closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Heads up - Rolex Oyster Perpetual

Master

Heads up - Rolex Oyster Perpetual

Had a bit of a wander around Chester this afternoon, though didn't buy anything watch-related... However I was sorely tempted by a Rolex Oyster Perpetual with silver dial. This was in the pre-owned section of a jewellers, but still had the stickers on the bracelet and was apparently unworn. It dates from 2010 and was bought and then returned as an unwanted gift, apparently. Why they kept it for 3 years before returning it is beyond me.

It feels real quality with the updated bracelet and wore larger than I expected 36mm might do, but the all-silver look didn't work for me. However if someone wants an as-new Oyster Perpetual for £2475 (over £1100 off list) then head over to Pyke's!

Ant

It's this one:

Not my cup unfortunately, but thanks for the heads up!

Craftsman
    Lovely..., if it was black...

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Henk Hoving View Post
    Lovely..., if it was black...
    If it was black I might have had it myself!

Ant

Black DJ for me too.

My dad bought a two tone DJ in '97 and kept it unworn for around 13 years until he traded it in for a GMTc in 2010.

Nice price! You'd be good having a wander over to Chester anyway. There's a load of pre owned jewelers and if you're feeling up to it, Boodles have quite a bit of Patek in the window!

Thats a great deal

Chester is a stunning town and well worth a visit for its uniqueness and to see the sights. For shopping there is a Mappin & webb ,David Robinson, another jeweller for its name ,a Hugo Boss and a Gieves & Hawkesall the shopping a man needs

I like that a lot Ant, go and buy it!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by minkle View Post
    I like that a lot Ant, go and buy it!
    No doubt it'll be gone soon, it seemed a conspicuous bargain to me. I tried the blue and silver version in the morning and was really pleasantly surprised how I liked it. Wore bigger than the specs suggest and it could seriously be a toss up between one of these or the Skyfall 38.5mm Aqua Terra. They wear about the same size on the wrist, but not sure if the Oyster hands are a bit thin looking...

Ant

Isn't that effectively an Air King without the name? I find the new Rolex line-up a bit confusing - they are pretty small by current standard aren't they?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by RobDad View Post
    Isn't that effectively an Air King without the name? I find the new Rolex line-up a bit confusing - they are pretty small by current standard aren't they?
    I get confused too, but I think the Air King is 34mm and this is 36mm. Saying that the case has been updated with thicker lugs so it wears larger than, say, a 36mm Explorer for sure. To me it wore similarly to the mid size Omega Aqua Terra so the specs can be misleading. It has an updated bracelet and modern clasp but I'm not sure the Air King has changed at all.

Ant

Quote Originally Posted by frp422 View Post
    If it was black I might have had it myself!

Ant
    But wouldn't that just be a 36mm EXP-I?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by rob-vicar View Post
    Not really...

Different dial
    Different hands
    Different case (larger lugs, same overall case width)
    Different bracelet (solid links, no flip lock clasp)

I've not checked movement refs, but it's quite a different watch. Below is a picture of the black version

Ant

Or

Though there is an Explorer-lite version with pink lume! (Not a version I'd be interested in lol)

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by rob-vicar View Post
    Sort of - but with nicer hands and lumed 3, 6, 9 - maybe that's why you can't buy it in this configuration ( unless you like PINK indexes! ).