closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Premiership - Here we go again (Match 1)

Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    I am! We should have put that one to bed and won by three, but for a tricky opening game we played well and all our signings look magnificent players.

Now, if we can put six points between us and Arsenal before we go there in a couple of weeks...
    Villa made it look easy, I'm not sure Spurs are going to find it that easy, you'll be lucky to scrape a draw
    "A man of little significance"

I cant call it gents but its going to be interesting.Can Moyles do what Fergie did? and lets face it hes not used to spending money is he City have millions to spend and will but has Pelligrini got the experience to push on from Mancini ? Spurs have money to spend and I am sure that if Bail does go then they will replace him with some top players for that sort of money.Nice to see Murhinio back in the premier league.He will have unfinished business that's for sure and will be active in the transfer market.Rogers I think is doing a brilliant job and I wouldn't rule them out, Especially as it looks like Suarez could stay and they haven't finished building the team yet.Arsene could be under some serious pressure.Money to spend but nothing to report as yet and a very poor result yesterday but hey its early days.

Scarto I understand your comments around Reina,However he did say that IF Barcelona came in for him then he would go.They didn't so Rogers helped him on his way and he looks like he has been very influential in keeping Suarez in check. I think he could be underestimated as a manager by some people. And some trolls as well

As I said.I cant call it but I am looking forward to what is going to be an interesting season

Master
    Southampton make another signing and with four academy players in the starting eleven yesterday the future looks good.

Good to be back.
    Looking forward to tomorrow night v Toon.
    The weekend so far panned out as much as I thought bar the Gunners v Villa result. Nited could never be written off, even if the Grand Wizard has gone he s left behind a shed load of talent.
    Spurs look good, Chelsea too. Liverpool will beat a lot of the top teams this season but will probably also drop points to some of the lesser lights.
    My predictions...........
    City, Stretford Rovers, Chelsea nd Tottenham in the top 4.
    Swansea, Arsenal, Liverpool and Everton fighting for the Europa spots
    Haven't got much hope for the three new boys but I hope one of them avoids the drop.

Quote Originally Posted by itsgotournameonit View Post

Scarto I understand your comments around Reina,However he did say that IF Barcelona came in for him then he would go.They didn't so Rogers helped him on his way and he looks like he has been very influential in keeping Suarez in check. I think he could be underestimated as a manager by some people. And some trolls as well

As I said.I cant call it but I am looking forward to what is going to be an interesting season
    You're absolutely right in that Reina did make the first murmurings so probably set himself up for it. However, it's still sad to see an excellent 'keeper go who really was loyal to the club. He recently said his favourite moment playing was running down the pitch to celebrate with David N'gog a few seasons ago when he scored the second goal against United at Anfield. I watched that game and that told me how much he genuinely loved the club.

On a purely football level, I think he was becoming more prone to mistakes in the past couple of years. Mignolet should give us some solidity in that department.

Btw, also in agreement that Rodgers is a tough cookie when he wants to be. He's been fairly ruthless in letting some players leave.
    He also always talks about the ethos of the club. I think he's in it for the long haul and fancies himself as the next Shankly!
    Last edited by scarto; 18th August 2013 at 23:01.

Does anyone know where to get live streaming of matches?

Quote Originally Posted by Foxy100 View Post
    Does anyone know where to get live streaming of matches?
    Wiziwig.tv
    Cheers,
    Neil.

Master
    1. Chelsea
    2. Man City
    3. Man Utd
    4. Spurs
    5.Everton
    6. Liverpool
    7.Arsenal

Is my considered guess.

Quote Originally Posted by HoneyFB View Post
    1. Chelsea
    2. Man Utd
    3. Man City
    4. Spurs

For me.

Then Arsenal, Everton, Southampton and Swansea fighting it out for the Europa Cup place(s).

Bottom three I cannot see past the three clubs that have come up, none of them
    have a chance, the weakest for years Hull, Palace and Cardiff.

Stoke and Sunderland may challenge for the bottom three.

Villa, Liverpool, West Ham and Norwich comfortably mid-table.
    You taking me up on that bet then?

1. Chelsea
    2. Man Utd
    3. Man City
    4. Liverpool
    5. Spurs

As long as Villa finish above West Ham I win my bet, double or quits, from last year. If they don't I'm £40 down...

Craftsman
    WHat about the best stricker of the season? Van Persie (again)??

Quote Originally Posted by sebastien1985 View Post
    WHat about the best stricker of the season? Van Persie (again)??
    Benteke. Easily.

