Master
    It looks gorgeous.

Any clues on pricing?
    And release date?

Quote Originally Posted by KJH View Post
    It looks gorgeous.

Any clues on pricing?
    And release date?
    If you've been around any length of time here, you'll know that Eddie never.hints at such things. It'll appear when it appears and the price will be revealed only then.

It clearly exists, so should be here in weeks, not months (it may even arrive as soon as the site reopens. Tuesday?), but I think price still remains a bit of a mystery.

Prior, even recent, history shows that a TF watch represents great value, but movement costs have escalated recently and Eddies choice means this is likely to be a lot more than the original Dreadnought.

M
    Breitling Cosmonaute 809 - What's not to like?

Quote Originally Posted by Schofie View Post
    Oooooh that's a bloody nice strap zap! Where is that beauty from?
    I thought that the DN is 22 lug size and this strap is a 24mm?
    I guess that I know who made the strap and the leather is from Ammo pouches:-)

Martin

Quote Originally Posted by mnielse View Post
    I thought that the DN is 22 lug size and this strap is a 24mm?
    I guess that I know who made the strap and the leather is from Ammo pouches:-)

Martin
    I am thinking that a tiny adjustment will allow a fit, I think it will look remarkable

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

Blog Entries
    ^^^ Very, very nice indeed.

But I can't help wondering: This Tuesday or next? :-)

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

Master
    Looking great, is it nearly here yet?? :-)

Eddie

Master
    Nice watches.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by swanbourne View Post

Eddie
    Both 000?

'Only' (I know it's a bit academic really) 300m WR? Wasn't the original 500m?

M.

Eddie, you have kept me no. 057 like you said, haven't you?

F.T.F.A.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by BigD View Post
    Both 000?
    Yes, likely both 000 and in Eddie's special reserve. The shot of DN and DNGMT is a cracker. Love the larger dial dimension on the GMT. This one is going to excite a lot of happy buyers.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by wildheart View Post

Despite for myself generally preferring only solid colour NATOs except for the traditional black/grey Bond striped, I think all three of the NATO/Zulus you picture the original DN on look like very good combinations, Wildheart, but I think the middle grey one with the orange(?) pinstripe looks to me almost like it could have been specifically designed for the new DN-GMT, and I also think it might look good on other divers, and other type watches, as well. Thanks for showing — I don’t think I’ve seen, or maybe just noticed, that colour grey/orange pinstripe NATO before

Quote Originally Posted by Rollon View Post
    Despite for myself generally preferring only solid colour NATOs except for the traditional black/grey Bond striped, I think all three of the NATO/Zulus you picture the original DN on look like very good combinations, Wildheart, but I think the middle grey one with the orange(?) pinstripe looks to me almost like it could have been specifically designed for the new DN-GMT, and I also think it might look good on other divers, and other type watches, as well. Thanks for showing — I don’t think I’ve seen, or maybe just noticed, that colour grey/orange pinstripe NATO before
    Top one is a Maratac the others are from Gnomon watches. The Maratac is the only one that can handle a heavy watch like the DN, the others have long flown the nest. Eddie's Rhino also does the job.

Master
    ^ Thanks for clarifying on that. I think the heaviest watches I've ever personally tried with NATOs (as opposed to Zulus) were full size Seiko SKX divers and they seemed O.K. with NATOs to me. However, the NATOs themselves were on the thick/heavy-duty side of that range and I know that the Seiko SKXs are lighter at the watch heads than the original DN, and even the new lighter DN-GMT I think as well.

