timefactors watches

View Poll Results: Which of the 5 designs do you prefer?

Voters
305. You may not vote on this poll
  • 60mph dial with steel case

    124 40.66%
  • 60mph dial with PVD case a polished steel bezel

    89 29.18%
  • 120mph dial with steel case

    34 11.15%
  • 120mph dial with steel case and polished steel bezel

    41 13.44%
  • 120mph dial with steel case and polished steel bezel (alternate dial)

    17 5.57%
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
Results 301 to 314 of 314

Thread: Smiths speedometer inspired watch - POLL

  1. #301
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Tamworth, Staffordshire
    Posts
    156
    Quote Originally Posted by swanbourne View Post
    This appears to be just a design exercise but it's still a bit cheeky.

    https://www.behance.net/gallery/9373...adow-Timepiece

    Eddie
    Excuse the pun but not a shadow of your watch. Are there any legal implications for his use of the 'Smiths" name?

  2. #302
    Master snowman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Hampshire
    Posts
    7,593
    Quote Originally Posted by ajpac View Post
    Excuse the pun but not a shadow of your watch. Are there any legal implications for his use of the 'Smiths" name?

    The small movement positioned with spokes is an interesting idea.

    M.

  3. #303
    Quote Originally Posted by snowman View Post
    The small movement positioned with spokes is an interesting idea.

    M.
    Didn't an Australian chap do that with a Sopwith Camel engine-themed watch at SalonQP?

  4. #304
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Canada/Australia
    Posts
    168

    I'll buy that..

    Quote Originally Posted by swanbourne View Post


    Eddie
    Seriously liking this version very much Eddie

  5. #305
    60mph with steel case for me with a red second hand?

  6. #306
    Grand Master PickleB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    M25 J6 UK
    Posts
    10,256
    Quote Originally Posted by Timetotalk View Post
    60mph with steel case for me with a red second hand?
    Err...too late?

  7. #307
    Apprentice
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Greenwich, England
    Posts
    8

    Encouragement

    A really nice looking watch. I wish you every success with it

  8. #308
    Craftsman Tetlee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Somerset
    Posts
    770
    Think I've only seen a single pic of these out in the wild so far, thought there would have been tons of photos to admire by now.

    Anyone with some pics to share of this little cracker?

  9. #309
    Master OliverCD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    South West London
    Posts
    1,344
    Quote Originally Posted by Tetlee View Post
    Think I've only seen a single pic of these out in the wild so far, thought there would have been tons of photos to admire by now.

    Anyone with some pics to share of this little cracker?
    I was thinking the same thing the other day… I expected a few more to have appeared before now!!

  10. #310
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Bristol UK
    Posts
    892
    This is a really lovely and unusual design. Feels both more classy and more daring than a lot of new designs coming out from the big houses IMO...

  11. #311
    Master wildheart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Essex - Hopefully on a golf course!
    Posts
    6,508
    I'd love to see more pictures of this beauty? Any out there??

  12. #312
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Dublin, Ireland
    Posts
    56
    It's interesting seeing it compared to initial conceptions - the final design is great, really like it. Musing now what might I move on to create some space ...

  13. #313
    Quote Originally Posted by swanbourne View Post
    This appears to be just a design exercise but it's still a bit cheeky.

    https://www.behance.net/gallery/9373...adow-Timepiece

    Eddie
    Dated june 18th 2013?

  14. #314
    Administrator swanbourne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Sheffield, England
    Posts
    44,856
    Quote Originally Posted by SockToy View Post
    Dated june 18th 2013?
    It's using my trade mark.

    Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •