closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 24 of 32 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,200 of 1575

Thread: What Brogues are you wearing then? These anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by luckywatch View Post
    Your Special Discount Code to be used against in stock items listed at RRP is SHBF20[/url]
    What discount does SHBF20 give? I'd rather not put all my info into the order form to find out. Thanks, JD

Quote Originally Posted by jammie*dodger View Post
    What discount does SHBF20 give? I'd rather not put all my info into the order form to find out. Thanks, JD
    Twenty usually means twenty
    Good luck everybody. Have a good one.

Quote Originally Posted by seikopath View Post
    Lol.....!
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    For those interested AFPOS have 20% off across the board.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ben4watches View Post
    For those interested AFPOS have 20% off across the board.
    It's actually 25% this year.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by china View Post
    It's actually 25% this year.
    Even better ok

Quote Originally Posted by jammie*dodger View Post

Quote Originally Posted by seikopath View Post
    Now we know its 20% but it could have been £20.....

Thanks.

Where is the field for the discount code in Shoe Healer ?

Cant see anywhere all of the cart/checkout steps go through to PayPal without an "Enter code" field being visible

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by P9MES View Post
    Where is the field for the discount code in Shoe Healer ?

Cant see anywhere all of the cart/checkout steps go through to PayPal without an "Enter code" field being visible

Mike
    Give them a ring or email, they are nice people.

Tricker's black Friday

Starting NOW until midnight Monday there will be 20% off everything on the Tricker's Outlet.

No coupon needed, your discount will be added at the checkout.

Master

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Devil is in the detail... Trickers supplied a choice of laces with my latest pair of boots.

Quote Originally Posted by steptoe View Post
    The Devil is in the detail... Trickers supplied a choice of laces with my latest pair of boots.
    Just because you can doesn't mean that you should.
    In the Sotadic Zone, apparently.

Master

What colour are the boots?

Journeyman

What Brogues are you wearing then? These anyone?

Q for those who own the brogues mentioned in the many posts.
    I have seen one NZ post state (correctly) that shoes bought in NZ are generally pretty average.
    I want to buy some Barkers and have delivered here but am concerned re some posts stating that they are normally a certain size but then when tried shoe on, they left with a completely different size!!!
    Postage back to UK is not cheap and I really want to avoid VAT as tax will be payable when the shoes arrive here.
    Anyone have any advice re particular brands running true to size??
    Thankyou.
    PS...I still love my RM Williams Chelsea boots....but they are not brogues!!!!

DrDunk I find that Loake are true to size. I’m at eight in every brand and style of footwear and every pair of Loake I’ve had in an eight have been fine. It’s the width you need to watch, if you have wide feet go for a model that comes in a G fit.

Journeyman

What Brogues are you wearing then? These anyone?

Thankyou....interestingly Loake cannot be shipped here....we are seeing more and more companies restrict export from the UK....
    There are a few Loake stockists but all on the North Island....
    Appreciate the advice though. Heading back in May for a holiday so may leave until then and try and get my VAT back at the airport. Shame seeing as I want to buy them NOW!!!

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Try Herrings for Loake

https://www.herringshoes.co.uk/loake

Great firm to deal with and great customer service with worldwide shipping.

Also they will have some great reductions come January.

Quote Originally Posted by DrDunc View Post
    Thankyou....interestingly Loake cannot be shipped here....we are seeing more and more companies restrict export from the UK....
    There are a few Loake stockists but all on the North Island....
    Appreciate the advice though. Heading back in May for a holiday so may leave until then and try and get my VAT back at the airport. Shame seeing as I want to buy them NOW!!!

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by ben4watches View Post
    Try Herrings for Loake

https://www.herringshoes.co.uk/loake

Great firm to deal with and great customer service with worldwide shipping.

Also they will have some great reductions come January.
    Thankyou....I read on several shop delivery info pages that Loake were not able to be exported via those stores. Same as Ted Baker via John Lewis....but can get via House of Fraser online...makes no sense to me. Thanks for the link......used to live in Devon before I moved here...but only ever went to Kingsbridge once!!

