closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Royal Mail tracking , is it shagged ?

Life is like a fridge , you only get out what you put in !
    Blog Entries

Royal Mail tracking , is it shagged ?

Chaps
    Was sent a watch two weeks ago from TZ member RMSD, checked tracking ref on morning of day of arrival..' No information available , try later '? ( watch landed before 1.pm )

Posted one today to fellow member ( about 10.00 am ) just checked site ' no information available , try later , !

Have they just pulled the plug on tracking and are taking the piss , or do I have bad luck with tracking ?

Anyone else noticed anomalies with RM tracking of late ?

Ian

Grand Master
    Dont think they care now its up for sale
    RIAC

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewcregan View Post
    Hey that one works !! ?

Yes, I had an awkward moment when a Rolex Explorer II sent RMSD didn't arrive at the buyers house when it should. I checked the tracking etc and it had no info- proper panic mode kicked in as I thought they'd lost a 3k watch! I ended up calling customer service (who were predictably rude and unhelpful) but managed to track the watch down. It turned up a day late so I went to the PO to get a refund for the RMSD cost (out of principle more than anything), and was given some bleedin form to fill in and post to them. I'm still waiting for the refund and this was over a month ago :(

Useless

Quote Originally Posted by Chartman69 View Post
    Hey that one works !! ?
    It is the only one I use, and gives loads of detailed info

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewcregan View Post
    It is the only one I use, and gives loads of detailed info
    Thanks !

Master
    In my case they failed to card the first delivery last Friday, then I re-arranged for today and they failed to deliver or card again (we were in all day: I have printed off the website details and emails showing the re-arranged delivery).

So, I have arranged again to deliver to our local post office on Saturday for the insulting sum of £1.50. I'll tell them where to stuff the fee - our postmaster is a bit of a character and I'm sure he'll help.

This isn't for a watch, but it is a print that's worth a couple of thou.

I suspect they may be quietly falling apart - on the basis of this and a series of other cock-ups I don't recommend their shares as a very sound investment (regardless of the predictable adulatory cr@p spouted by Gorgeous George over the past 24h).

I thought the £1.50 fee was a mistake, as last time I used that service it was 50p,(just used the service that one time because of the £1.50 funny thing was they forgot to charge me the £1.50 anyway lol) I don't understand how they come up with these fees, they will deliver free to your own address or a different one (excluded RMSD I think) in the same post code area, but charge £1.50 to leave it at the post office! seems they prefer to deliver to umpteen different addresses free of charge rather than do one drop at the post office with a load of parcels?
    Last edited by jegger; 12th September 2013 at 22:34.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by drmarkf View Post
    I suspect they may be quietly falling apart - on the basis of this and a series of other cock-ups I don't recommend their shares as a very sound investment (regardless of the predictable adulatory cr@p spouted by Gorgeous George over the past 24h).
    Gorgeous George is as gormless as that other clown that was in the same seat, before elbowing his way to the big chair, whereupon he became the most vapid, doltish, pointless PM ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Thom4711 View Post
    Yes, I had an awkward moment when a Rolex Explorer II sent RMSD didn't arrive at the buyers house when it should. I checked the tracking etc and it had no info- proper panic mode kicked in as I thought they'd lost a 3k watch! I ended up calling customer service (who were predictably rude and unhelpful) but managed to track the watch down. It turned up a day late so I went to the PO to get a refund for the RMSD cost (out of principle more than anything), and was given some bleedin form to fill in and post to them. I'm still waiting for the refund and this was over a month ago :(

Useless
    Perhaps the form is lost in the post? Did you send it RMSD?!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by PJ S View Post
    Gorgeous George is as gormless as that other clown that was in the same seat, before elbowing his way to the big chair, whereupon he became the most vapid, doltish, pointless PM ever.
    Do you think he has ideas to follow him?

Quote Originally Posted by Chartman69 View Post
    Chaps
    Was sent a watch two weeks ago from TZ member RMSD, checked tracking ref on morning of day of arrival..' No information available , try later '? ( watch landed before 1.pm )

Posted one today to fellow member ( about 10.00 am ) just checked site ' no information available , try later , !

Have they just pulled the plug on tracking and are taking the piss , or do I have bad luck with tracking ?

Anyone else noticed anomalies with RM tracking of late ?

Ian
    the tracking information does work on the website , you check it at say 10am and it says "no information available , try later , !" , check it 5 mins later and it has the information, then check it 5 mins after that and its says no information available , try later , ! , its just a little temperamental , but does work when its in the mood to , if you have tracking information just keep trying and eventually it will give you some information ( unless the item really is lost )

i would add also to make sure your insurance is adequate , standard insurance for special is £500 , pay the extra few quid and up this where necessary to £1000 and £2500 if the item requires it

Master

Is there an alternative to RMSD?

Given this thread, what alternatives exist to Royal Mail Special Delivery?

Grand Master
    I`ve sent and received approx. 70 watches over the past 18months using RMSD and I`ve had no problems whatsoever. Just a shame that it's become rather expensive.

Paul

Master
    The tracking info will not appear on the website until the day of arrival... It doesn't get updated as soon as you've sent the watch.

The more helpful RMSD tracking site is...

http://www.royalmail.com/trackdetails

I have not had a problem with any signed for but they will not appear on the website until the postie has had his pda downloaded back in the delivery office.

I am in the stix at the moment and I know my postie struggles to get to me before 1pm so I don't mind if he signs for me and delivers when he gets to me otherwise he has to do a detour to get it to me for 1pm.

A couple of times I have gone out to find him like the time my PRS-30 was coming... I couldn't wait!

Quote Originally Posted by Ian_O View Post

Perhaps the form is lost in the post? Did you send it RMSD?!
    Haha! I did get a letter saying they have received the claim and they are investigating. This 'investigation' involves looking at the tracking number and looking at the date delivered and date when it SHOULD have been delivered, so not overly tricky. My annoyance was more that I couldn't get my money back in the PO and had to jump through all these hoops- the process is optimised for money saving, not customer service (shock)