closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Light the blue touch paper...empirical evidence that Rolex is more popular than Seiko

Light the blue touch paper...empirical evidence that Rolex is more popular than Seiko

I thought I would spend a few minutes of my Friday evening conducting a piece of empirical research into that thorny old topic of Rolex vs Seiko. Many a thread has been posted on this topic with no conclusive evidence presented to support a persuave answer. And so, I decided to flick though the "Friday" thread today and analyse the Rolex:Seiko post ratio....

It was a close run thing, but the result (as at 23.14 hrs this evening) is Rolex 26 vs Seiko 22. Conclusive proof, I think, that Rolex is indeed more popular than Seiko. I rest my case.

Master
    Ah, but you forgot that the Chorlton rule applies on a Friday, which means that the number of Seiko watches is multiplied by 1.3 (or 1.4897 in the case of any Grand Seiko).

Ho Ho Ho!

And Citizen is more popular than either of them! They sell more watches than any other manufacturer in the whole wide world.

Mitch

Craftsman
    Could it be that in the "Friday" thread more Rolex owners will take the trouble to post than Seiko owners?

Sorry I don't know the answer!!!!!!! But it may or may not be a factor.

That's nice...

M
    Breitling Cosmonaute 809 - What's not to like?

Good god, will it ever stop!!

Craftsman
    Could it be that Rolex owners are more likely to post on a Friday eve because they can't afford to go out, due to spending all their money on over priced watches?

Quote Originally Posted by mav66 View Post
    Could it be that Rolex owners are more likely to post on a Friday eve because they can't afford to go out, due to spending all their money on over priced watches?

No wouldn't of thought so.

Master
    Rolex wearers are 67% more likely to post on a Saturday, after getting home from their round of golf.

The exception to this is Sea Dweller owners, who are 38% more likely to post on Sunday afternoon, after getting back from their BSAC club's dive in a dark quarry looking for crustaceans.