Any of you guys ever tried J FitzPatrick’s stuff? I’ve considering picking up a pair of formal shoes from him in the new year. Similar kind of pricing to Trickers.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by DrDunc View Post
    Thankyou....I read on several shop delivery info pages that Loake were not able to be exported via those stores. Same as Ted Baker via John Lewis....but can get via House of Fraser online...makes no sense to me. Thanks for the link......used to live in Devon before I moved here...but only ever went to Kingsbridge once!!
    I'm happy to buy and ship whatever you need (at cost). You might have to trust me on upfront payment though!

Quite a few UK shops often have discounts (Herring, Pediwear, CWMenswear).

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by paule23 View Post
    I'm happy to buy and ship whatever you need (at cost). You might have to trust me on upfront payment though!

Quite a few UK shops often have discounts (Herring, Pediwear, CWMenswear).
    Thankyou for the offer....still have family in UK so can generally get what I need. Sadly, the new NZ government are keen to close the current loophole regarding tax threshold and basically have EVERYTHING purchased overseas taxed at source....Wiggle used to offer a 20% discount instantly.....now they don't and stuff can even be slightly MORE expensive if having shipped here....

Got these out of the box today...

Anyone else fill their Boots at the Grenson sample sale on friday/saturday.

Last edited by steptoe; 4th December 2017 at 14:27.

^ Too many dodgy Russians there I hear, I gave it a miss :) ^

Master
    Looks like you cleaned up - show us what you got then!!!!!!!!

Anyone else fill their Boots at the Grenson sample sale on friday/saturday.

Just received a rather nice pair of Barker Calvay in cherry from Fields Menswear. Paid less than a third of the list price, which was nice!

https://www.barker-shoes.co.uk/calvay/
    ______

​Jim.

Just adding the following to the herd!!!

Loake Errington (bought last year), Tricker Stow 1001's, Church's Chetwynd.

I have more shoes and boots than the better half!!!

Quote Originally Posted by tobybolton View Post
    Hi Guys,

For anyone that's interested there's a new discount code out for Spoke (https://spoke-london.com/). The Chinos are amazing quality- I've had a few friends that highly rate them.
    Code: FITWIN13
    How do they compare to my Loake Heston? Do they come in an F fitting as I've found that the best fit for me?

Quote Originally Posted by tobybolton View Post
    Hi Guys,

For anyone that's interested there's a new discount code out for Spoke (https://spoke-london.com/). The Chinos are amazing quality- I've had a few friends that highly rate them.
    Code: FITWIN13

How long have you worked for Spoke?
    Although no trees were harmed during the creation of this post, a large number of electrons were greatly inconvenienced.

Master
    Where can I buy a decent pair of brogues with either a rubber or dainite sole? Ideally I don't want to pay over £100.

Quote Originally Posted by MrBanks View Post
    Where can I buy a decent pair of brogues with either a rubber or dainite sole? Ideally I don't want to pay over £100.
    Best advice is to trawl eBay for unworn English-made shoes from private sellers or charity shops. I’ve picked up some incredible bargains that way. More often than not leather soles and as a matter of course I then get rubber half soles and heels added. Lately I’ve been using a very good cobbler in Ilkley Yorkshire who will stitch on Dainite, Vibram or Topy half soles through the welt so it’s a proper job. If you’re lucky you’ll end up with something really good for not much more than £100.

Alternatively look on Cherry Tree clothing website for Hobbs of Fife shoes- they list a tan leather brogue with commando sole for around £130. I have a pair and they are very solid.

Craftsman
    I have bought a couple of pairs of Trickers this year and I have been made up with them, but was in an M&S outlet earlier and I picked up a nice looking pair of burgundy brogues with a rubber sole, which will see me through the rest of the winter for work. Grand total £29.50!!

These are the ones I was referring to - I have a pair and am pretty impressed with them. http://www.cherrytreecountryclothing...e-rubber-sole/

Crikey that’s a big discount! I have a pair of these, bought when they were priced £159 for one pair with second pair half price.

