closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 21 of 32 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,050 of 1575

Thread: What Brogues are you wearing then? These anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post
    doesn't Mike Ashley own Flannels now so we should expect a good sale.
    He (or Sport Direct Group) owns Cruise and Van Mildert too.

Quote Originally Posted by noTAGlove View Post
    He (or Sport Direct Group) owns Cruise and Van Mildert too.
    Yeah I thought that too. A while ago he was selling Red Wing Chukka boots out of Sports Direct for £149!

Good call indeed. If only those Church's boots were not binder leather!

Trickers outlet store

Up to 40% off, sign up...........................

http://trickersoutlet.com/mens.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by luckywatch View Post

I think Trickers may have replaced their Retrickers eBay shop with the above site .... I hope not as they used to auction some shoes rather than have a fixed price. I once picked up a pair of Trickers derby brogues for £83. No chance of that happening on the new site.
    Last edited by steptoe; 2nd February 2017 at 22:08.

^^^^^Hmmmph I thought so.....the eBay shop was always worth a nosey

Quote Originally Posted by steptoe View Post
    I think Trickers may have replaced their Retrickers eBay shop with the above site .... I hope not as they used to auction some shoes rather than have a fixed price. I once picked up a pair of Trickers Bourton brogues for £83. No chance of that happening on the new site.
    Your right, the shop closed just before Christmas.

Shhhhh! Don't tell everyone! ;-)

Craftsman
    Makes a lot of sense to me now as I received an email from said Trickers Outlet Store despite little recollection of ever using it!!!

How do Trickers compare in the general brogue hierarchy?

I just got my first pair of Cheaneys after being a very loyal Loake customer; half as much again as a pair of Loakes, but worth every penny. A huge step up I thought.

Quote Originally Posted by DB9yeti View Post

I just got my first pair of Cheaneys after being a very loyal Loake customer; half as much again as a pair of Loakes, but worth every penny. A huge step up I thought.
    Not sure about Tricker's but you are correct about Cheaney; they are far superior to Loakes. I think they are on par with C&J (but I have limited experience of C&J only having one pair of their boots).

Master

I can say that Trickers are a cut above Church shoes. Very similar in terms of price but miles apart in terms of quality. Handle a pair of Trickers and you can instantly tell that they will give you many years of service. I read somewhere that Church was taken over by Prada a while ago and since then the quality has dipped. Unfortunately they're going down the route of fashion footwear. Trickers really are as good as it gets.

Quote Originally Posted by seabiscuit View Post
    I read somewhere that Church was taken over by Prada a while ago and since then the quality has dipped. Unfortunately they're going down the route of fashion footwear.
    Have you seen the Church's range. Hardly fashion footwear, unless you mean fashion for the older gentleman.

Master
    Have you seen the Church's range. Hardly fashion footwear, unless you mean fashion for the older gentleman.
    No, they've came out with some weird designs in recent times. Granted you're unlikely to see those more off the wall shoes on the high street, but quality has most certainly taken a turn for the worse. At that price point Trickers are a better buy.

Depends what Trickers you're comparing ?

I've three different soles amongst my selsction of Trickers, Leather, Dainite, and Vibram. I don't have any commando soles.

Compared to my Loakes and Grensons (leather soles), the Trickers are way ahead in quality.

In my limited experience...

Trickers>Cheaney>Loake>Barker>Grenson

And that's with my Trickers allegedly being seconds!

Quote Originally Posted by Optimum View Post
    In my limited experience...

Trickers>Cheaney>Loake>Barker>Grenson

And that's with my Trickers allegedly being seconds!
    I think Grenson's are getting a rough deal here.

The Indian made G-two range are rubbish, but the Northampton made (from skin to box) G-zero range are up there, but also the same price as Trickers.

I think Grenson's are getting a rough deal here.

The Indian made G-two range are rubbish, but the Northampton made (from skin to box) G-zero range are up there, but also the same price as Trickers.
    I think they call it diluting the brand.

I'll stick to Loake thanks as I get mine from the factory outlet (via a third party), I've got two pairs of Grade A+ 'seconds' (Bedale and Tan Wolf) and paid just £90 for each pair.

Am I missing something here... The prices in the link are the same whether I sign up or not, I was expecting a discount code or see the prices change?

Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    Am I missing something here... The prices in the link are the same whether I sign up or not, I was expecting a discount code or see the prices change?
    i think you need to sign up, i.e. Create a account before you can buy.

Quote Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post
    I'll stick to Loake thanks as I get mine from the factory outlet (via a third party), I've got two pairs of Grade A+ 'seconds' (Bedale and Tan Wolf) and paid just £90 for each pair.
    My Tricker Derby brogue cost me £83 from their ReTricker ebay site in auction..

Unfortunately the price you see is the price you pay.

No more bargains like the old ReTricker ebay shop used to regularly throw up. Maybe the new site will do the same, have to wait and see.

Those are the discounted prices. Sign up for free for any future bargains/alerts. Trickers quality just puts you a step ahead of the hoi polloi............................

Those are the discounted prices. Sign up for free for any future bargains/alerts. Trickers quality just puts you a step ahead of the hoi polloi............................
    I see, thanks for the heads up!

Just picked up these Barker Black brogues. I've fancied some BBs for some while but the price is a little off putting. But shoes from the Barker Black brand are in a massively different league to shoes from the Barker brand. Bevelled waists and the brass stud work on the waist of these is a lovely detail.

