closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: CWC Royal Navy diver

Master
    Does the sbs black version have fixed bars too ?

Yes it does

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Flashharry View Post
    Yes it does

Thankyou.

Thankyou

I believe that £450-500 is not realistic, most sold items especially on Ebay are fake IE the engraving has been added later. Buyer beware.

Quote Originally Posted by The mad scientist View Post
    I believe that £450-500 is not realistic, most sold items especially on Ebay are fake IE the engraving has been added later. Buyer beware.
    No problem, show me one for less and I'll stand corrected. :) The two I've bought were from the MWR forum and elsewhere, not the 'bay.

I don't mean for less.... Genuine original issue watches especially SBS issue make considerably more. Four figures plus sometimes. A so called divers sold on eBay last week at the £500 mark and its engraving had been mysteriously erased !

Quote Originally Posted by The mad scientist View Post
    I don't mean for less.... Genuine original issue watches especially SBS issue make considerably more. Four figures plus sometimes. A so called divers sold on eBay last week at the £500 mark and its engraving had been mysteriously erased !
    Oh yes, I certainly agree with you there. As with anything on eBay and in fact life in general, you have to "buy the seller" first. Way too many scammers lurking about for the unwary to bid without putting in a lot of research up front.

Although I have gotten a few pieces from the 'bay, the majority of the nice pieces in my collection have come from private sellers on the MWR forum. Those guys have a wealth of knowledge on this stuff and the reputable sellers are pretty well known.

It's good to hear of your positive experience on this forum, as a new member this is just what I want to hear. Have you anything other than CWC ? I also collect Lemania single button chronograph watches, once again the prices have rocketed in recent history 2-3 K but not quite as much as the £66 K that was paid for a MILLSUB with provenance recently. It is becoming very important to keep up with the trend here,as with many nice things,people use these objects as a hedge against inflation and somewhere rock solid to put money where banks offer nothing much.

I've got a post showing my collection over on the TZ-UK military watch forum. (perhaps this thread ought to be moved there as well?) It's already out of date, though: I've since added a CWC chrono, a second RN diver, and a Hamilton 6B.

As an activity, it's more fun than stamp collecting since at least I can wear a watch out of the house! I don't view it as an investment, rather just an interesting thing to do. Having said that, if anyone cares to send me a Milsub for safekeeping I would be happy to take it off your hands...

My favourite of the moment my 5513
    The dial has all yellowed markers something that has been lost in the photo.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Just fitted a brown Jurgen to mine, only pictures can do this combination justice.

Master
    Great pics of the CWC. As an ex Royal Navy diver, who used to wear these on NATO's I just wish I could have one on a bracelet. I have had CWC diver in the past on NATOS etc but after a lifetime of wearing my watches on bracelets I have found nothing else compares. A truly iconic watch. Regards. Kev

A few more of a great watch. The Luminova in the most recent ones is excellent

Last edited by raysablade; 22nd March 2015 at 19:46.

Master
    Recently acquired. I do like this a lot.

Last edited by Si; 15th August 2015 at 18:23. Reason: Wrong photo

Prefer the PVD version myself. Less likely to glint in the sunlight when one is stalking TV clebs.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Si View Post
    Recently acquired. I do like this a lot.

Superb shot, can't stop thinking about these at the moment.

Banned
    I managed to get a satin version, I like both versions but fancied a change.

If this was my only watch it wouldn't be a bad thing.
    in fact its probably the most practical of all the divers watches I have owned.

the light is very bad so monochrome it is which suits it fine.

Grand Master
    Miss the ones I had!.

So need another......sell me one somebody.

The more I wear mine the more I like it

Like this quite a bit but always am struck by the rehaut/bezel insert ratio. Think either the insert should be a tad bit wider or rehaut less prominent.

My thoughts exactly Rajen.

Craftsman
    My two.

Does anyone know if CWC use chapter rings or is that part of the case? As I'd like the black chatper ring from the SBS onto the no date version.

I agree with others - I could live with thiss as my only watch

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Grandsire View Post
    My two.

