closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1119202122 LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,050 of 1096

Thread: SMITHS SEAFIRE – PVD Instrument Watch

A big thanks to Eddie for forwarding one of the badges with my latest strap order

In the meantime the olive TSS has arrived and I have to say that I really do like the look - apologies for my poor quality iphone pictures

Master
    Really like the TSS Nato great colour too, what's the stitching like is it tidy?

Quote Originally Posted by barryw View Post
    Really like the TSS Nato great colour too, what's the stitching like is it tidy?
    The stitching is neat. The fabric is thinner than Eddies but the overall quality including the PVD hardware is good. Its comfy and looks as though it will be quite durable.

Quote Originally Posted by Velorum View Post
    The stitching is neat. The fabric is thinner than Eddies but the overall quality including the PVD hardware is good. Its comfy and looks as though it will be quite durable.
    I have a couple of tss NATO straps. All have lasted well (approx 4 years) despite the abuse given. Thin, neat and small weave they have been very comfy.

Master
    ^^^Cheers^^^

Master
    A big thanks to Eddie for forwarding one of the badges with my latest strap order

In the meantime the olive TSS has arrived and I have to say that I really do like the look - apologies for my poor quality iphone pictures

Is the hardware on Eddies black NATO matte?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by 33mgb View Post
    Still loving the Brady.....

These are from the USA?

Quote Originally Posted by Gunscrossed View Post
    Is the hardware on Eddies black NATO matte?
    It is on mine

Great quality

Quote Originally Posted by Gunscrossed View Post
    These are from the USA?
    Yes, either directly from Brady straps or via their eBay site. Apparently they are fairly quick. Mine is on its way, hoping it arrives before crimble time :)

Master
    Thanks guys, might try to order the Seafire this week but don't like the striped NATO.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by swanbourne View Post
    Anybody who's already purchased a Seafire will be able to claim one for free next time they order a strap or something.

Eddie
    That's great eddie! Nice gesture

Master
    Just arrived home from abroad, got to say I love it, perfect size and really looks the part, such a bargain for a watch that looks very nice and feels rather premium I must say, great quality nato too

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by zoiksy View Post
    Yes, either directly from Brady straps or via their eBay site. Apparently they are fairly quick. Mine is on its way, hoping it arrives before crimble time :)
    Yes, fairly quick. Mine took about a week via eBay.

Master
    What's the seller's name on ebay, or did you just search Brady sailcloth?
    Thanks.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by barryw View Post
    What's the seller's name on ebay, or did you just search Brady sailcloth?
    Thanks.
    The seller is bradystaps, here's the link;

http://ebay.to/1yLWSGe

Craftsman
    Not sure that worked! Try this one;

Bradystraps Original Sailcloth Watch Strap

Master
    ^^^Thanks^^^ :)

Master
    Anyone tried it on a generic pvd bracelet?
    Last edited by Gunscrossed; 14th December 2014 at 11:15.

I ordered a couple of Brady sailcloth straps direct from their website (exchanged emails with Todd) on December 1st, but nothing has arrived yet. Christmas rush (or Christmas post) perhaps?
    Last edited by Ian_O; 16th December 2014 at 12:23.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian_O View Post
    I ordered a couple of Brady sailcloth straps direct from their website (exchanged emails with Todd) on December 1st, but nothing has arrived yet. Christmas rush (or Christmas post) perhaps?
    I guess it probably is. I must admit I was quite surprised that mine arrived so quickly. It's still on the watch though - I think it's the perfect match for it.

I guess it probably is. I must admit I was quite surprised that mine arrived so quickly. It's still on the watch though - I think it's the perfect match for it.
    It certainly looks good, hence my order too.

My "Classic Black" strap from SteveoStraps arrived last week. First purchase from Steveo and what a great person he is to deal with. Thoroughly recommended.

He made up the strap for me with green stitching (having looked at photos of the Seafire first), and this is the result :-

Last edited by Ian_O; 30th January 2015 at 17:51. Reason: Images changed location

Craftsman
    My "Classic Black" strap from SteveoStraps arrived last week. First purchase from Steveo and what a great person he is to deal with. Thoroughly recommended.

He made up the strap for me with green stitching (having looked at photos of the Seafire first), and this is the result :-

That is very nice. I've had a couple of straps from Steveo in the past. Really impressed with his customer service and the quality of the straps. Great prices too.

That is very nice. I've had a couple of straps from Steveo in the past. Really impressed with his customer service and the quality of the straps. Great prices too.
    Yes, I can see myself going back to him for more straps in future.

Yes, I can see myself going back to him for more straps in future.
    Very nice strap. Was very tempted by a steveo strap for my flieger... Might be a new year gift to myself, the quality looks awesome and good to hear he us a good person to deal with.

Master
    The Steveo strap looks fantastic.

That looks super!

Ive had a couple of straps from Steveo and the quality and service are second to none

Master
    Already had 2 straps from Steveo this month and now looks like I may need a third - That looks great.

I think he is closed till January now so will have to wait!!
    Last edited by StuS; 16th December 2014 at 17:34.

I may well be tempted by a Steveo strap in the new year.

In the meantime I have been alternating between the black Perlon and the TSS Nato

The Perlons adjustability is its blessing and its curse - I find myself constantly fiddling with it!

Interestingly the TSS doesnt result in the watch wearing much larger - probably due to the thinner material and the longer extra bit which means the tucked in bit isnt right on the side of the wrist. Out of the straps I have this has the best look I think - though these photos taken with a flash make it look brighter then it really is.....

Got hold of my Timefactors 2-piece nylon deployment straps today.

