closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Does anyone trade on eToro?

Does anyone trade on eToro?

I read about this in the Sunday Times today and it looks interesting, does anyone have any experience?

https://openbook.etoro.com/rankings/

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

I read that Sunday Times article. Perm any one or more of these reasons to steer well clear:

1 Based in Cyprus
    2 based on CFDs and other derivatives (you don't seem to own the underlying stocks)
    3 the story highlighted the successful ones, but it's a bit like saying: "here's a few hundred people, and guess what, a few of them are lucky buggers"

It looked even more flaky than the new craze of crowdfunding, which I think is bound to end in tears.

"eToro is registered with the Financial Conduct Authority, so investments of up to £85,000 would be protected if the firm were to collapse".

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by swanbourne View Post
    "eToro is registered with the Financial Conduct Authority, so investments of up to £85,000 would be protected if the firm were to collapse".

Eddie
    I couldn't find that - but that would only hold for deposits held, anyway, not for trades or traded assets held would it ?

B

Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    I couldn't find that - but that would only hold for deposits held, anyway, not for trades or traded assets held would it ?

B
    I have absolutely no idea, which is why I asked the question.

Eddie

Master
    Thread resurrection.

Anyone on here trading or copying on eToro? Been on it a week and finding it quite interesting. Up 4% in 1 week. Which longterm compounded would be brilliant but likely not sustainable.

Be interesting to see what traders you've found to copy if you're having success.