closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Incoming - My first Rolex - GMT II c

Craftsman

Red face Incoming - My first Rolex - GMT II c

IMG_6500.jpgIMG_6511.jpgHi Guys,
    So, after months of research, forum scouring and some good old fashion saving, I have finally invested in my first Rolex.
    Even though i had tried it on in a number of ADs and knew what I was getting myself in for it has still surpassed all of my expectations.
    The watch is just perfect and I am extremely impressed with the look, feel, style and quality.
    The clasp is exceptional (I particularly like the easy release function) and just setting the time with the Triplock crown is an indicator of how amazing the engineering is behind this watch.
    I had a slight concern previously over the PCLs but to be honest, I think it is a wonderful differentiator.
    The jewel in the crown, however, is the ceramic bezel. Black in some lights and a gun metal grey in others, I think it is super cool.
    Thanks so much to Enoch (from whom I purchased the watch). He is a complete gentleman and was fantastic throughout the whole transaction.
    I am really looking forward to enjoying this watch over the coming months/years!

Last edited by Highroller; 25th August 2013 at 12:25. Reason: Updating Photos

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Highroller View Post
    Hi Guys,
    So, after months of research, forum scouring and some good old fashion saving, I have finally invested in my first Rolex.
    Even though i had tried it on in a number of ADs and knew what I was getting myself in for it has still surpassed all of my expectations.
    The watch is just perfect and I am extremely impressed with the look, feel, style and quality.
    The clasp is exceptional (I particularly like the easy release function) and just setting the time with the Triplock crown is an indicator of how amazing the engineering is behind this watch.
    I had a slight concern previously over the PCLs but to be honest, I think it is a wonderful differentiator.
    The jewel in the crown, however, is the ceramic bezel. Black in some lights and a gun metal grey in others, I think it is super cool.
    Thanks so much to Enoch (from whom I purchased the watch). He is a complete gentleman and was fantastic throughout the whole transaction.
    I am really looking forward to enjoying this watch over the coming months/years!

Very nice, looks much like the CW C60 Trident that I have.

Banned
    Congrats to your new purchare, you will not go wrong with the GMT IIC
    Quote Originally Posted by Highroller View Post
    Hi Guys,

I love my GMT2c and to me it is the perfect watch... I love it!

PS....why are you two above quoting the OP?^^^^^^^

Craftsman
    Beautiful watch - always good to see another "rightie" as well

THE Rolex to buy in my opinion had mine 2.5yrs and is never likely to leave.

Congrats! Stunning! Wear it in good health!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Neiltheeducator View Post
    Beautiful watch - always good to see another "rightie" as well
    He's a lefty........that pic is taken in a mirror....:)

Craftsman
    Congratulations - lovely Rolex.

Wear and enjoy.

Master
    I just sold my GMT IIc - it is a great watch, and was my first ROlex, but for me it was a bit too "bling" (and I realised dont like dark dial watches), so have moved over to the new Explorer II. Much happier with it, but as I said, the GMT IIc is the classic Rolex sports watch so for most folk, you cant really go wrong. Really well built.

Craftsman
    Thanks for all your comments! After such a long wait and from looking at all options I am really pleased with my choice.

Here is an attempt to post a photo that doesn't just appear as a link!

Congrats, looks really good on you.

And I agree, yes it's the perfect Sports watch.

Nice.

The GMTIIc was my first Rolex and one I'll never sell. It is, IMO, perfect.

Master
    Congrats, will be my next Rolex I think.

Good choice

Thats a good choice and also happens to be my favourite Rolex

Banned
    The GMTC II is one of my fav in my collection if you get fed up with the bracelet look have a look at the Rubber B they look great on the wrist.

enjoy.

Journeyman
    Sweet, and congratulations! Looking forward to the same thing happening to me!

Nice watch, I remember getting my first Rolex

congrats, a beautiful watch, I'm sure you'll continue to remain delighted with it

Quote Originally Posted by paul9619 View Post
    Very nice, looks much like the CW C60 Trident that I have.
    I think that might be the other way round actually !!