closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Levi 751 Heads Up

Levi 751 Heads Up

Hi guys, just a heads up for some cheap Levi’s 751’s.

No idea if they are as good as they used to be, or if they even ever were, as I’ve never had any before.

Have never bought a pair of Levis before, have always just had cheap supermarket jobs as jeans are jeans and I’d rather spend the money elsewhere. But after many years I’ve finally had enough of the worsening fit and poor quality so decided to try a pair of Levis for a change.

Tried some on in Debenhams at the weekend and though 501’s didn’t fit me as I was in between sizes, the 751’s were spot on with the bonus of zip rather than button fly. Anyway, they were on sale at £50 which I didn’t think was disastrous, but thought I’d go home and see if google would get me them any cheaper, and it did.

Very and Itsme catalogues (same company) had them for £26 with free delivery to a your local corner shop, plus if you open a new account you get 10% off that, bargain eh.

Ordered 2 pairs Sat, arrived Yesterday. Perfect fit, well happy.

So went online this morning to order some more and the price has dropped even more, now down to £19.76, so with the 10% that works out at £17.78 a pair!!

Available colours are black, one wash (dark blue) and stone wash (normal jean colour).

Fill ya boots

http://www.isme.com/levis-751-mens-s...questid=554506

http://www.very.co.uk/levis-751-mens...questid=485846

Brighty

Banned
    Thats the cheapest Levis ive ever seen.

Blog Entries
    Cheers - I might make use of that!

Don't hang about, they're going quick. I spent so long dithering about whether or not to get another black pair as well as stonewash and onewash, that the stonewash in my size went out of stock and disapeared from my basket, arse. Oh well 2 more pairs of one wash on the way instead

Brighty
    Last edited by Brighty; 8th October 2013 at 10:24.

Master
    Just ordered a pair for £19.76 delivered to the local shop. Cheap enough for for him in doors to work on his motorbike in!

Cheers for the tip! I just ordered 2 pairs.! I prefer stud as opposed to zip fly......but for twenty quid a pair ? A BARGAIN! Thanks again!

Master
    I paid £65 for a pair for these in Debenhams, so thank you ever so much for tip, hence I only brought 1 pair. Just brought 2 pairs one back and one stone wash, to be honest at the price I am not going to quibble. Cheaper then when I first brought Levi's 18 years ago:-)

What colour is one wash? Dark blue/indigo? I've just ordered a pair anyway, thanks for the heads up

Quote Originally Posted by Cannop View Post
    What colour is one wash? Dark blue/indigo? I've just ordered a pair anyway, thanks for the heads up
    Yeah they're very dark blue, kind of smart jeans colour, stone wash is more your standard denim colour as per the pic on the website rather than really faded light blue

Brighty

Craftsman
    Ordered a pair, can't go wrong for £20.

Thanks!

Master
    +1
    And free delivery to some local convenience store.
    (and free returns if you don't like or they don't fit)

Thanks to OP for heads up.

Ordered! Good find. Thanks OP.

Great deal thanks.

Nice one! Ordered me some :)

Excellent - good work fella!

Craftsman
    Many thanks - ordered some 501`s and 751`s - £56 for the 2. I thought I did well when I got a pair of 501`s for £50 earlier in the year!

cheers for that, just ordered a pair, the corner shop pickup is ideal too!

Thanks OP - I ordered a pair too

Master
    Possibly a stupid question, but why can't they be delivered to your home, and how does the "corner shop" thing work?

I'm not sure why they won't deliver to your home, but I've collected several parcels from the local corner shop, ice found it a lot more convenient when working all day to pick it up there instead of finding another sorry we missed you card through the door. I guess the company pay less postage sending several items to one shop instead of to each individual house.

Quote Originally Posted by jaytip View Post
    Possibly a stupid question, but why can't they be delivered to your home, and how does the "corner shop" thing work?
    They do deliver to your home. It costs a few quid though. I ordered 2 pairs today, will be delivered to my house on Friday.

They will deliver to home but charge for it. Delivery us free if you opt for the 'collect+' option where its gets delivered to a collect+ shop of your choice, usually a corner shop, and you pick it up. I ordered Sat afternoon and it was there ready to collect Mon lunchtime.

Brighty

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by jaytip View Post
    they can be delivered to your home but you pay £3.95. Free delivery to the cornershop and they hold the package for up to 10 days.

Just ordered three pairs for £59 you can't go wrong.

regards

Saggs

Got to be a prize for the fastest 'free' delivery. Ordered yesterday afternoon. Just received an email that the jeans are already at my local corner shop. Result!!

Back up to £26 now, still cheap enough

Brighty

Craftsman
    Jeans just arrived at my house there, even though I had them sent free to a local shop. I'm going to call that decent service :D

Master
    Mine were delivered to my local store today. I will collect tomorrow as I was to lazy to go today.

