closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Waving?

Waving?

Christmas is fast approaching and as usual we'll be visiting and be visited by various relatives. So, with this in mind I've started thinking about what watch to wear when 'seeing them off'.

Would an automatic (or even a manual wind) be affected by vigorous waving or should I best pop upstairs and change to a quartz for these formalities?

Edit:- Just realized I'm right-handed so shouldn't affect watch - info might be useful for others though!
    Last edited by Kingstepper; 6th September 2013 at 21:27.

Master
    Waving is fine. Just don't play Wii golf...

Master
    Blog Entries
    It only matters if the watch costs more than £13k.

Craftsman
    I would recommend changing into a G-shock when waving, you don't want to take any unnecessary risks.

Misread 'waving'.....
    Last edited by Chris_in_the_UK; 6th September 2013 at 21:56. Reason: Blind from too much waving....
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Master
    One should also consider the following, surely?

1. How long will one be waving? 1, 2 or 3 hours at a time?

2. How much energy will one be expending whilst waving: Lame wristed, slightly vigorous, or totally mental.

3. Does one expect to be waving every day for above mentioned intervals and ferocity?

4. Will one be resting between waving sessions? Maybe changing hands on a rotation basis to avoid the onset of stress related illness?

5. If all else fails perhaps one should cease wearing any watches at all during the Festive Waving Season just for peace of mind..

Craftsman
    This is nonsense, you can wave with either hand, there are no rules of waving or maybe I am just ignorant.

I would not raise your arm with watch above your head, just not worth the risk.

But this has got me thinkng about the rules regarding Nazi salutes for which arm and which arm you should be wearing your watch on if you were in the 3rd Reich.

What sort of watch does the Queen wear? You'd be safe with one of those, I'd have though.

Craftsman
    What about ex footballer Mike Channon? What sort of damage could he do to his watch if he into one of his windmill celebrations whilst wearing it?

Time for Rolex to come up with a gaudy looking Wavemaster for the professional waver.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloobird View Post
    What sort of watch does the Queen wear? You'd be safe with one of those, I'd have though.
    That's why she's perfected the 'Royal wave'.