closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Mondaine strap ... in brown?

Mondaine strap ... in brown?

I like my Mondaine Night Vision for many reasons. I also like its strap which is light, shaped (ie tapered in its thickness), lined and functional. Nothing too special, but they only make them in black and red. And, maybe...if you can find one, white.

I'd like a brown strap for my watch. Can anyone recommend one, please? It's 20 mm lug width, plain, parallel (not tapered), and not a "chunky" design as I see a lot of members put on their divers.

Any suggestions, please?

In case you don't recognise the model...

Picture borrowed, with thanks, from Mondaine link used above.

Try this:

Hadley-Roma Oil-Tanned Watch Band MS780 Dark Brown Water Resistant 16mm 20mm

:-)

Quote Originally Posted by NenoS View Post
    Thanks for the suggestions. As you say, there are some nice straps on their site. Unfortunately, they don't appear to have a 20/20 in smooth leather - which is what I'm after. I'd even have a stiched strap like one they make for Panerai: link.

I've put them into my favorites for future reference. Thanks again...
    Last edited by PickleB; 19th September 2013 at 17:03.

Quote Originally Posted by Tam View Post
    Would the 'classic calf' be any good: http://www.watchworx.co.uk/pages/lwb/classics.html
    Thanks for the suggestion, but it's not quite what I'm after as that one tapers down to the buckle and I'd like to stick with the Mondaine 'look' as far as possible.

Picture borrowed, with thanks, from WatchUSeek

I think I've found one!

I think I've found what I want; the Hirsch Scandic. It's calf leather and available in brown (link) and many other colours.

Thanks for your suggestions.

Quote Originally Posted by PickleB View Post
    I think I've found what I want; the Hirsch Scandic. It's calf leather and available in brown (link) and many other colours.

Thanks for your suggestions.
    Did you end up fitting the strap? I'm also tempted with one and would love to see how it looks!

Quote Originally Posted by ped View Post
    Did you end up fitting the strap? I'm also tempted with one and would love to see how it looks!
    Yes I did...and it's stayed on my Night Vision Mondaine. IMO, it makes it looks a more casual, ie less B&W. I don't have any photos at the moment, but they're on my agenda. It's looks are a good match for the OEM strap, but it is slightly more lightweight (IMO).

Just make sure you get brown (colour 10) rather than taupe (colour 12) that is sometimes sold as light brown (unless that's what you prefer). Watch Obsession now list both colours.