closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast

Thread: Precista PRS-82 - owner first impressions, photos and straps etc

Thanks OliverCD.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by beechcustom View Post
    How does the 82 wear compared to the PRS-18? I have 7 inch wrists and wouldn't want to go too much larger than the 18. Thanks.
    My wrists are only 6.25" and it fits me really well, so you'll have no issues at 7".

Thanks for the welcome, workahol and barryw, and your thoughts on the 6105 as we;l, darwin! I agree to an extent about the 6105, but original ones in great condition are not to easy to come by. I do wonder about their availability in the coming years and the price fluctuations at times. More great pics of the 82. The 18 is also very nice.

The one thing that puts me off about it are the hands, but every time I look at it I anticipate owning one soon and it really does look great.

Anyway, I shan't comment any more about the 6105 on this thread... I want both damnit! :)

On Olive Horween from Worn & Wound.

Quote Originally Posted by Bodo View Post
    Thanks for the welcome, workahol and barryw, and your thoughts on the 6105 as we;l, darwin! I agree to an extent about the 6105, but original ones in great condition are not to easy to come by. I do wonder about their availability in the coming years and the price fluctuations at times. More great pics of the 82. The 18 is also very nice.

The one thing that puts me off about it are the hands, but every time I look at it I anticipate owning one soon and it really does look great.

Anyway, I shan't comment any more about the 6105 on this thread... I want both damnit! :)
    For the cost of a good 6105 you could have a PRS-82 and a PRS-68, with money left over for some straps and a pint or two.
    IMHO the PRS-68 has all the charms of a 6105, but with modern enhancements.
    Sure, it's not got the history, but as an ownership proposition it makes more sense.
    It's not got Seiko on the dial, but I like that!

Hmm Wexford, I see your point, I will eventually get the 82 or at least an 18 before too long. Probably when I've sorted my 6105s out and sold my 6309 on top.

The 68 is lovely looking but the appeal of the original had been with me for a while now. In my early teens in the 90s Apocalypse Now was such a big influence and subsequently got me into The Doors in a big way. Songs like Orange County Suite, Hyacinth House, Five to One and When The Music's over and so on. Since looking into it more with a colleague who really sparked an interest in watches where I'd always liked the idea of wearing one again, I researched what watch Sheen wore and it then just became a bit of a grail watch for me.

I blame my Dad I think who instilled an appreciation for anything vintage or original of sorts as he has a love for classic cars and other old bits and pieces, from grandfather clocks to foden metal lorries... With that in mind I wouldn't buy the 68 unless I had the Seiko first, then it wouldn't make much sense to do so. It also made me respect the name a lot more just for that single reason, which may well be silly! Musically speaking I've always tried to find what influenced what and who and then find myself going further back to the origins of what inspired artists who then inspired me. I guess all this made me try my best to get the original piece.

Timefactors watches are lovely and I bought a prs-5 via another forum member here and subsequently sold it on to him. When the timefactors site opens up to let me buy some natos for the 6105, I'll start considering becoming a new owner of the 82 by the time I sell my spare 6105.

I just want more spare money damnit! ☺
    Last edited by Bodo; 16th February 2015 at 03:12.

Stunned how much I like this. Forth Timefactors watch and by far my fave

The colour of the lume v dot v hands doesn't bother me at all in fact I like the eccentricity

Spectacular watch

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Linos View Post
    No snakes were hurt during the taking of these pictures

Quick iPhone pics, new DB10 vintage

I'm a huge fan of the Chronissimo , bulks up the lugs, turns a 20mm strap into a 24 and sits beautifully under the lugs

The PRS82 is a perfect match imo

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

Master
    That looks great on that strap Ralphy, who's strap is that as it's the perfect colour?
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by barryw View Post
    That looks great on that strap Ralphy, who's strap is that as it's the perfect colour?
    Thanks.
    Well, I thought it was one of Eddie’s but on checking it isn’t. I’ll do a bit of head-scratching and see if I can come up with the source.

I tried a selection of straps on the trip:

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

Nice strap selection to choose from there ralphy and you always manage to take the greatest pics to show any watch off to its absolute best. Keep up the good work!!!!.

Master
    Ralphy great photos, it looks the business on the Bond.
    Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by barryw View Post
    Ralphy great photos, it looks the business on the Bond.
    Cheers.
    Although the green is now the regular strap, I’ve worn it on the Bond the most.

R

I've wanted one of these since new but every time I tried to buy one they were either sold out or the Timefactors site wasn't taking orders (probably over a weekend).
    Anyway I picked one up from SC with a a David Boettcher leather Nato G10 MKII vintage strap which I think really suits it...

I picked up one of Eddie's Speedbird NATOs for my Maratac Mid-Pilot but it turns out it actually looks pretty stonking on the 82!

Master
    I wear mine on the Speedbird strap as it's one of the best combination's I've found, really brings out the hue of the dial.
    Nice shots.

Journeyman
    Got mine last week, good looker (as established in this thread), size is perfect and looks great on almost any strap.

Movement disappointing so far (being used to cosc certified watches). Loosing between 20 and 30s per day. Too early for a service / adjustment I assume or what do you guys think?