They aren’t bad but in my opinion the finish isn’t as good as other cheaper benchmade English shoes, eg Loake 1880, Barker, Grenson etc. I found the leather very dry when they arrived and they benefited from some Renovateur and creme treatment. Incidentally while the soles have a Dainite style pattern they aren’t actually branded Dainite.

I have several pairs of shoes from Hoggs and these are the ones that have impressed me least- still for 80 quid I don’t think you can go wrong.

A bargain for someone who is a size 8 in Grenson’s

https://www.collenandclare.com/man-c...SABEgLVxfD_BwE

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by draftsmann View Post
    Crikey that’s a big discount! I have a pair of these, bought when they were priced £159 for one pair with second pair half price.

They aren’t bad but in my opinion the finish isn’t as good as other cheaper benchmade English shoes, eg Loake 1880, Barker, Grenson etc. I found the leather very dry when they arrived and they benefited from some Renovateur and creme treatment. Incidentally while the soles have a Dainite style pattern they aren’t actually branded Dainite.

I have several pairs of shoes from Hoggs and these are the ones that have impressed me least- still for 80 quid I don’t think you can go wrong.
    Last week they were £129.95 so I thought thats a deal

Master
    I love Grensons Archie brogues. My weakness is that I own three different colours of the same shoe, and will add another when the chestnut brown is on sale somewhere.

Sent from my [device_name] using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    I'm precisely the same ive got brown and black with the white rubber wedge sole and two pairs with traditional soles - Im just as bad with Freds and have three pairs of them as well - Love them

Quote Originally Posted by Robsmck View Post
    I love Grensons Archie brogues. My weakness is that I own three different colours of the same shoe, and will add another when the chestnut brown is on sale somewhere.

Sent from my [device_name] using TZ-UK mobile app

Best advice is to trawl eBay for unworn English-made shoes from private sellers or charity shops. I’ve picked up some incredible bargains that way. More often than not leather soles and as a matter of course I then get rubber half soles and heels added. Lately I’ve been using a very good cobbler in Ilkley Yorkshire who will stitch on Dainite, Vibram or Topy half soles through the welt so it’s a proper job. If you’re lucky you’ll end up with something really good for not much more than £100.

Alternatively look on Cherry Tree clothing website for Hobbs of Fife shoes- they list a tan leather brogue with commando sole for around £130. I have a pair and they are very solid.
    Sound advice. You can get some cracking deals on Ebay. I recentely myself sold a pair of Cheaneys on there. I've stopped buying English made shoes as I find them too heavy so Ive moved over to Italian made instead. Not as well made but much lighter.

Master
    Looks like the Trickers outlet has 20% discount available at the minute. No code required, valid until the 14th Feb I believe.

Arrived today, well pleased. Just gave them a coat of oil and fitted some trees...
    Fife have a sale on, check the link for country clothing.

https://www.fifecountry.co.uk/sale.html

Quote Originally Posted by Siberian Blue Eyes View Post
    ...so Ive moved over to Italian made instead. Not as well made but much lighter.
    Very thin soles too. I would be surprised if they lasted long in real use. Perfect for use in the office on carpets though. :-)

Arrived today, well pleased. Just gave them a coat of oil and fitted some trees...
    Fife have a sale on, check the link for country clothing.
    Like these... What's the fit like? I've had some real trouble working out my size in shoes recently, I've always been a 10 (or EU44) but have had to try 10, 9.5 and finally a 9 to find shoes that fit when ordering online and I dread placing an order now.

Quote Originally Posted by 200mwaterresistant View Post
    Like these... What's the fit like? I've had some real trouble working out my size in shoes recently, I've always been a 10 (or EU44) but have had to try 10, 9.5 and finally a 9 to find shoes that fit when ordering online and I dread placing an order now.
    Ordered my size and they are just right. Wearing them round the house at the moment to break then in. The box contains a self sealing bag complete with pre-paid return postage label if you are not happy like them.

Quote Originally Posted by 200mwaterresistant View Post
    I have a pair of these and a few others from Hoggs. I’m also size 10 and find they fit me fine.

Craftsman
    Just received this pair of Barker Grassington brogues from Amazon for an excellent price, first pair of quality shoes, they feel amazing, both quality and comfort wise.