closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Advise on a strap for Omega SMP Ti

Master

Advise on a strap for Omega SMP Ti

I want to try a leather strap on my ti omega smp (black face). Has anyone got any advise or pics

Hirsch Leonardo, it has curved ends and wears very comfortably with the Hirsch deployant. I got my blue one from Watch Obsession:

Quote Originally Posted by Aquavit View Post
    Hirsch Leonardo, it has curved ends and wears very comfortably with the Hirsch deployant. I got my blue one from Watch Obsession:...
    +1

I bought a rubber curved-end Hirsch from the same source for my 2264.50.00 black quartz and was very satisfied. So much so that I was considering the leather version, but then I obtained an Omega "calf black padded with holes" deployant that I am using with an OEM clasp I already had.

Is yours no on the bracelet? If it is, I'm a bit surprised you want to change it. I find stainless steel bracelets to be a bit on the heavy side, but titanium bracelets are OK.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by PickleB View Post
    +1

I bought a rubber curved-end Hirsch from the same source for my 2264.50.00 black quartz and was very satisfied. So much so that I was considering the leather version, but then I obtained an Omega "calf black padded with holes" deployant that I am using with an OEM clasp I already had.

Is yours no on the bracelet? If it is, I'm a bit surprised you want to change it. I find stainless steel bracelets to be a bit on the heavy side, but titanium bracelets are OK.
    The titanium is the perfect weight but the pin that holds the clasp closed has been playing up - most of the time it's fine but occasionally it pops out. I am going to get the watch serviced and STS want £300 for a new clasp (I want to get a leather strap till I can source just the problem part rather than a whole new clasp) it's such a great watch but I've not been wearing it much and want to start again.

I have tried many straps on my titanium SMP, it didn't come with a bracelet, and now I just can't seem to justify spending more to get a bracelet from Cousins or Offei than I actually paid for the watch, these Ti bracelets just seem to command silly money.

But IMHO nothing works better than a NATO on this particular watch, the weave of the nylon really brings out the waves on the dial, and the bead blasted hardware of Eddies NATO is a perfect match for the titanium case.....

Last edited by Meinessex; 5th October 2013 at 01:54.

Quote Originally Posted by brendano View Post
    The titanium is the perfect weight but the pin that holds the clasp closed has been playing up - most of the time it's fine but occasionally it pops out. I am going to get the watch serviced and STS want £300 for a new clasp (I want to get a leather strap till I can source just the problem part rather than a whole new clasp) it's such a great watch but I've not been wearing it much and want to start again.

Sounds like it may be the spring that's possibly worn loose, mine (non Ti) went the same way so I disassembled the clasp and squeezed it together with pliers and now it's fine! Or you can buy a new spring for only a few pounds.

Grand Master
    I like a blue leather on these.

The titanium is the perfect weight but the pin that holds the clasp closed has been playing up...
    That explains it! Hope it's sorted out OK and soon so you get back to wearing it. I'm in a similar position as mine needs a service and it's on the list of a member on here to get it back in proper order. In the mean time, a bit like you, I'm having fun with sorting out a strap combination that I like...but on my other watches.

Master
    that Hirsch's Leonardo looks like a winner - any more pics ?

There's some more ideas on this thread: SMP what next?

Master
    hi chaps - the hirsch - any idea if it will fit this buckle ?

http://www.watchobsession.co.uk/Tita...crew-in-Buckle

hi chaps - the hirsch - any idea if it will fit this buckle ?

http://www.watchobsession.co.uk/Tita...crew-in-Buckle
    Those are large buckles, so I doubt it.

Master
    Hirsch Leonardo, it has curved ends and wears very comfortably with the Hirsch deployant. I got my blue one from Watch Obsession:

hi mate

do you have any more pics of this combo ?

Master
    anyone got the aero strap by Hirsch (sharkskin)

Here's another one brendano, it's the only other shot I've got and unfortunately doesn't show you anything much different from the other:

Master
    Here's another one brendano, it's the only other shot I've got and unfortunately doesn't show you anything much different from the other:

thanks buddy

Craftsman
    Came across this pic when I was looking for a new strap for one of my watches - appears to be a Hirsch double ridge, if I remember correctly.

Try Omega black strap with normal buckle or Omega blue strap with diver depolyant clasp.

Master
    thanks. the omega OEM stuff runs a little Rich. especially when you compare what you can buy for the price of a strap and deployment clasp

Master
    anyone fit a gas gas bones to an SMP pro ?

- - - Updated - - -

anyone fit a gas gas bones to an SMP pro ?