closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Holiday watch pair

Holiday watch pair

Currently enjoying the Tuscan sun, and I'm doing it with just two watches!

This is the first, and its getting most wrist time

The second one is my main beater, we've done everything together and when I don't want to risk beach scratches on the 2254, this bad boy gets strapped on

The only thing missing is a decent dress watch for posh dinners out, so I see a purchase on the horizon ;)

Richard

Quote Originally Posted by dickbrowne View Post
    Currently enjoying the Tuscan sun, and I'm doing it with just two watches!

This is the first, and its getting most wrist time

]

The second one is my main beater, we've done everything together and when I don't want to risk beach scratches on the 2254, this bad boy gets strapped on

The only thing missing is a decent dress watch for posh dinners out, so I see a purchase on the horizon ;)

Richard
    Nice pairing indeedy and happy shopping for that dress watch ... many shops in Tuscan ??

I usually take about 6, but this year it will be just

and

Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

I use this pair this summer:

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by andy tims View Post
    I usually take about 6, but this year it will be just

and

Six???

That's a lot of occasions Andy!

Less complicated holiday this year?

Daddel.
    Got a new watch, divers watch it is, had to drown the bastard to get it!

Funnily enough Andy, I'm normally the other way around. If I'm on a summer two (more like three this year) jaunt I will stick with the animal, it's great at everything but looking posh. City breaks are a different kettle of fish and they get a smart watch, but I do seem to have developed a tradition of buying a commemorative watch on each break. Feeling drawn toward the Hamilton Jazzmaster small seconds this year, very classy.

Sulie, we were out in Florence yesterday and there are indeed many watch shops, but they were all very expensive, much more so than the uk equivalent. I looked at an aqua terra in an independent selling omega and it worked out not far short of 5k euros, this is the same watch beaverbrooks are selling for £3420

Quote Originally Posted by Daddelvirks View Post
    Six???

That's a lot of occasions Andy!

Less complicated holiday this year?

Daddel.
    It's mostly an insurance driven choice. I now have a safe at home, so I'm less confident of being paid out if I travel with too many watches worth a few quid and the worst happened.
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by andy tims View Post
    It's mostly an insurance driven choice. I now have a safe at home, so I'm less confident of being paid out if I travel with too many watches worth a few quid and the worst happened.
    Makes sense.

I'm wondering about a safe myself.

Daddel.
    Got a new watch, divers watch it is, had to drown the bastard to get it!

Off to Majorca tonight and decided after much deliberation on; Steelfish on leather/aqua racer ceramic black
    and a Ball Fireman 2 .
    Hope the wife sorted everything else!
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Daddelvirks View Post
    Makes sense.

I'm wondering about a safe myself.

Daddel.
    Makes good sense - I have a small one bolted to the floor - it is hard to find & awkward to attack even though not highly rated. Combined with an alarm it certainly gives me added piece of mind.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    I want to take a couple, but always bottle it. The Rolex just ends up doing everything. I can never bring myself To leave it in the caravan or hotel room. Fear of it getting nicked to be honest.

Master
    Blog Entries
    I always take my Sub and either the BSOH or the Panerai

Journeyman
    Amen to that. Happens all to often. Stays on my wrist.

Quote Originally Posted by jrpippen View Post
    I want to take a couple, but always bottle it. The Rolex just ends up doing everything. I can never bring myself To leave it in the caravan or hotel room. Fear of it getting nicked to be honest.

Craftsman
    I go with one. Always. Then I dont need to leave it to my room, reception or anywhere. Good lume to see time during night. It needs to be classy enough + automatic to wear during evenings, not too expensive to get unwanted attention and needs to be water and Kids proof to survive on beach and pool + rubber strap to wrap it to Mrs. OD wrist if needed to get her to somewhere or off from there to certain time to avoid excuses... (She never wear a watch on holiday....)

This usually answers to all questions:

And it will be on my wrist on monday morning when I am heading to summer holiday. (If I can get home from UK where I am at the moment...)

-OD

I always take just a G shock because I don't like dressing up on holiday! Sand, suncream, bashing it on a boat, salt water, needing 2 time zones, an alarm to wake me up, something that tells me what day it is, won't attract muggers - I used to do the whole Rolex submariner and a selection of linen trousers and smart polo shirts on holiday look, back in my 'Miami vice' days but now I just like to relax and not care on holiday!!

I leave my mechanicals at home to wind down when I go away and travel with only one watch and three Natos (one on, one washed and drying, one ready to go on)

F.T.F.A.

Journeyman
    Only one diving watch (Sub 14060)... and lots of Natos! :)