closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Sea Master Aqua terra, what a great dial.

Sea Master Aqua terra, what a great dial.

I Have never considered Omega, but after seeing a few posts on this forum decided to see for my self at the Regents st Boutique. Really struck by how good the blue teak dial looks, especially with various lighting. What a great watch, will definitely get one in the near future. Would like to hear opinions from any owners.

This one has been calling out to me for a while. As u say you got to see it in person to appreciate the blue dial.

The AT has gathered quite a following on here. I chose the teak-opaline silver dial as I think it's the most versatile. But any of the current range would be an excellent choice.

See attached thread to really get you interested.

http://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.ph...ight=seanst150

I've tried the blue dial a few times and it really does look gorgeous whereas the grey teak dial did not do anything for me so this is going on the 'to get' list. Just deciding on whether to go 38.5mm or 41.5mm.

Every colour looks great on these. Liking the opaline with rose gold markers most at the moment.

Craftsman
    I generally don't need much encouragement to sing it's praises. It's a beautiful looking thing (imo of course).

First time I saw it in the flesh:

Love pretty much at first sight :)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Dibergio View Post
    Every colour looks great on these. Liking the opaline with rose gold markers most at the moment.

The RG on these is very nice, but I'm not sure if this one is a keeper or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Captainhowdy View Post
    The RG on these is very nice, but I'm not sure if this one is a keeper or not.
    Have you tried it on a Brown Gator? I think that really enhances the RG on these. Might make it a keeper?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SeanST150 View Post
    Have you tried it on a Brown Gator? I think that really enhances the RG on these. Might make it a keeper?

No, I do have the oem strap and clasp but I've not tried that yet, bth it is a fantastic watch in this combo. My problem is that within about a week of ownership of the AT I have ordered one new IWC Ingeniuers, and although I've reserved the black dial my first preference would have been the RG version, so do I sell the AT and change my order or stick with what I've got?
    Last edited by Captainhowdy; 22nd July 2013 at 19:01.

I have the cal.2500 Aqua Terra and often wear it on a brown gator strap ( ok so this one is cow made to look like gator but you get the idea)

Blog Entries
    Blue is rather nice:

“ Ford... you're turning into a penguin. Stop it.” HHGTTG

Curse my dyslexia!

I thought this thread was a heads-up on an Omega AT when I read 'WHAT A GREAT DEAL!"

Apprentice
    The Skyfall blue is amazing if you ask me!

Craftsman
    The Aqua Terra dial does look very nice, I would definitely get one when I can afford it.

No, I do have the oem strap and clasp but I've not tried that yet, bth it is a fantastic watch in this combo. My problem is that within about a week of ownership of the AT I have ordered one new IWC Ingeniuers, and although I've reserved the black dial my first preference would have been the RG version, so do I sell the AT and change my order or stick with what I've got?
    You could sell the AT and get the RG Ingenieur that was your preference. And as a gesture of your gratitude for my advice you could donate the OEM strap and buckle to me.

My honest opinion is keep the AT, I find it's extremely versatile. Especially if you've got both the strap and bracelet. Plus you've got the bonus of a new Ingenieur on it's way.

IMO the aqua terra is one of the nicest Omega watches out there. I was considering a purchase of an Omega Constellation with a black carbon dial as the fit of the strap was fantastic but the AT is just so damn impressive. Love the dial especially the variants of colour out there. Do think the strap looks a bit on the ordinary side but otherwise, spot on.

Quote Originally Posted by GMT2 View Post
    I Have never considered Omega, but after seeing a few posts on this forum decided to see for my self at the Regents st Boutique. Really struck by how good the blue teak dial looks, especially with various lighting. What a great watch, will definitely get one in the near future. Would like to hear opinions from any owners.
    As others have said, the AT is a bit of a current fave, and rightly so. The dial detailing is it's standout feature - it's up there with much more expensive watches IMO, but it's also comfortably thin for a modern watch.