I'm looking forward to Kenwright telling Moyes that he will swap Fellaini and Baines for Rooney and then selling him to Chelsea for £40 m quid!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by thegoat View Post
    I'm looking forward to Kenwright telling Moyes that he will swap Fellaini and Baines for Rooney and then selling him to Chelsea for £40 m quid!
    Indeed - make a few quid out of the deal. I am waiting for the offer of Frankenstein Ferdinand ( + his team who keep him alive each night ) for Fellaini and Baines plus cash to Manure.... LOL

As for Moyes - have you noticed how stressed he looks ?- almost looks ill with it.

I do expect that Rooney will probably try / want to end his career at Goodison at some point in the future, but I am not so sure anyone would want him there after the trouble he caused first time around.

Craftsman
    Would be difficult to see Rooney playing in the UK for a club different from Man U

Would be difficult to see Rooney playing in the UK for a club different from Man U
    Couldn't agree more with that. He may not be in his prime these days but he's still class and Man U would hate to lose him to a premier league rival.

just watching Jamie Carragher on MNF and I think Sky might have to invest in subtitles. To pinch from Jerry Maguire............. "You lost me at errrrrrrrr!"

If tonight's performance is anything to go by City could be real contenders this season.

Quote Originally Posted by sevvy View Post

If tonight's performance is anything to go by City could be real contenders this season.

Might be different if they play a team that actually "turns up" Newcastle have been shocking tonight.All 10 of them

Master
    just watching Jamie Carragher on MNF and I think Sky might have to invest in subtitles. To pinch from Jerry Maguire............. "You lost me at errrrrrrrr!"
    I think that Gary Neville sounds more and more like Brian Potter from Phoenix Nights with each passing season....

City looked very strong tonight. Carragher sounds like a man who's nuts are clamped in a vice.
    Last edited by learningtofly; 19th August 2013 at 22:08.

Blog Entries
    +1 - Looked to be well in control even before Taylor lost the plot, but as posted above - the real test will come with real opposition.
    (no disrespect to Newcastle - but they didn't turn up tonight - can't see Chelsea or Man U being subdued so easily)

z

At least Pardew got his excuse in early; "unsettled by Arsenal's interest in Cabaye", my erchie.

Master
    There is nothing more satisfying than watching Pardews post match interviews on MOTD after yet another Newcastle mauling....

He was sooooo Smug when Newcastle were doing well season before last.

Carragher sounds like a man who's nuts are clamped in a vice.
    I've worked in Liverpool for 5 years and I could hardly understand a word.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael_Mcr View Post
    There is nothing more satisfying than watching Pardews post match interviews on MOTD after yet another Newcastle mauling....

No wonder, he has an eight year contract.

All that old pony about Newcastle being a hotbed of football in the NE. I can't remember when they last had a decent team that was vying for honours.

Gawd, they've got more Frenchmen than Arsenal.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

couldnt agree more, nothing to do with the fact im a Sunderland fan

least they look worse than us this year but with the home games we have until December i think Paolo will come under fire

City looked fantastic ast night

my top 4

Chelsea
    City
    Man U
    Spurs

bottom 3

Palace
    Cardiff
    Stoke

anything could happen in between

Craftsman
    What about Man City first ?!
    Last edited by sebastien1985; 22nd August 2013 at 22:48.

Master
    What about City first ?!
    To quote my brother ( who is a long life City fan ) "City are always capable of snatching defeat from the jaws of victory"

To quote my brother ( who is a long life City fan ) "City are always capable of snatching defeat from the jaws of victory"
    Being a City fan is all about pessimism.
    When we are 3-0 up with 20 minutes to go , you think a draw would be a good result.
    However, I wouldn't change it for the world. Hundreds and hundreds of lows followed by a couple of dozen highs.

Saying that, I still think Chelsea are the team to beat .

City will beat the worlds best on their day but are also as likely to get turned over by a Sunday League team .

Hark at Spuds trying to buy the league :)

Quote Originally Posted by thegoat View Post
    Hark at Spuds trying to buy the league :)
    It looks like Chelsea have already successfully bought at least one referee after the Villa match tonight. Ivanovich scored the second goal from an offside position, having been passed over for at least one extra yellow card. Radio 5 Live reckon he should have seen yellow four times, three of which were absolutely cast iron. Ah well, what's the point of money if you can't spend it?

Journeyman

Losing Bale is good for Spurs...discuss...

Quote Originally Posted by bonzo697 View Post
    Can't see Spurs finishing that high without Bale
    I think selling Bale now is a good thing for Spurs. It's looking more and more likely that he'll go now and this gives them the funds to spread the talent around the side a bit more.
    Top 3 is possible! I'd luv to see a shake-up to the establishment....no I'm not a Spurs fan.