Currently have the black one on my Seafire. Fits great, suits it and feels nice and secure. the thickness is just right and makes the watch sit just the right height from the wrist. Will be happily on there until the Brady finally shows up.
    Also have the RAF coloured version which I feel will partner well with the theme, but that is being wrapped as a present form the mrs so will have to wait for that one.

Will add some pictures once I get chance.

Anyone got a wrist shot with sub 7 inch wrists?

Quote Originally Posted by Chris W View Post
    Anyone got a wrist shot with sub 7 inch wrists?
    See posts from:

I am finding the 40mm case size fine - the thing that is taking some getting used to is the height of the watch. A NATO makes it wear even higher and a less bulky Pertex feels a little unsubstantial relative to its heft. I am going to see how it feels on a TSS Atlas and if this works probably go for a Steveo strap.

I am finding the 40mm case size fine - the thing that is taking some getting used to is the height of the watch. A NATO makes it wear even higher and a less bulky Pertex feels a little unsubstantial relative to its heft. I am going to see how it feels on a TSS Atlas and if this works probably go for a Steveo strap.
    It works quite nicely with the new 2-piece TF straps, they have enough weight to suit the watch in addition to making it seem less tall. It certainly feels more comfortable with this than on a NATO. Even like the simple deployment.
    But I think something thicker is MUCH more suited to this watch, ie the Brady or something like the steveo someone posted not too far back.

Some quick pics of it on the new TF strap...

Master
    I tried mine on a friends Di Modelle Rally earlier today (sorry no photos) and it definitely felt better on a thicker/stiffer strap sitting closer to the wrist

However, I concluded that it still wore too tall for my taste. On the other hand the PRS40 (that I bought at the same time) is a huge thing lug to lug for my small wrists but as its so thin I find that it wears perfectly. I dont think that I am ever going to feel like that about the Seafire, so with some regret off it goes to SC!

You just have to give things a go sometimes.........
    I can understand this, the height really surprised me but I can live with it. I am sure it won't take long to go and as you say you have to give things a go!!

Quote Originally Posted by StuS View Post
    I can understand this, the height really surprised me but I can live with it. I am sure it won't take long to go and as you say you have to give things a go!!

Its been taken

Ive never been worried too much about height before, guess Ive been lucky - for most of today Ive been wearing my 40mm Seiko chrono but as its so slim it feels perfect

Master
    Its been taken

Ive never been worried too much about height before, guess Ive been lucky - for most of today Ive been wearing my 40mm Seiko chrono but as its so slim it feels perfect
    I think it's the profile of the sides with the flat crystal, I have deeper watches but the case are slimmer and the crystal adds the depth.

The Seafire seems very blocky but I have got used to it and like it and will definitely keep it.

It is a thick watch, more so than I really expected. Certainly like it though. Have the benefit of a chunky wrist also really. It's my current favourite for everyday, but can't say I wouldn't think about moving it on if the chance of a prs-5 came around....

For now, however I am very much enjoying my chunky and flat faced friend in its lovely pvd finish.

Master
    I was initially disappointed as I thought the watch was going to be slim with it being a quartz, but I was pleasantly surprised by the depth and this has made it my next watch purchase, I suppose we're all different.

Santa arrived with mine, temporarily on a thick waterbuffalow aviator till the green Brady straps one arrives.
    Should say on timing I set it when I bought it about a month ago and its now running -6 sec.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by farquare; 25th December 2014 at 11:01.

Master

Smile

Congratulations lovely present.
    Enjoy!

Here's mine (ex-velorum):

Here's mine, sitting on a custom Frankie Tso (Banda Strap) made of super soft vachette calf:

Smiths Seafire by ianc666, on Flickr

Looks great that strap. Mine is now on the TF RAF 2 piece.

Still awaiting the Brady!...

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by marcus fenix View Post
    Here's mine, sitting on a custom Frankie Tso (Banda Strap) made of super soft vachette calf:

Smiths Seafire by ianc666, on Flickr
    right. I need to buy this. And the strap.

Master

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by Rano85 View Post
    right. I need to buy this. And the strap.
    Tell me about it, bloody car service, mot, tyres................weep!

I don't own one of these, but I do have a very similar watch which I've been wearing on the Bremont leather Hambleden strap with DLC fittings. However, it's all a bit too black for me, so was thinking of keeping the DLC fittings, but trying an olive green. Pager and Cooper have these (Elliot Brown) straps at 35 quid each. Might be worth a flutter? (photo (C) Page and Cooper 2014)

Quote Originally Posted by Broussard View Post
    I don't own one of these, but I do have a very similar watch which I've been wearing on the Bremont leather Hambleden strap with DLC fittings. However, it's all a bit too black for me, so was thinking of keeping the DLC fittings, but trying an olive green. Pager and Cooper have these (Elliot Brown) straps at 35 quid each. Might be worth a flutter? (photo (C) Page and Cooper 2014)
    Why not just buy some of Eddie's straps? They're much cheaper and every bit as good.

I've currently got my Seafire on a black canvas 2 piece strap at a fiver. I've also got an olive green canvas for it and a nylon 2 piece RAF with deployant.

All in £22.50 for three decent straps!

Master
    My eyesight is not great but is that a £35 rhino/zulu/waterborne?

Quote Originally Posted by Dave+63 View Post
    Why not just buy some of Eddie's straps? They're much cheaper and every bit as good.

I've currently got my Seafire on a black canvas 2 piece strap at a fiver. I've also got an olive green canvas for it and a nylon 2 piece RAF with deployant.

All in £22.50 for three decent straps!
    Because the green TF strap is green, not olive. I was looking for something slightly more muted, less bright with matching hardware. It's a colour thing. Probably.