I checked and the apparent head wieght of the original DN PRS-2 is 140g and the new DN-GMT PRS-21 "Voyager" is 125g. As such, and given your own experience with the heavier original DN, could you please say whether you think the 10% or so lighter weight of the Voyager would be enough of a difference for these to work O.K. with a decently thick NATO, or would you still recommend Zulus/Rhinos only for these also? Thanks

BTW, whether NATO or Zulu, I still think that grey w/orange-red center pinstripe colour has a neat look to it, especially in the context of the particular watch you show it on

Quote Originally Posted by Rollon View Post
    ^ Thanks for clarifying on that. I think the heaviest watches I've ever personally tried with NATOs (as opposed to Zulus) were full size Seiko SKX divers and they seemed O.K. with NATOs to me. However, the NATOs themselves were on the thick/heavy-duty side of that range and I know that the Seiko SKXs are lighter at the watch heads than the original DN, and even the new lighter DN-GMT I think as well.

I checked and the apparent head wieght of the original DN PRS-2 is 140g and the new DN-GMT PRS-21 "Voyager" is 125g. As such, and given your own experience with the heavier original DN, could you please say whether you think the 10% or so lighter weight of the Voyager would be enough of a difference for these to work O.K. with a decently thick NATO, or would you still recommend Zulus/Rhinos only for these also? Thanks

BTW, whether NATO or Zulu, I still think that grey w/orange-red center pinstripe colour has a neat look to it, especially in the context of the particular watch you show it on
    I suppose it comes down to personal choice. I use my DN she's no safe queen. I find I like to have security when I'm on boats in and out of the water etc. For every day use I wear the DN on a DB10 very soft 5mm leather. The bracelet on the DN is awesome but the watch weighs a tonne on it.
    All about preference. My wrist is near 8" well it was I've lost haf a stone recently so take a bit off that. I hope this helps?
    Last edited by wildheart; 22nd October 2013 at 11:23.

Go away, it's mine!

Eddie

Cracking good photograph Eddie.
    Best Regards - Peter

I'd hate to be with you when you're on your own.

Master
    Just saw that on Facebook, great photo

Haha great photo Eddie! T-minus..... until release?

Banned
    It looks ver special to me,a lot more dial.
    What was the inner steel ring for on the original,did it make it hold out to pressure or something?

Great photo Eddie

Journeyman
    Lovely watch. Unfortunately not the right time for me. I first have to flip my bronze watch !

Quote Originally Posted by wildheart View Post
    The bracelet on the DN is awesome but the watch weighs a tonne on it.
    Do you happen to know what the total weight is of the watch & bracelet? I'd be interested to see how it compares with my Breitling.

My personal view regards weight, is that I like to have a heavy watch on a similarly heavy bracelet so the weight is more even around the arm.

Quote Originally Posted by Gyp View Post
    Do you happen to know what the total weight is of the watch & bracelet? I'd be interested to see how it compares with my Breitling.

My personal view regards weight, is that I like to have a heavy watch on a similarly heavy bracelet so the weight is more even around the arm.

PRS-2 total weight is 265 g.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Jr View Post
    PRS-2 total weight is 265 g.
    Thanks. As soon as I get home, the avenger is going on the scales.

It'll be nice for something other than me to have to get on the scales in our house.

The DN GMT is 250gr with full-size bracelet and you remove 6gr for each link you remove. My wrist measures 8 - 8.25 inches depending on temperature and I had to remove five links.

Eddie

What a chunky monkey!

The watch, I mean. :-)

Im hoping this is due for sale imminently, Eddie has already listed a couple of new watches and this morning I passed up the chance of buying the PRS 82 as like many Im eagerly awaiting the sale of the first batch of voyager GMT`s!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

It cant be long now surly. Unless Eddie is teasing us as I seem to recall ive only ever seen 1 gmt in any pic that Eddie has released. So has Eddie only actually had one made for himself?????????

The DN GMT is 250gr with full-size bracelet and you remove 6gr for each link you remove. My wrist measures 8 - 8.25 inches depending on temperature and I had to remove five links.

Eddie
    Avenger Chrono sized to my wrist weighs in at 226, so the DN GMT is even more suited to wearing to a bar fight. Brilliant.

I love watches that let you know that you're wearing them. If the price is right, this might will be my first Timefactors watch.