Does anyone know if CWC use chapter rings or is that part of the case? As I'd like the black chatper ring from the SBS onto the no date version.

I agree with others - I could live with thiss as my only watch
    Great pair!

Skickat från min SM-G935F via Tapatalk

Yes, thats an interesting thread

Does no one know who actually makes them then?

Quote Originally Posted by Saxon007 View Post
    The luminova dial and hands glow really well on the circle T quartz model I have. The tritium SBS doesn't glow much, even when I bought it new in 2010 (it is marked 08 on the back). The tritium lume does look nice in the daylight though, a rather nice shade of creamy yellow that my photo doesn't really capture.

Long shot this given this post was 8 years ago, but can you remember what straps these are? Particularly the one on the SBS.

I have plenty of Phoenix straps but am trying to find something other than black/grey/green/bond.

Thanks

Craftsman
    Can’t help you with the SBS strap but the one on the RN looks a lot like one of Eddie’s tan NATO’s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by twhp101 View Post
    Long shot this given this post was 8 years ago, but can you remember what straps these are? Particularly the one on the SBS.

I have plenty of Phoenix straps but am trying to find something other than black/grey/green/bond.

Thanks
    The strap on the SBS is this one from Strapcode: https://www.strapcode.com/collection...to-dzz00-022bk

It has a "plastic-like" feel to it. It looks nice but I would not recommend it since I find it less than comfortable.

The strap on the stainless watch is this coyote brown one from our host: https://www.timefactors.com/collecti...rown-navy-blue

It is very comfortable, a fine strap.

Quote Originally Posted by Saxon007 View Post
    The strap on the SBS is this one from Strapcode: https://www.strapcode.com/collection...to-dzz00-022bk

It has a "plastic-like" feel to it. It looks nice but I would not recommend it since I find it less than comfortable.

The strap on the stainless watch is this coyote brown one from our host: https://www.timefactors.com/collecti...rown-navy-blue

It is very comfortable, a fine strap.
    Thanks for the reply, and the tips on comfort. I've just ordered one of Eddie's Coyote Brown straps, and will steer clear of the Strapcode.

These are where I'm at currently, with a couple of cheap Cousins straps (khaki and black/beige)

CWC ribbed are well worth a go

Master
    Thanks for the reply, and the tips on comfort. I've just ordered one of Eddie's Coyote Brown straps, and will steer clear of the Strapcode.
    It's a great strap, I have one for my 83, but how did you manage to order one?

Quote Originally Posted by acg View Post
    CWC ribbed are well worth a go

Thanks for the tip. I haven't tried one yet as they look a bit thick from the photos. Are they quite pliable and do they fit round the watch/wrist quite well?

They're single pass which is good, but I tried a 1.4mm seatbelt style which I found too thick and I'm concerned they'll be like that

Quote Originally Posted by gerrudd View Post
    It's a great strap, I have one for my 83, but how did you manage to order one?
    I managed to get an order in on Sunday past - just three straps, nothing fancy. Order placed at about 2.01:30, but the shop was open for nearly ten minutes another poster said so as long as you're not after one of the crazy hot items you should be good.

Master
    Well done! This is mine.

Quote Originally Posted by gerrudd View Post
    Well done! This is mine.

Yep, that coyote looks ace on the 83!

I find them very pliable and comfy. Decent price too

Thanks for the tip. I haven't tried one yet as they look a bit thick from the photos. Are they quite pliable and do they fit round the watch/wrist quite well?

They're single pass which is good, but I tried a 1.4mm seatbelt style which I found too thick and I'm concerned they'll be like that

I managed to get an order in on Sunday past - just three straps, nothing fancy. Order placed at about 2.01:30, but the shop was open for nearly ten minutes another poster said so as long as you're not after one of the crazy hot items you should be good.
    The overall limit may not have been met within ten minutes but don't forget the particular limit for each individual line being sold. We are told that the limit for straps has been set low given that the profit per item compared to a watch is much smaller. In other words it's not just 'hot items' that may sell out their allocation before the overall shop limit is hit.