closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Beaverbrooks closing down??

Beaverbrooks closing down??

Visited Cardiff today, felt a bit like a child in a candy shops in St David's shopping centre as there are quite a few watch shops in there, however, there was a que outside Beaverbrooks which stretched around the corner and it become clear the shop was closing down. According to the ad in the window ALL watches and jewellery were 50% off the marked price. They were letting 2 people in at a time and there were a lot of watches flying out.

So are they closing all branches or just this store, little confused why they wouldn't just ship all the tasty stuff to the other stores rather than letting it all go for half price?

Anyone get a bargain today?

Ps....watches of Switzerland in there, I reverted to a foetal state, curled up in to a small ball and started sucking my thumb.

FFF

Banned
    Blog Entries
    They did ship out anything worth having The Tat left in the shop for the closing down sale wouldn't have been a bargain if they had given it away for free.

WOS Cardiff however is possibly the best branch in UK

Quote Originally Posted by java View Post
    They did ship out anything worth having The Tat left in the shop for the closing down sale wouldn't have been a bargain if they had given it away for free.

WOS Cardiff however is possibly the best branch in UK
    There wasn't any Tat in the window when I looked in there, there was still a full tray of Carreras in there but I didn't know if it extended to them.

WOS in Cardiff is fantastic, their display of Breitlings is spectacular!
    Last edited by Franky Four Fingers; 8th September 2013 at 22:43.

interesting, not seen anything in our local branch up here.
    would have been worth a look, 50% off retail is still pretty good but as longs as its not just the tat as others have said already.

Hmmmmm and my daughter wanted me to take her shopping in Cardiff today! 2 ways to look at it! Either I saved myself some money by not buying a watch? OR! I lost money! by not picking up a good reduction!

There was a number of TAG's from the past 5 years, curious marked pre-owned.

I believe the 50% did apply, but i think the RRPs were also slightly inflated (or at least the current models). I sort of fancied an aquaracer for about £800, but could not bear to wait in line for the experience.

Quote Originally Posted by carryondentist View Post
    There was a number of TAG's from the past 5 years, curious marked pre-owned.

I believe the 50% did apply, but i think the RRPs were also slightly inflated (or at least the current models). I sort of fancied an aquaracer for about £800, but could not bear to wait in line for the experience.
    We walked past and got to the other end, had a Costa and made our way back, I noticed a chap still only half way through the que who was at the back originally...like you I really wanted to take a look but couldn't be arsed to stand and que for 2 hrs.

Master
    They better hasn't be closing!! They've got something of mine. Hmmm.

What would they do with people that have taken watches on finance? Expect them all to pay a lump sum? Is is why I don't understand getting a watch on the never never (finance). If you want it, earn, save and buy cash!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Declan View Post
    What would they do with people that have taken watches on finance? Expect them all to pay a lump sum? Is is why I don't understand getting a watch on the never never (finance). If you want it, earn, save and buy cash!
    Its probably with an external finance company so it wouldn't change anything.

Quote Originally Posted by W44NNE View Post
    They better hasn't be closing!! They've got something of mine. Hmmm.
    Well after a bit of googling it appears they are moving sites to further in the city, I just found it a bit strange that they would sell off all the stock and simply not move it to the new store....perhaps it's just a way of getting rid of all the old shyte, p/exes and returns from other branches. Fairly glad I didn't join the masses now.

Most of these companies go with 3rd party finance provider, take the profit on the watch and a small payment for flogging the finance and leave the rest for the finance company. I've always thought a genuine interest free finance package a good idea tbh.....moneys better in your bank!!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Franky Four Fingers View Post
    Well after a bit of googling it appears they are moving sites to further in the city, I just found it a bit strange that they would sell off all the stock and simply not move it to the new store....perhaps it's just a way of getting rid of all the old shyte, p/exes and returns from other branches. Fairly glad I didn't join the masses now.
    Yeah, you'll find the good stock in the new branch. Nothing new here - clearing the chaff and making it look like a bargain.

Quote Originally Posted by W44NNE View Post
    Its probably with an external finance company so it wouldn't change anything.

Didn't think of that, thinking about it you're almost certainly right mate.

Craftsman
    When I had a watch on finance from Beaverbrooks it was with Hitachi Capital, as I remember.