Yes as it says! A long standing dealer and watch repairer in Nottingham had a go at selling me a fake Omega Seamaster 300m full size automatic.

I'd popped in to his shop in the morning to get a battery for a g10 and he briefly showed me a few watches he had up for sale one of them being a Seamaster 300m I asked how much he was after he Said to me £600 but he was looking for £800 I said it was cheap and he said there was no box and papers.
I've just got back off my holidays and didnt have much cash so I said thanks but no thanks.

Later on I got thinking £600 is bloody good so I popped to the bank and got the cash with a view to snapping his hand off.

I got to the jewellers and his assistant said he gone out and would be back shortly and I could look at the watch while I was waiting.
At first glance I was excited but I was struggling to find any serial numbers, omega markings on the case back etc but it still looked OK (bearing in mind I'm not an expert on this model) so I gave it back to his assistant and said I'd wait until his boss came back.

On his return I said I'd come about the omega he said great and looked ready to do a deal, I said would you mind popping the back off just so I could see the movement and he said " I'm sorry the watch has been sold and it had already gone" to which the assistant replied no it hasn't its hear! The boss started giving him evil stares. I said let me have a look at the movement he then claimed he hadn't got the tool, to which his bumbling assistant held up the tool and said you have!

He did take the back off and it was an obvious fake and he claimed he was as shocked as me... Yeah right.

I can't believe that he had attempted to sell me a long standing customer a fake! I know he knew as soon as he said he'd sold it. He's a watch repairer and he claims he's Rolex and Omega certified! Well I'm going to take that with a pinch of salt! Luckily I only ever use him as my battery man.
TBH the stuff he does sell is overpriced and I should have seen the signs when he wanted £600 for a watch he could have got more for.

I think his assistant either didnt like him too much and wanted to drop him in it or honestly believed it was genuine.

But all in all I'm gob smacked!

The jewellers is in Westbridgeford in Nottingham and I'm not going to name and shame him directly if you PM me and live my way I will give you a good heads up where to avoid!