Quote Originally Posted by b11ocx View Post
Sorry, was not aware of the Seafire connection....regardless it will sound more naval to many observers.

As a Yorkshireman, I used to go to Finningley as a kid, and that is where my emotional link to the V Bombers comes from. From a purely marketing perspective, Vulcan has the Star Trek overtones, Victor is maybe a bit 'Meldrew' in the UK and I had, embarrassingly, forgotten about the Valiant.

I am sure I am in the minority, but I always like a date as it helps me in meetings remember it at a glance.....I could use a phone, iPad, PC or Newspaper, but I like to look at my watch :-)
Hi nice to see a reference to the Vulcan. I would love to seea Vulcan hoamge from Eddie too.
My Father flew from Finningley; and captained the Valliant, Victor and Vulcan, and was part of the Vulcan air display team too as well as being an instructor. The Vulcan was the plane that always held his heart because of how beautifuylly it flew, he considered it to be remarkable. The last one he flew was XH558 for a display. So Smiths V too Eddie, Fleiger style or Showa/IWC Portuguese chrono with elegant hands will be just dandy