closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: The Westfield restoration - June 2015 update!

Craftsman
    I'm really considering a Westfield or Tiger etc.

Quote Originally Posted by magirus View Post
    Good to see some progress Ralph!

Edit. PS, forgot, did you decide on the colour?
    Final colour is still undetermined, Bob. Meanwhile, she's looking like the colour scheme of Noddy's car...

Two days of rain hampered progress somewhat, all that's been done has been more fiddling with the engine mount (I had to make another engine plate as the first attempt wasn't good enough upon reflection), fitting the original Monza petrol cap and cutting out the access for the exhaust manifold:

UPDATE: The project has now moved on, a fellow Westy owner has taken the car to use it as a track-only racer, specifically for hill-climbing events. I'd got a lot of experience and knowledge out of the project but once I'd got it from a complete basket case up to a running car I found my enthusiasm had wained over the bodywork needed to put it on the road.

The freed-up time will be put to good use though, after a European tour in my XKR I decide I want to do some restoration work on that and then there's the motorbikes to work on too... My thanks to everyone here who followed the thread and who lent support and advice.

R

R
    Last edited by ralphy; 15th March 2018 at 08:37.
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.