closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: maybe the quickest, definitely the dirtiest...SOTC

maybe the quickest, definitely the dirtiest...SOTC

just been sorting out my watch drawer & thought i may as well do my first SOTC. my watch collection started within the year. i already had the mondaine & the timex before, the timex being a present when i was a lot younger & the mondaine was my watch for meals out. the first one to enter my collection was, typically, the forum darling black monster, got it from creationwatches & as much as i liked it knew it wouldn't be my only purchase inspired by this forum

apologies for the poor picture...

the 2 g shocks are the riseman & spike lee. my old man's an electrician & i help him out a fair bit in between studies, what better watch to wear? virtually indestructible despite me dropping hammers & all sorts on it (i'm not the master tradesman he is...!). the spike lee one was a purchase from SC when i was pretty new to it all. he's a massive hero of mine & as soon as i found out he had a signature watch knew i'd buy it eventually. luckily it's different enough from the riseman so i don't feel like they're too similar to keep both

the vostok was also a purchase from here & my first encounter with the dreader vostok bracelet originally wore it on a black zulu but have recently put it on that rubber strap that came with my oris & think it'll stay on that for the foreseeable future. every now and again i think it might be a little too similar to the monster to keep them both but then i wear it for a day or so & decide it's worth it. cursed! that brings me on to the oris, maybe my most interesting one here. off the top of my head i couldn't even tell you the model number, but do know it has omega hands. i like it. bought it on SC & is definitely a keeper. it came with the rubber strap that's on the vostok & it really transforms it. i've been wearing it on leather when in an office but on the rubber it looks great as a casual everyday watch. also is my only watch with a display back which is nice

the smiths everest is my newest purchase, had it waiting for me brand new from eddie when i got back from business in spain. worn it most days since, not fair to say it's my favourite cos i love them all but it's definitely getting the most attention nowadays !

being honest i'm very happy with it right now. the one i really want to add is a moonwatch but that might take a while. i know it's a very modest collection but once i get a moonwatch in there & a dozen more straps (of course..) i think i'd be very content with it. how many people have said that & then had a totally different collection later on i wonder bizarrely i've just realised none of the watches in that picture are on a NATO/zulu, strange as i tend to wear the monster/vostok & everest on a combination of black, grey & black and grey nato's/zulu's. the oris only ever swaps between the leather & the rubber & i currently have the everest on a timefactors black canvas which i think suits it very well

so yeah, not the rarest or most expensive collection but i like them all. saw them all sitting there on my desk & thought i've probably got enough to justify a SOTC now, cheers for reading !

Good for you. I haven't the courage to do the same. Wish I had stuck to 1 G-Shock.

Master
    Good work!

A little bit of love for Mondaine from me.. really fancy one of their watches at some point :)

Master
    Great collection, loving the BM and the G's.

Mine say hi...

http://i1300.photobucket.com/albums/...sb4075dab.jpeg