closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Hello, and Screwdrivers

Master

Hello, and Screwdrivers

Hi guys,

This is my first post here as a new member, so firstly hello. I live in Cheshire and am a very keen road cyclist, so road cycling + watches = 2 expensive interests. I've shamefully only just discovered Eddie's watches and I'm so eager to own some that I've sold a Rolex Datejust (I wasn't enjoying wearing it anyway) so that I can get the PRS-30, PRS-68 and will be waiting for the Dreadnought Voyager. I'll be ordering the 30 and 68 this week and that leads me to my question, which is where I can get decent screwdrivers to remove links and change bracelets/straps? I could do with ordering them tomorrow so I've got them when my watches arrive so no pressure

Once again hello, looking forward to some clean (mostly) banter and learning more about watches.

Cheers
    Mark

Quote Originally Posted by Schofie View Post
    Hi guys,

This is my first post here as a new member, so firstly hello. I live in Cheshire and am a very keen road cyclist, so road cycling + watches = 2 expensive interests. I've shamefully only just discovered Eddie's watches and I'm so eager to own some that I've sold a Rolex Datejust (I wasn't enjoying wearing it anyway) so that I can get the PRS-30, PRS-68 and will be waiting for the Dreadnought Voyager. I'll be ordering the 30 and 68 this week and that leads me to my question, which is where I can get decent screwdrivers to remove links and change bracelets/straps? I could do with ordering them tomorrow so I've got them when my watches arrive so no pressure

Once again hello, looking forward to some clean (mostly) banter and learning more about watches.

Cheers
    Mark
    Can't help with the question but, welcome aboard man!

I'm buying here. They have superb service
    http://www.watch-tool.de/html/screwdriver.php
    Maybe You can find something closer to You.
    Welcome aboard
    Last edited by NenoS; 8th September 2013 at 22:32.

Banned
    Welcome, you sound like you'll fit right in.

As for screwdrivers http://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.ph...t=screwdrivers

Apprentice
    For a great quality budget set try the french screwdrivers from Gleaves http://www.gleaveandco.com/french-sc...ooden-box.html if you visit london they have a shop in clerkenwell. Do not buy screwdrivers from china/india, these are generally a waste of time. They are often listed on eBay etc with no mention of where they are from, the blades snap easily which risks damaging the watch you are working on. If you fancy spending more, any bergeon (available on ebay and from various other sources) or horotec set. These are superior quality and should last a long time. Bergeon do an extra small 0.50mm screwdriver which can be useful, not found in many other sets. Remember, use your precious screwdrivers for screws, NOT for cutting sellotape, opening case backs, making holes in straps etc etc...

Master
    Thanks guys. I've ordered a set from watchtool.co.uk, just a fairly cheap Anchor set which I believe are from India. They're only for changing straps so should be fine.

I've sold a Rolex Datejust (I wasn't enjoying wearing it anyway) so that I can get the PRS-30, PRS-68 and will be waiting for the Dreadnought Voyager.
    Now thats something we don't get to hear very often! Welcome aboard Mark.
    Good luck everybody. Have a good one.

Master
    If you are only changing straps then you'll be needing a spring bar tool and not screwdrivers - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bergeon-67...item2565063d8e

And welcome to the forum

Master
    Cheers Dynam. I'll be using the screwdrivers to adjust bracelets as well so they'll get used but will get the spring bar tool as well. Thanks for the feedback.

Seikopath, if you knew me you'd know how random some of my life choices can be!

Welcome aboard.

Master
    Welcome to the forum; your taste in watches is first rate!

Thanks guys. I've ordered a set from watchtool.co.uk, just a fairly cheap Anchor set which I believe are from India. They're only for changing straps so should be fine.
    Some cheap screwdrivers can have the tip too thick, although the width is OKt. Therefore, beware that it fit easily into the screw hole, and not force anything. The sharpening tool can be used to adjust the tip of the screwdriver, but be aware not to overdo it. Bergeon spring bar tool with replaceable tips is excellent, can even be used as a screwdriver.
    Last edited by NenoS; 10th September 2013 at 10:54.

Master
    Thanks for the tip Neno.

Spring bar tool not yet ordered, however.....

PRS-30 and Speedbird 3 ordered this morning

Was gonna order the PRS-68 along with the 30 but a last-minute change of heart meant I went for the Speedy. Now awaiting the Dreadnought.

Master
    Sorry to revive this one folks. Looking at the burgeon spring bar tools there is a standard and a fine. Which one would be best to get? Will be mainly using on the prs-30 and speedbird.

Cheers

Master
    Welcome to the mad merry go round , load of cyclists on the forum as well.