Quote Originally Posted by triumph coupe View Post

Just picked up these Barker Black brogues. I've fancied some BBs for some while but the price is a little off putting. But shoes from the Barker Black brand are in a massively different league to shoes from the Barker brand. Bevelled waists and the brass stud work on the waist of these is a lovely detail.
    They are very cool!

Edit- I've just seen the price, eek! And they don't seem to be sold in the U.K., or am I being daft?
    Last edited by Kirk280; 9th February 2017 at 21:45.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirk280 View Post
    They are very cool!

Edit- I've just seen the price, eek! And they don't seem to be sold in the U.K., or am I being daft?
    Yes, the price is not pleasant - I think rrp on these is $875 (mainly sold in the US but you can find them occasionally stocked in the UK)

I was fortunate enough to get hold of a pair from the factory shop in their Jan sample sale (I have been popping in every time I pass in the hope to pick up a pair of BBs but have until now been unsuccessful despite my persistence).

The brogueing detail on the toe caps is also skull and crossbones - I'll get a photo taken, they are pretty cool.

Last edited by triumph coupe; 11th February 2017 at 12:16. Reason: to add photo

Master
    Try Solovair. Made in Northampton, super comfortable and look great. Not as good quality as my Crockett and Jones and Churches, but still very good.

https://www.solovair-shoes.com/produ...v=79cba1185463

Cheaney Langdales today....
    all day comfort and just the most versatile boot I have
    A lady friend referred to them as the colour of "old cognac"
    anyway...shown by some old Aberlour by candlelight! They are a joy to polish too.

Been wearing some old favourite Alfred Sargent Dulwich, which go quite well with jeans and my Sinn,for which I had a strap made to match watch and shoes
    I am, quite mad!
    Last edited by GOAT; 27th February 2017 at 22:30.

Master
    Not exactly brogues, but rather cap-toe derbys. I deciced I need something that fits between very casual (Alden) derbies and more formal oxfords. I went for the Crockett & Jones Bradford in brown cordovan. Factory order, but should be here for the spring.

Went round a few factory shops yesterday so thought I'd give a quick heads up. I was particularly looking for some black shoes with dainite sole that can be worn with a suit (not very often) but more with trousers / jeans. First factory shop was Cheaney, nice little shop with a reasonable selection but the vast majority where leather soled so no good to me. The shop opens 10:00 - 17:00. There is a new arrival table which seems to be about £50 off retail. Other shoes where around the £120 and upwards for the ones I looked at.

Next was Barkers, the factory shop is huge with a massive selection. A lot of choice for women and kids and the staff are pretty good as well. I purchased a pair of black Orkney for £160 (rrp £300 so a great saving) and I can't find a fault on them. Again alot of leather soled shoes and boots.
    http://www.barker-shoes.co.uk/orkney/

Lastly we went to Crockett & Jones The shop opens at 13:00 - 17:00. I wasn't holding out much hope here as they are very expensive so thought that would reflect in the factory shop. The shop is small but reasonably stocked. Interestingly if you find a style you like then just ask the staff about size, colour, sole as they have loads round the back and can't display all choices. I ended up with some dark brown Brecon for £180 (rrp is £410!!!!!) so a huuuuuge saving. Again I can't see a fault on them.
    https://www.crockettandjones.com/col...-country-calf/

I also tried these on but couldn't justify them at the time, I think they where £180 in the factory shop.
    https://www.crockettandjones.com/col...-scotch-grain/

Conistons for £180 were a bargain! I need to go down to the factory shops sometime.

Conistons for £180 were a bargain! I need to go down to the factory shops sometime.
    I was amazed. To be honest I think it'll be my first call next time. Though I think I'll ring them first to check if they have any in

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Just been informed by the wife that these were £220 and not £180, sorry

Still cheap mate.

When I first stumbled upon this thread I had one pair of brogues which I had made for me whilst on holiday in Vietnam. I had no idea that there was so much quality and choice available. Thanks once again to TZ my bank balance is much lighter - I have been enlightened.

Back row, first ever pair I bought followed by 2 pairs of Cheaneys. Front row, awesome Barker Blacks (thanks to this thread) and lovey oxblood Vass's. Thanks All!

When I first stumbled upon this thread I had one pair of brogues which I had made for me whilst on holiday in Vietnam. I had no idea that there was so much quality and choice available. Thanks once again to TZ my bank balance is much lighter - I have been enlightened.

Back row, first ever pair I bought followed by 2 pairs of Cheaneys. Front row, awesome Barker Blacks (thanks to this thread) and lovey oxblood Vass's. Thanks All!

Very nice, but you also need a pair of country brogues

Master
    I got to ask a question.

I have always invested in good shoes because my feet are inside them most of the time.

However I have never bought a pair of boots - is it just a fashion thing or do they serve a definite purpose ?

Master
    They prevent snow getting into your shoes and getting your feet wet - at least for me here in Finland. ;) I wear boots from October to March.

Apprentice
    Check out these: Hudson Heyford Brogues Mens Shoes

Last edited by JayLake; 18th May 2017 at 19:43.

Master
    However I have never bought a pair of boots - is it just a fashion thing or do they serve a definite purpose
    I've spent most of the last 40 years wearing boots of all types, there great for ankle support. This week its Altberg Peacekeeper VS and the weekend will be either Conistons of Skye 3s.

Churches are my favourite and have a few pairs sitting with shoe trees. ......

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Tricker's summer sale.

It must be that time of year...

Sale also on at http://www.grenson.com/uk/sale.html

Trickers jodhpur boots plus some other styles online at tkmaxx now, less than half price
    Good luck everybody. Have a good one.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Picked up these from the church factory shop this week