closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 37 of 84 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,850 of 4164

Thread: TZ Cycling/Bike Appreciation thread!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    Argh called the bike shop today to get my deposit refunded since they processed my bike to work voucher 2 weeks ago (had to pay a 50% deposit to secure an order 5 weeks ago). Asked them to check on the order and make sure we're all set for the end of the month. Nope, October. They're calling Specialized and then calling me back in the morning but I think they forgot to place the order and the initial batch of bikes has already sold. I really hope that's not what happened and I get a bike at the end of the month.
    I wonder if Specialized have a computer system like car dealers and see if your bike is in stock ( correct size) at another dealers? Good luck tomorrow

Sigma sports: Currently out of stock, more stock arriving*by 16/10/2020

Evans Cycles: Expected to be in stock 02/07/2020

Tredz: Due with our supplier on 15/10/2020

I can see one in stock with a dealer on the other side of London but I don't know if they're part of my work scheme. Think I'll be busy on the phone tomorrow.

Master
    Sigma sports: Currently out of stock, more stock arriving*by 16/10/2020

Evans Cycles: Expected to be in stock 02/07/2020

Tredz: Due with our supplier on 15/10/2020

I can see one in stock with a dealer on the other side of London but I don't know if they're part of my work scheme. Think I'll be busy on the phone tomorrow.
    Be careful with Evans. You just need to read the comments under their last post on Twitter to see the problems people have been having with them taking payments and not delivering and then it being impossible to contact them.

I've also been trying to contact them with no luck for 2 weeks now.

What size are you looking for?

Quote Originally Posted by Binsull View Post
    Be careful with Evans. You just need to read the comments under their last post on Twitter to see the problems people have been having with them taking payments and not delivering and then it being impossible to contact them.

I have had to contact Evans a couple of times. Found it difficult in early lockdown but easier recently. Plus, their stores are open, so if I have had difficulty on the phone, I have just cycled up to talk to them in person.

Craftsman
    My voucher arrived today and I ordered a cube hyde race from their site because it said it was in stock in my size and I didn't fancy waiting ages for other bikes to come in stock. Fingers crossed that they actually have it in stock and I don't have to go down this long chasing process

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

56 but I think I could do 54 or 56. In order to use the work scheme they have to be in the network of Cycle Solutions so that limits my options. Evans aren't on the scheme but I was on their site to get an idea of delivery dates. Would really prefer a local bike shop as I think they will put it together better/with more care than a website throwing it out the door who will never see it again.

The bike shop on the other side of London which has one in stock online is on the scheme. Will see if they can take my existing voucher or if I need to have it amended and hopefully get that one instead. Will mean I get it 2 weeks earlier if it can be processed tomorrow. Happy to wait for it to be built so long as the certainty is there.

Master
    56 but I think I could do 54 or 56. In order to use the work scheme they have to be in the network of Cycle Solutions so that limits my options. Evans aren't on the scheme but I was on their site to get an idea of delivery dates. Would really prefer a local bike shop as I think they will put it together better/with more care than a website throwing it out the door who will never see it again.
    Size wise, probably speaking to the converted , but by all means go one size smaller eg 54 dont be tempted to go obe size bigger eg 58. Smaller bikes are stiffer and you can fine tune them with a new stem ( £30) or saddle position ( £0) . A bike that is too large will just stretch you out and feel uncomfortable the more miles you do.

Good look with your search

Steve

Not really a new bike, but a new qualification - passed my MIAS Mountain Bike Leader Level 2 qualification today.
    Well happy - been trying to do this for the last couple of years but circumstances, injuries and life have conspired against me.
    First step to reducing my current work and becoming my own boss in the future.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

Well, the original bike shop who forgot to order me a bike and promised they'd call me first thing Monday with news of one secured from a supplier before October didn't call. No surprise.

Luckily the last remaining one I found in a shop on the other side of London took full payment to reserve and will process the voucher at some point this week and refund me when I collect as they're part of the scheme's network. Should have by next weekend. Finally.

Slightly annoying however that the DMR pedals I got on sale for £40 and put on my wife's bike out of boredom have gone back up to £65 as shops no longer need to discount.

Slightly annoying however that the DMR pedals I got on sale for £40 and put on my wife's bike out of boredom have gone back up to £65 as shops no longer need to discount.
    No good deed goes unpunished
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

Craftsman
    Evans are taking the absolute piss. Bike has been received by their store in East dulwich since 15th of June and they still haven't contacted me about picking it up. Went to the store to ask last week and they said they are busy building it and just to wait. Emailed their head office on Monday and the response I got was that they'll contact me shortly, which I still haven't been

Don't really have any other options but to wait, there's not really any bikes my size available anywhere and if I ask for a refund, I'm worried if they mess it up with the cyclesheme and I'll have to wait even longer to get that processed

Blog Entries
    Seems every man and his dog has bought a new bike this summer, whenndo we reckon the bargains will hit the shelves/ebay etc once people lose interest?

