closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: I fell in love today

Master

I fell in love today

not for the 1st time, lol. In fact, I keep falling in love...

I have been wanting to see one of these in the flesh and I was delighted to see one in Berry's Leeds earlier today

So of course after the wife had raised her eyebrows and went off to some clothes shops I went in and tried it on. I'm not sure what this watch is trying to be really - leather strap that looks kevlar-ish, a 'diver's' watch with a calf strap, that red dot thingy - but for me it just worked and I was smitten. The size was just right, the dial just spoke to me and whilst I'm not a fan of pin buckles I'd live with it and boy would I like it to live with me.

Anyway, prolonged the fun by trying on a used Aquanaut on stainless - still undecided tbh - by that I mean I am undecided as to whether I like the steel strap version. Berrys were waiting for the new Ingenieur 'any day' and I briefly marvelled at a white-faced Nautilus, sadly in full packaging as I would have liked to handle it (who wouldn't?). Anyway, Owen & Robinson had some lovely Vacherons in the window and then somewhere round the corner had the new GM2C black/blue, which was actually rather nice.

I'll keep falling in love...

Am not surprised. Is a fabulous watch.

But,I prefer this- just by a hair!

Master
    Currently my favourite watch I think. I tried it on recently in the hope that I wouldn't like it. It only made things worse :(

The Aquanaut on a bracelet is a completely different watch. Love the one on rubber, but not as much as the JLC Deep Sea Chrono.

Mmmmm.......not so sure about this one .

I tried on last night at mappin and Webb ; Heathrow .......thought it was a bit on the small side.

It was minus 20% there BTW

Craftsman
    Love it.... Might want to sell my JL Amvox to get me started

Master
    I can't get excited about this. If you want something very understated it would work but for me, it just looks a little bland.

Master
    I love this watch!! it's on my want list haha

It's very nice, but have you seen the Cermet version (Ceramic Metal Alloy)?

http://collection.jaeger-lecoultre.c...cermet/208A570

I've seen the prototype and I was very, very tempted :)

Master
    No, haven't seen it but think it's £12K for that one. Ouch

ETA it'd be interesting to see that strap on the other Chronos above though

Craftsman

An impressive watch...

And what's more, it's fully ISO-certified and the pusher can be used underwater.

Regards,
    Adam

I was seriously considering bone of these, however cooled because of concerns that it may wear a little small, although tbh have still not seen one in the flesh

Quote Originally Posted by ism123 View Post
    ETA it'd be interesting to see that strap on the other Chronos above though
    I dread to know what they'd want for the strap, their prices can be unpredictable, but you're absolutely right, it would look good on several watches I can think of :)

No, haven't seen it but think it's £12K for that one. Ouch
    True, but I am a sucker for black cases :)

One more thing, the Cermet material is supposedly the same colour throughout and so if it scratches, it will stay black.. Unfortunately with PVD and some other coatings, a scratch will reveal another colour below (usually silver) which looks very bad as the contrast shows so easily..

Quote Originally Posted by GTuned View Post
    True, but I am a sucker for black cases :)

One more thing, the Cermet material is supposedly the same colour throughout and so if it scratches, it will stay black.. Unfortunately with PVD and some other coatings, a scratch will reveal another colour below (usually silver) which looks very bad as the contrast shows so easily..
    If the Cermet is anytihing like the Rado Ceramos material, scratching is unlikely... I've three Rado Ceramics, one from the 70s and none have any scratches on the case (but loads on the bracelets...)

A

That is lovely!

not for the 1st time, lol. In fact, I keep falling in love...

I have been wanting to see one of these in the flesh and I was delighted to see one in Berry's Leeds earlier today

So of course after the wife had raised her eyebrows and went off to some clothes shops I went in and tried it on. I'm not sure what this watch is trying to be really - leather strap that looks kevlar-ish, a 'diver's' watch with a calf strap, that red dot thingy - but for me it just worked and I was smitten. The size was just right, the dial just spoke to me and whilst I'm not a fan of pin buckles I'd live with it and boy would I like it to live with me.

Anyway, prolonged the fun by trying on a used Aquanaut on stainless - still undecided tbh - by that I mean I am undecided as to whether I like the steel strap version. Berrys were waiting for the new Ingenieur 'any day' and I briefly marvelled at a white-faced Nautilus, sadly in full packaging as I would have liked to handle it (who wouldn't?). Anyway, Owen & Robinson had some lovely Vacherons in the window and then somewhere round the corner had the new GM2C black/blue, which was actually rather nice.

I'll keep falling in love...
    "A man of little significance"

Master
    It is a gorgeous looking watch is very stealthy I have been keeping an eye on prices on chorno 24. On a wish list as many others are:-)

Craftsman
    Very nice watch.

I fell in love yesterday, but I'm quite sure, I'm not allowed to post pics here :p

Watch looks great!

Quote Originally Posted by steviefleming View Post
    Mmmmm.......not so sure about this one .

I tried on last night at mappin and Webb ; Heathrow .......thought it was a bit on the small side.

It was minus 20% there BTW
    They were discounting 20% as well as the 'duty free' price?