but I definitely prefer the normal lume you have mocked up there.

On a somewhat unrelated sidenote - the trigger finger is itching to pull on one of these (the PRS-82 ticks so many boxes for me). How does one go about ordering one? I hit the add to cart on website and get redirected to another page? Is this normal? What am I missing here?

Sorry if that sort of question is out of line - Pleasure to meet you all, any response greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by Jimmymanabouttown; 26th June 2016 at 04:05.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmymanabouttown View Post
    First post! woooooo!

Your mockup there is a worthy alteration IMO. Where do I throw money at it? To respond to your thought, the vintage lume is a bit of a sticking point of sorts for me. Not overly a deal-breaker, but I definitely prefer the normal lume you have mocked up there.

On a somewhat unrelated sidenote - the trigger finger is itching to pull on one of these (the PRS-82 ticks so many boxes for me). How does one go about ordering one? I hit the add to cart on website and get redirected to another page? Is this normal? What am I missing here?

Sorry if that sort of question is out of line - Pleasure to meet you all, any response greatly appreciated.
    Try again on Tuesday morning, the 82 is well worth buying its a great piece

Try again on Tuesday morning, the 82 is well worth buying its a great piece
    Thanks - will do. I know it was written right there on the page, guess I just had to double check. Does that mean the cart unlocks during a certain time period? Better set that alarm!

I suppose this was inevitable.... :

Thanks for the speedy delivery, Eddie!

Jim

Nice one Jim what are your thoughts?

An original one sold for £4700 today, yikes.
    Last edited by lewismark; 2nd July 2016 at 15:33.

Nice one Jim what are your thoughts?
    Surprisingly thick and substantial. I assumed wrongly that it would be as floppy as one of Eddie’s NATOs but the double thickness and stitching makes it surprisingly stiff. Having said that, though, it didn’t take long for it to conform to a curve and stay that way

The deployant is a joy – very well engineered and I don’t think I’ve come across a bead blasted one before, and although you can’t see much of the finish with it closed it really fits well with the brushed finish of the PRS-82

The colour is spot on – just a little bit different from a Khaki NATO but still quite “tool” to the eye

All in all a great strap, and in Coyote Brown a fantastic compliment to the watch

Apprentice
    I've had mine for about 6 months now and still really impressed, think this one is a keeper

Today it is on a MKS sand nato with brushed hardware that matches the case nicely

Ok about to pull the trigger on this beauty (I keep missing shop times - first the close for update then the xerox malfunction haha) - I have one last, nagging question!

How does this watch wear size-wise? I have 7.5" wrists and am wondering if it may be just a touch on the small side. Does the asymmetrical case enlarge its presence/compensate for this? I am so used to wearing 42mm watches I am wondering if the 40mm will be noticeable.

Any owners here have similar wrists? How does it wear for you? Got a piccie or 2? Thank guys and sorry for the bother!!!