Well, the original bike shop who forgot to order me a bike and promised they'd call me first thing Monday with news of one secured from a supplier before October didn't call. No surprise.

Luckily the last remaining one I found in a shop on the other side of London took full payment to reserve and will process the voucher at some point this week and refund me when I collect as they're part of the scheme's network. Should have by next weekend. Finally.
    Which ones? Ive got a pair in my MTB parts box, boxed unused I dont need. I'll have a look later and see which they (apart from they are red) :-)

This is a not thinly veiled sales post but I’m thinking of selling a frame I had built as I have overlap with another Italian steel bike. I have no idea of value though so am after an opinion on what it’s worth?

It’s a Chesini prima made from Columbus spirit steel tubing in Verona. some small scuffs in paint here and there but very good condition and not scratched or dented, was liberally coated with Dinitrol (rust prevention wax) from new.
    565 effective top tube, will come with seat clamp, Columbus headset and fork. They got the order wrong and it was built with BB30! So will include the M-part BB that allows normal cranksets to be used.

It’s the actual frame pictured on their website in grey/blue (the very frame not just a similar one) and I think they are €2400 new frame and fork.

https://www.chesini.it/eng/bikes/prima-graph

Quote Originally Posted by P9MES View Post
    Which ones? Ive got a pair in my MTB parts box, boxed unused I dont need. I'll have a look later and see which they (apart from they are red) :-)
    Oh this was for the bike, not pedals. Managed to get the same DMR V12 MG pedals from Winstanleys for £52. Should hopefully pick the bike up this weekend but the pedals won't be until mid July. £52 was the best deal I could find -- I did try and pay £70 for some which were "in stock" but got my ordered cancelled when it turns out they weren't in stock.

Quote Originally Posted by wuyangkid View Post
    Evans are taking the absolute piss. Bike has been received by their store in East dulwich since 15th of June and they still haven't contacted me about picking it up. Went to the store to ask last week and they said they are busy building it and just to wait. Emailed their head office on Monday and the response I got was that they'll contact me shortly, which I still haven't been

Don't really have any other options but to wait, there's not really any bikes my size available anywhere and if I ask for a refund, I'm worried if they mess it up with the cyclesheme and I'll have to wait even longer to get that processed

I'm getting mine from Balfe's bikes in East Dulwich via the work cycle scheme. They were the only place I could find with any stock, might be worth giving them a call?

Quote Originally Posted by ~dadam02~ View Post
    Seems every man and his dog has bought a new bike this summer, whenndo we reckon the bargains will hit the shelves/ebay etc once people lose interest?
    My guess is right after winter when most new cyclists realise that riding in a rainy winter night sucks.
    Hopefully by then the missus would let me get a new one. Unlikely though.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by ~dadam02~ View Post
    When the weather changes and the clocks go back.

Blog Entries
    I'm getting mine from Balfe's bikes in East Dulwich via the work cycle scheme. They were the only place I could find with any stock, might be worth giving them a call?
    Just bought the wife a bike from Balfe's in Reigate, very good service too so highly recommended.

Quote Originally Posted by wuyangkid View Post

I feel your pain. Went through hell and back to get me and my wife road bikes from Evans. Zero communication after purchase. Truly terrible company. We ordered on the same day and received them ten days apart. I was emailing daily and getting no joy until finally my bike was dispatched but even then it still took five days from dispatch to delivery.(four weeks from order) My wife’s bike was left in a massive box on our doorstep for us to discover when we got back from shopping......no signature too.
    Ps, don’t look on the Evans Cycles twitter feed.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by andymonkey View Post
    I feel your pain. Went through hell and back to get me and my wife road bikes from Evans. Zero communication after purchase. Truly terrible company. We ordered on the same day and received them ten days apart. I was emailing daily and getting no joy until finally my bike was dispatched but even then it still took five days from dispatch to delivery.(four weeks from order) My wife’s bike was left in a massive box on our doorstep for us to discover when we got back from shopping......no signature too.
    Ps, don’t look on the Evans Cycles twitter feed.....

That's a pity to hear. I liked Evans before the pandemic. Bought my current bike new from them and had good service from the Canary Wharf shop. Went past it on a walk on Sunday and there was a small queue outside the shop due to the one in one out policy.

It's probably a combination of Sports Direct taking over and just being overwhelmed with the really high demands. I've noticed that they've also stopped their bike maintenance service, only accepting emergency fixing and maintenance for NHS staff.

