closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: WTB More Attractive Than SC

WTB More Attractive Than SC

Anybody else noticed that the watches listed in WTB are more attractive/desirable than those in SC. Which begs the question, why didn't the people flogging stuff in SC buy the stuff in WTB in the first place?

Quote Originally Posted by Jdh1 View Post
    Anybody else noticed that the watches listed in WTB are more attractive/desirable than those in SC. Which begs the question, why didn't the people flogging stuff in SC buy the stuff in WTB in the first place?
    ....so what people want is more desirable than what people are selling? If it's more desirable, why would people be selling it? =P

Journeyman
    This post makes no sense to me? What do you mean?

Master
    you don't make any sense....

Probably because the grass is always greener.....

I kind of get your point but its usually a case of people selling in SC because they want to move up a notch, and people posting in WTB for the same reason

You don't see many WTB '<insert old random tat>'

Perhaps because the people selling on SC are also the ones listing a WTB and they're looking to move up the market / get something rarer / try the latest "must have" brand or watch?

Master
    If the party of the first part wished to part with those parts or the whole part which were offered by the second part or party requesting said part not offered by the first part, in part or whole, may or may not wish to part with said amounts, in order to satisfy the part or parts which other parts cannot reach by full or part purchase, in whole, or even partly! Seems straightforward to me!

Quote Originally Posted by tixntox View Post
    If the party of the first part wished to part with those parts or the whole part which were offered by the second part or party requesting said part not offered by the first part, in part or whole, may or may not wish to part with said amounts, in order to satisfy the part or parts which other parts cannot reach by full or part purchase, in whole, or even partly! Seems straightforward to me!
    Well I cant understand even one part of what you've just written, guess its partly my fault, for being part welsh part Irish part Scottish part English and part thick! lol!

I can see why this was confusing (!), let me try again. Generally...

1. Stuff on WTB...I also want.
    2. Stuff on SC...I also don't want.

Given that members are at different stages in the hobby and have differing tastes, I'd expect more of an even mix between the two.

Banned
    I can see why this was confusing (!), let me try again. Generally...

1. Stuff on WTB...I also want.
    2. Stuff on SC...I also don't want.

Given that members are at different stages in the hobby and have differing tastes, I'd expect more of an even mix between the two.
    I've removed my palm from my face long enough to type this..
    WTB's inherently are for items harder to get hold of, therefore likely to be of high quality/more rare/more desirable.

WTB = stuff not regularly available on SC

SC = stuff with no WTB for it - or, as is often the case, no one's checked.

It must be reassuring to know you have perfected the herd mentality and now have the same likes and dislikes of two sub forums
    Gray

Quote Originally Posted by gray View Post
    WTB = stuff not regularly available on SC

SC = stuff with no WTB for it - or, as is often the case, no one's checked.

It must be reassuring to know you have perfected the herd mentality and now have the same likes and dislikes of two sub forums
    It makes me feel part of something. What more could a man want really.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by valleywatch View Post
    Well I cant understand even one part of what you've just written, guess its partly my fault, for being part welsh part Irish part Scottish part English and wholly thick! lol!
    Fixed that for you. ;)

Master
    now wait for the new WTB - "some old shoes that are 3 sizes too small for me".

There ain't no Sanity Clause.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_Sy6...ture=endscreen

Blog Entries
    I think I agree with the sentiment behind the confusing post.

I have placed a few WTB threads in the last 3 months and completed 2 transactions which were never listed on SC.

...a MBII and ALT1-C.

PS....both Sellers had the required number of posts to list on SC

Quote Originally Posted by MFB Scotland View Post
    I think I agree with the sentiment behind the confusing post.

I have placed a few WTB threads in the last 3 months and completed 2 transactions which were never listed on SC.

...a MBII and ALT1-C.

PS....both Sellers had the required number of posts to list on SC
    I think WTBs can attract attention from those dithering about flipping a piece. I know I've responded where I've just not been motivated enough to stick an item on SC. It means you have a potential purchaser and you're not going to spend half an hour crafting an ad that gets no response. It was just the little kick I needed.

Yes, I think I know what you mean.

Upside of a WTB = a ready buyer.

Downside = a very limited market but then no more than when you've taken negotiations to PM from an SC ad.

Sounds like a lawyer!

This looks like just a perfect thread to up my post count. How else can I comment on the subject? Never been to SC, but I bet I'd like to buy half the watches if I only had the wallet for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Optimum View Post
    I think WTBs can attract attention from those dithering about flipping a piece. I know I've responded where I've just not been motivated enough to stick an item on SC. It means you have a potential purchaser and you're not going to spend half an hour crafting an ad that gets no response. It was just the little kick I needed.
    You think
    Gray

It makes me feel part of something. What more could a man want really.
    Ah yes - happiness can only exist in acceptance. No greater joy than the blind acceptance of strangers
    Gray

Ah yes - happiness can only exist in acceptance. No greater joy than the blind acceptance of strangers
    Ah but a stranger is a friend you haven't met yet. Now where did I leave that sick bucket?

Master
    I totally agree. I sold a watch last week as the result of a wtb. I hadn't advertised the watch for sale anywhere, ever. However, I saw the wtb and thought 'if he wants it, he can have it'. I have also bought a couple of watches through WTBs too. As mentioned above though, it's extremely frustrating when you put up a WTB for something and somebody offers what you want on SC and it sells before you see it, but then that's just life and good things come to those that wait (or so I tell myself to ease the pain ).

Ah but a stranger is a friend you haven't met yet. Now where did I leave that sick bucket?
    Next to the wolf
    Gray

You think
    Cheeky git!

Banned
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by soundood View Post

Close this thread now!

That post cannot be surpassed!

M

Ding-a-ling. That's why I posted there looking for a VC Overseas Chrono today, sometimes people don't even know they want to sell stuff or might not think that SC is the right place for an unusual or higher value piece, expecially if the last one didn't sell or whatever.

I recently got a watch that way, PM'd a guy who had beaten me to it on SC to see how he was finding it and if he ever wished to sell it... a few days later he got in touch and now it's mine. It happens... :)

Ditto

Did you resurrect this thread just to post those gifs? Well, at least it gave me a chance to post to this thread for the second time just for the sake of posting.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Possu View Post
    Did you resurrect this thread just to post those gifs? Well, at least it gave me a chance to post to this thread for the second time just for the sake of posting.
    the thread was at the top of watch talk when I posted, someone had edited or posted then deleted.

I do not thread necro.