Quote Originally Posted by aph123 View Post
    Movement disappointing so far (being used to cosc certified watches). Loosing between 20 and 30s per day. Too early for a service / adjustment I assume or what do you guys think?
    That it isn't COSC certified? :)

Not sure what the specs are for this movement, but you may want to get it regulated if it's bothering you.

Mine runs much more accurately, but each watch is different.

Got mine last week, good looker (as established in this thread), size is perfect and looks great on almost any strap.

A few weeks on the wrist and things might balance out a bit. Mine was running within 3 secs per day when it first arrived. After a few months I noticed it had shot to around -20/30 per day, no idea when. I started wearing it daily again, paying attention to the timekeeping and after a few days it was running at a consistent -12 secs per day which gets the job done for me.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Uke1 View Post
    A few weeks on the wrist and things might balance out a bit. Mine was running within 3 secs per day when it first arrived. After a few months I noticed it had shot to around -20/30 per day, no idea when. I started wearing it daily again, paying attention to the timekeeping and after a few days it was running at a consistent -12 secs per day which gets the job done for me.
    Last edited by aph123; 9th December 2015 at 11:05.

Got a quote for £200 for a full service...
    Get another quote.

edit: is yours "one week old"? I don't know what a reasonable timekeeping/warranty threshold is but I'd drop Eddie a line if I were you. These are not cheap or low quality watches (as you seem to be implying) and should not need a full service after a week.
    Last edited by MakeColdplayHistory; 7th May 2015 at 07:24.

Quote Originally Posted by MakeColdplayHistory View Post
    These are not cheap or low quality watches (as you seem to be implying) and should not need a full service after a week.
    Exactly. Not every movement is perfect, and you appear to be one of the unlucky few. Eddie should be able to help you out.

Just got a Tropic for the PRS-82 as I thought it might look good on it.

^it does
    Gray

Mine was running about +20 secs a day pretty much from new I was lucky to get one of the first batch and I finally began to bug me last week so I had my first go at regulating and after about four adjustments it's now running +3 sec pd which is great, the watch gets the most wrist time of all my Eddies especially since I popped it on a black Toshi with neutral stitching just loving it.

Banned
    without doubt one of the nicest watches I own [or have owned] and at the price terrific value for money.

I mostly don't like deployants but this strap "2-PIECE NYLON WITH DEPLOYANT CLASP" of Eddies is something else.

It is also very quickly adjusted should you feel the need to loosen in the summer sun.

for myself the grey looks best as it kind of frames the dial [black was just to black].

I have the same strap in black on a Fortis B-42 and a Seiko solar chronograph, combinations also both look good, the strap is extremely practical as well.

IMG]http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q36/johnnyrep/TZ-UK%20WATCHES/P1060725_zps22ptcklq.jpg[/IMG]

Last edited by soapy; 26th November 2015 at 14:00.

Apprentice
    Stunning combination, I'll have to get such a strap for my 82 as well :)

Quote Originally Posted by Linos View Post
    !8,5 cm.
    That Python? strap works really well.

Last edited by Jarett; 28th December 2015 at 19:57.

Craftsman
    I've tried mine on a kinds of straps from handmade brown leather to a wjean mesh. On Christmas Eve I switched for the very first time to the navy NATO which came with it, and it just transforms the watch. I've not had anything else on my wrist since. Nothing else has even had a sniff!

I just can't believe it took me so long to try it on the blue NATO!

Just been looking at some old photos for a 'blog about Roger Smith and found this:

When PRS met Dr D by Noodlefish, on Flickr

Ideal for winter games: D

On the wrist ... :D

I've got a PRS-82 homage -
    [IMG][/IMG]

^^^^^ nice looks very tidy. I bet you must be pleased with that rare 'homage'

Master
    Does anyone know when this might be in stock at Time Factors or where else I could buy one?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by lewismark View Post
    [IMG][/IMG]
    I take it that's the original?

Shows what a good jobs been done on the 82

Master
    Blog Entries
    i think thats the first issued one I have seen

Quote Originally Posted by soapy View Post

Yes this is an issued one, was a total piece of luck bagging this although it hardly ever gets worn.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by soapy View Post

Last edited by lewismark; 8th January 2016 at 16:08.

I've got a PRS-82 homage
    Nice, very nice :)

Flying high:

R
    Last edited by ralphy; 8th January 2016 at 18:19.

Craftsman
    Thanks for posting that

I've got round to taking a photo of my PRS-82 on the Coyote Brown two piece nylon with deployant. This strap was made for the PRS-82 IMHO.

Prs82

I have taken it off the rubber it came on to put it on a recently acquired Hirsch Robby with orange stitching.

Absolutely superb. I don't think it will be coming off this for quite some time.

Regards

Ben

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by nibby View Post
    I've got round to taking a photo of my PRS-82 on the Coyote Brown two piece nylon with deployant. This strap was made for the PRS-82 IMHO.

Really nice combo 🏻

Had a weekend away at my favourite beach, possibly the best beach in NSW, if not Australia.
    The perfect environment for such a watch...

And after a very speedy delivery from our host (cheers Eddie), treated the old girl to a new bezel insert and a new coyote brown NATO, now she really is the mutt's nuts
    Last edited by nickyboyo; 4th February 2016 at 00:36.