Talking about routing bike servicing, has anyone used Havebike?
    https://www.havebike.co.uk/
    Seen their ads on Instagram recently and I'm considering servicing with them at the end of summer.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradiddle View Post
    My guess is right after winter when most new cyclists realise that riding in a rainy winter night sucks.
    Hopefully by then the missus would let me get a new one. Unlikely though.
    Great so sit tight for now is the key

Master
    Staying away from the Bournemouth beach crowds

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Dakuan View Post
    Spot the bike...
    Now thats what I call a garage!

Craftsman
    Spot the bike...
    Is this at Cardington?

Craftsman
    Thanks

They are huge hangers. I have been inside one of them for work.

It looked a lovely sunny day

Looking good! Should hopefully have mine by Sunday.

oh wow, I bet they are super impressive inside!

- - - Updated - - -

Are you joining gravel club too then?
    Yes, exact same bike and colour as Binsull. Seems like the best of both worlds and an easy first venture into road geometry.

TZ Cycling/Bike Appreciation thread!

Looks like you’ are on the Isle of Purbeck looking back towards Poole Harbour and Sandbanks?

Craftsman
    oh wow, I bet they are super impressive inside!

- - - Updated - - -

Are you joining gravel club too then?
    Yes, they were built for airships in the 30’s. I worked on a modern version called ‘Airlander’ and also did some aircraft egress trials.

Quote Originally Posted by Motman View Post
    When the weather changes and the clocks go back.
    More likely when the pubs re-open... ;)

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by noTAGlove View Post
    Looks like you’ are on the Isle of Purbeck looking back towards Poole Harbour and Sandbanks?
    Correct 😁

Craftsman
    Are they still working on that? Last I heard they stacked it into the ground. Looks like the place is a filming studio at the moment?

- - - Updated - - -

Ah cool, yeah the gravel thing (im on a cannondale topstone) is my first drop bar bike too
    I think they are trying to raise new funds to get it going again- very difficult in the current climate I’m sure

The other hangar is a massive studio

They are both historically listed

Grand Master
    Heads up for the bike lovers is that My S-Works Tarmac (56cm), SRAM Red and Roval CLX wheels is going up for sale as soon as I photograph.

Superb for anyone who wants to get their knees in the breeze. !!!
    RIAC

Quote Originally Posted by 100thmonkey View Post
    Heads up for the bike lovers is that My S-Works Tarmac (56cm), SRAM Red and Roval CLX wheels is going up for sale as soon as I photograph.

Hi Kerry how much do you think you'll list it for?

Grand Master

Full SRAM Red with S-Works Crankarms, S-Works carbon seatpost, S-Works stem, S-Works carbon bars, Carbon Roval CLX Wheelset, be around £2k for forum friends if required.

RIAC

Cheers Kerry I've sent it to a mate.

Sorry Kerry what year is the frame?

Needs a dust cap on that valve

Grand Master
    They dont get dusty if you ride them - at speed
    RIAC

Master
    Whilst viewing this thread the ubiquitous ads came up and for once there was something of interest to me. I've been looking at cycling shorts and the "Lightinthebox" advert had some promising examples. Has anyone else bought from there or got any other suggestions for cycling shorts? I've got stretchy lycra leggings, I want something for MTB stylee riding similar to Craghoppers.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by noTAGlove View Post
    Needs a dust cap on that valve
    The wheels are lighter without, and they're pretty pointless on presta valves anyway

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrzej View Post
    Great news - looks like Time Trials will be starting early July, and we already have one scheduled for 9th July! So still 4 club TTs this season, plus some West London Combine ones. Doesn't look as though new ones will be able to be added.
    Further to my post here, CTT have advised that "B" type events now delayed by at least another week to 12th July ("A" events to17th July), so our club event 9th July gone, and a question of whether we have everything ready for the next one on the 16th

Master
    Posted twice fsr lol

Master
    Blog Entries
    Further to my post here, CTT have advised that "B" type events now delayed by at least another week to 12th July ("A" events to17th July), so our club event 9th July gone, and a question of whether we have everything ready for the next one on the 16th
    I entered the Shaftesbury 50 on the E2 ages ago. Event is on 19th July so looking like it might go ahead. I think I might have forgotten how to hurt myself

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by trident-7 View Post
    I entered the Shaftesbury 50 on the E2 ages ago. Event is on 19th July so looking like it might go ahead. I think I might have forgotten how to hurt myself
    I can hurt myself on a 10, but no longer even on a 25!

Master
    I can hurt myself on a 10, but no longer even on a 25!
    I've been doing the Newbury Velo TTs on Zwift during the lockdown. Definitely type 2 fun!

Hoping to have a go at "real" one, I don't have any proper TT kit so it will just be a challenge for myself.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SimonH View Post
    I've been doing the Newbury Velo TTs on Zwift during the lockdown. Definitely type 2 fun!

Hoping to have a go at "real" one, I don't have any proper TT kit so it will just be a challenge for myself.
    That's the beauty of a time trial. It's effectively a race against yourself. Once you've got your first result you have something to beat next time.