Master
    Can't quite believe this all went so smoothly!
    Saw the heads up, went online, saw my size, ordered, paid less than twenty quid for pair genuine Levi's, delivered free this afternoon to a shop around the corner... and they fitted !
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by langtoft lad View Post
    Can't quite believe this all went so smoothly!
    Saw the heads up, went online, saw my size, ordered, paid less than twenty quid for pair genuine Levi's, delivered free this afternoon to a shop around the corner... and they fitted !
    Thanks.
    How is the waist size on these? True to size or did you have to size up?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Steve View Post
    How is the waist size on these? True to size or did you have to size up?
    I'd say true to size - I usually get Levi's 550 (they're a "relaxed" fit) so I was concerned that these might be a little 'snug', but I needn't have worried.

they are true to size on the waist for sure. Unfortunately, mine are going back as they are a little too baggy for my liking.

Quote Originally Posted by langtoft lad View Post
    I'd say true to size - I usually get Levi's 550 (they're a "relaxed" fit) so I was concerned that these might be a little 'snug', but I needn't have worried.
    Cheers, although the comment above about being "baggy" puts me off a little. As a skinny chap I prefer a more fitted jean. Still might be worth a punt for knocking around in I guess.

My 2 pairs just arrived. Being a short -arse! They will have to be cut....so Ive just chucked them in the washer for a few washes! Thanks for the heads up O.P.!

Nice one OP thanks for that!

I ordered a black pair direct from Levis for £65 on Monday that aren't even here yet but I'll back them now 'cos thanks to you I just got two pairs for £52!

Cheers again mate.....
    Last edited by spuds; 10th October 2013 at 21:56. Reason: Typo

Craftsman
    They are a really baggy cut, really not used to having so much leg room. I can't see myself wearing them much at the moment but I'm sure fashion will change again at some point :D

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by anton863 View Post
    They are a really baggy cut, really not used to having so much leg room. I can't see myself wearing them much at the moment but I'm sure fashion will change again at some point :D
    I need baggy I may get some

Craftsman
    If you are a 34 waist you can have mine :(

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by anton863 View Post
    If you are a 34 waist you can have mine :(
    how I wish that's a few years back in time

Thanks for this! Saved me quite a few quid!

Grand Master
    I get 501s brought back from the States every year and they cost me around £25........this offer seems almost as good!

Paul

Craftsman
    I collected the 2 pairs I ordered on the 8th today - Very happy with overall deal and many thanks for heads up

Craftsman
    A great heads up, got a couple of pairs ordered on Sunday and picked them up this morning.

For those who have washed them have they shrunk at all?

I ordered two pairs of 32s but they sent a 32 and 34 (despite the 34 apparently being out of stock in one wash). The 32 fit really well, but get a little tight once I fill the pockets. The 34s are not to bad around the waist with a belt, but are saggy round the back. I'm wondering whether to send the 34s back for the 32s as ordered or see if they will be better after a couple of washes, though couldn't send them back after that.

Quote Originally Posted by gamingdave View Post
    A great heads up, got a couple of pairs ordered on Sunday and picked them up this morning.

For those who have washed them have they shrunk at all?

I ordered two pairs of 32s but they sent a 32 and 34 (despite the 34 apparently being out of stock in one wash). The 32 fit really well, but get a little tight once I fill the pockets. The 34s are not to bad around the waist with a belt, but are saggy round the back. I'm wondering whether to send the 34s back for the 32s as ordered or see if they will be better after a couple of washes, though couldn't send them back after that.
    I have washed mine and now waiting to get the legs shortened! (Im not tall at all! and the size I wanted didn't have a short leg..............saying that, even with a short leg, I still have to get them taken up sometimes! lol!). Ive not tried them back on after having washed them...............They weren't a "small" size (I mean they were not tight! as some are) in the beginning.......so even if they have shrunk a little (which I doubt!) Im sure they will still fit fine! I find after wearing and washing a few times anyway, my Levis (in the past anyway!) always seem to fit me fine!

Banned
    you should turn them up the wild one style its all the rage.

best head's up ever mine are perfect.
    I need baggy as it pulls on my damaged knees otherwise, I like that style anyway [a bit 50s]
    I got a 36 instead of my normal 38" as they had run out but they fit well.
    time to buy another pair different colour if any left.

oh and picking up from a local shop is a great idea.

the length normally shrinks a little, the waist not so much, if anything they will loosen up a bit, I would be tempted to keep the 32s wash then a few times then have them shortened.

Levis

All gone, well in my size ;( .
    Last edited by MrPoseidon; 15th October 2013 at 18:50. Reason: correction of comment

Quote Originally Posted by MrPoseidon View Post
    All gone, well in my size ;( .
    Lots of out of stock sizes/colours now back in and still £26

Brighty

Mine came today, they fit really well (unusually for me) and I've ordered another two pairs now, same colour, same size. £26 each now though but still a bargain.

SWMBO bought me a similar pair from town just before xmas, £79!!