Grand Master
    out of interest how man of these are there and is it fully subscribed yet?
    ktmog6uk
    marchingontogether!

Quote Originally Posted by ktmog6uk View Post
    Don't think there is a list, but if there is, I'm all ears

Quote Originally Posted by Gyp View Post
    Don't think there is a list, but if there is, I'm all ears
    No list :-)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ktmog6uk View Post
    Tuesday mornings 8am seems to be the way to do it.

Question for the experts. What would be the minimum wrist size to wear the Dreadnought?

Journeyman
    Who mentioned a list!?

Quote Originally Posted by cookiemonster View Post
    Question for the experts. What would be the minimum wrist size to wear the Dreadnought?
    The bracelet won't size smaller than 6.5 inches.

Eddie

After seeing this, I need to try and convince myself that I don't need a Dreadnought-GMT.
    (I know it won't work - gimmeee gimmeee gimmeee)

Also - the deep orange hands look great.
    Especially after all the debate about what shade might look best.
    The bleached hands would have looked very wrong.

Apprentice

Dreadnought Voyager

Really like this new model, especially the larger face. The plain inner bezel on the previous dreadnought didn't look good, in my opinion of course!

Master
    The bracelet won't size smaller than 6.5 inches.

Eddie

Would presumably look massive on a 6 1/2 inch wrist though?

That is beginning to make me wonder if this is for me.

I like the bigger dial (I never really noticed the inner bezel on the PRS-2, but the 22's better I think) and was really keen on getting one of these, but now I've measured my wrist (roughly, it's somewhere between 6.75" and 7") I'm wondering if I might end up looking like a wannabe Eminem...

M.

Quote Originally Posted by snowman View Post

I like the bigger dial (I never really noticed the inner bezel on the PRS-2, but the 22's better I think) and was really keen on getting one of these, but now I've measured my wrist (roughly, it's somewhere between 6.75" and 7") I'm wondering if I might end up looking like a wannabe Eminem...

M.
    I really wanted to try the DN GMT but unfortunately I can't handle its size :-( the watch ain't for the faint of heart, I'd say if you don't mind looking like a wannabe Eminem.. then go ahead, I wish you good luck. lol

One of those days I'm quite happy to be 6ft 4 and 18.5 Stone!

Martin

Quote Originally Posted by snowman View Post

M.
    Probably, but it will be something worth trying I think ;)

Quote Originally Posted by crazyp View Post
    Probably, but it will be something worth trying I think ;)
    You could be right....

I guess I'll have to make the decision when it goes on sale

M

While the lug-to-lug is a bit large the lugs are curved down and, at least to the specs,

PRS-2: Diameter = 44 mm, 15.6 mm thick and 54 mm lug tip to lug tip. Lug spacing is 22 mm. [From TF website]

PRS-21: Diameter = 42mm (without crown), Thickness 13mm (from front of glass to bottom of lug) or 9.2mm (from front of glass to caseback). 53.9mm lug tip to tip. Lug spacing 22mm. [From specs sheet]

So overall it seems a lot more wearable than the original Dreadnought, albeit the lug-to-lug is still rather large. I'm just hoping the fact the lugs appear to curve down a fair bit negates some of that. Or have I got something wrong? (please do correct if that's the case).

I'd be interested to know the weight of the PRS-21 watch-head-only without bracelet. By comparison the PRS-2 is listed at 140 grammes.
    Last edited by occamsrazor; 23rd October 2013 at 15:39.

Master
    ^ Hi OR. According to EwanW's new quick preview, the new DN-GMT is about 125g at the watch head (and you can count on him being right as to that). In case you missed it, you can read Ewan's nearby thread, and also directly access his preliminary review of the PRS-21 "Voyager" here > http://watcharama.com/dreadnought-vo...s-21-imminent/

I know no pricing for this will be released until the watch is, but can someone remind me what the price of the original PRS-2 was so I can determine the "ballpark" figure of the PRS-21.

TIA