Quote Originally Posted by bulletmagnet View Post
    I think selling Bale now is a good thing for Spurs. It's looking more and more likely that he'll go now and this gives them the funds to spread the talent around the side a bit more.
    Top 3 is possible! I'd luv to see a shake-up to the establishment....no I'm not a Spurs fan.
    Yes, with the Willian deal done and reports of one or two more potentially coming in, our team AND squad without Bale is far, far stronger than it was with him last season. It looks like the top four will be some way ahead of the rest (assuming we settle pretty quickly) and I'm not sure there'll be much between any of them. It looks very hard to call.

There's a Spurs ticket for sale on SC for anyone interested in a Europa League tie ;)

Yes, with the Willian deal done <snip>

Yes, with the Willian deal done
    Willian? Is this the brother of the one going to Chelsea or someone else?

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Foxy100 View Post
    Willian? Is this the brother of the one going to Chelsea or someone else?
    Hmmm, it ain't over until the fat lady sings! :)

It's crystal clear now,

Quote Originally Posted by S.L View Post
    It's crystal clear now,

Thats just silly, he would never go to Liverpool

Quote Originally Posted by scarto View Post
    I'm confident in Rodgers' project. Liverpool are going to surprise a few people this season. Confident of a top 4 finish and even leading the table in the early part of the season. A good young squad with some canny signings made over the Summer. Top 'keeper included.

YNWA.

We are top of the league.We are top of the league.

That is all

Craftsman

That is all
    Any comments on the signing of Mahamadou Sakho (€23mm). Will he be playing?! Defense is already packed...

That is all
    I'm a WHU supporter but Liverpool have got a very classy side there who can beat anyone.

Definitely see them in the top four at the season's end.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

Yes, with the Willian deal done and reports of one or two more potentially coming in, our team AND squad without Bale is far, far stronger than it was with him last season. It looks like the top four will be some way ahead of the rest (assuming we settle pretty quickly) and I'm not sure there'll be much between any of them. It looks very hard to call.
    Does that top four include Spurs...?

Quote Originally Posted by scarto View Post
    I'm confident in Rodgers' project. Liverpool are going to surprise a few people this season. Confident of a top 4 finish and even leading the table in the early part of the season. A good young squad with some canny signings made over the Summer. Top 'keeper included.

YNWA.

That is all

Well I didn't want to say 'I told you so' but yeah, great isn't it?!

Solid team and squad, good signings, nice football, tight defence with good 'keeper and lots of young players building the foundations for years to come.

The Liverpool FC Project is in full swing.

Like the players Liverpool are bringing in too I think they will add to the squad and continue the very strong defensive formation we now have. Only thing I did find a bit strange is we didn't get another player in for the middle of the park especially with Allen injured.

Interesting news about Arsenal getting Ozil who while I do think he is an excellent signing (If they get him) Last season I though they would do well with their new additions but it was same old Arsenal.

Liverpool have a good squad but still not top 4 for me.

its a long season and i dont think they have the edge over other teams.

and yes I think we are going down

Quote Originally Posted by r.dawson View Post
    We being?
    Cheers,
    Neil.

Blimey Ozil in, comfortable win against a toothless looking Totteringham side, maybe things aren't as bad as thought.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by r.dawson View Post
    Liverpool have a good squad but still not top 4 for me.

its a long season and i dont think they have the edge over other teams.

I don't agree. The "surprize effect" can play in their favor (no one expect anything from Liverpool this season... and the spotlight is on Chelase (Mourinho), Arsenal (as always at the beginning of a season), United (obviously) and City (impressive players joined the club this summer). Don't forget that the 4 teams mentioned above will also be playing the Champions League (exhausting to play twice a week).

I can't see Liverpool finishing ahead of Spurs, possibly 4. Spurs, 5. Arsenal, 6. Liverpool.

We seem to have a very balanced squad, now down to the requisite 25 for European regs...

Left back - Rose, Naughton, Fryers, Vertonghen
    Right back - Walker, Naughton, Kaboul
    Centre back - Vertonghen, Kaboul, Chiriches, Dawson
    Right mid - Lennon, Townsend, Lamela, Sigurdsson
    Left mid - Chadli, Townsend, Lamela, Sigurdsson
    Defensive mid - Sandro, Capoue
    Attacking mid - Paulinho, Lamela, Eriksson, Dembele, Holtby, Sigurdsson
    Forward - Soldado, Lamela, Defoe, Adebayor

With a lot of the squad able to play in multiple positions, it should bode well with regard to injuries and rotation. I also think that Lamela will score as many as Soldado - he hit the net regularly for Roma - so with them and Defoe hopefully our goal tally will start to rise now.