Master
    Superb watches. The white dial takes some beating for an all rounder.

Master
    The deck dials are lovely, the blue is one of the best and radiates in the sun. Whilst the opaline looks stunning as it goes through various changes in colour.

The Omega RG AT looks better than the IWC RG Ingy which has a peachy tint dial

i don't like the black dial Ingy, the prominent sub circle makes its dial look small.

The white dial Ingy with silver hands is the best looking, classic yet sporty only wished IWC would add texture to its white dial!

imo keep the RG AT and change your reservation to white dial Ingy.

Last edited by UKWatchGuy; 23rd July 2013 at 19:10.

Master
    Im tempted to get one as well haha since I travel often, there is a duty free Omega shop every other week waiting for me....the Blue 38.5mm is perfect. Rugged with the bracelet and classy with the gator.

Blog Entries
    The Railmaster is a model from the Aqua Terra range too. No date - for a simple, clean symmetrical look. Maybe even a bit retro?

Here's my recent arrival, the 42mm.

Getting plenty of wrist time at the mo. :)

z

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    The Railmaster is a model from the Aqua Terra range too. No date - for a simple, clean symmetrical look. Maybe even a bit retro?

Here's my recent arrival, the 42mm.

Getting plenty of wrist time at the mo. :)

z
    That watch is a real classic, and a perfect size on the strap.

Quote Originally Posted by kaiserphoenix View Post
    Im tempted to get one as well haha since I travel often, there is a duty free Omega shop every other week waiting for me....the Blue 38.5mm is perfect. Rugged with the bracelet and classy with the gator.
    I found the 38.5mm the ideal size. I wonder whether the inspiration for the blue teak dial was the PP nautilus rotated 90 degrees, just a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Clarky View Post
    I have the cal.2500 Aqua Terra and often wear it on a brown gator strap ( ok so this one is cow made to look like gator but you get the idea)

I really do prefer the more understated dials of the 2500 models.
    Just classier somehow - especially in the flesh. More delicate hour batons and a cleaner, less-overdone, date window.
    Sometimes less is more I guess.
    Last edited by Umbongo; 23rd July 2013 at 22:07.

Master
    I love the blue dial soooo much. What are people's thoughts on the bracelet though as it felt rather rattley when I tried one on a while ago?

Quote Originally Posted by W44NNE View Post
    I love the blue dial soooo much. What are people's thoughts on the bracelet though as it felt rather rattley when I tried one on a while ago?
    The older 2500 AT bracelet is a bit light and has a vintage rattly feel to it which I hated at first but now I quite like it, it is a bit like the omega speedmaster 1171-1 bracelets- the best, most comfortable, cheapest rattly bracelets out there.

The 8500 bracelet is a very comfortable butterfly clasp bracelet which feels very well made, lovely and solid with a nice but not too much weight to it. I loved my AT 8500 I just wished I bought the 38.5 and not the 41.5 version so I sold it.
    I will probably end up getting another one in the future.

Tried one on again today at an AD, this is so tempting.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Viking View Post
    I generally don't need much encouragement to sing it's praises. It's a beautiful looking thing (imo of course).

First time I saw it in the flesh:

Love pretty much at first sight :)
    Oh that looks soo nice.
    Ian.

Apprentice
    Any chance that Omega might relaunch the Railmaster with an 8500 movement? Seems like a real shame it was discontinued, what with the timeless look (like the Explorer I which seems to sell very well).

Journeyman

Nice watch

Quote Originally Posted by MartynJC (UK) View Post
    Blue is rather nice:

Nice watch love then very cool watch
    Have the pro quartz can't stop wearing it

I have a the new blue teak AT so I will attest the great dial on this watch. The blue knocks the socks off of every other colour.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanderbos View Post
    Any chance that Omega might relaunch the Railmaster with an 8500 movement? Seems like a real shame it was discontinued, what with the timeless look (like the Explorer I which seems to sell very well).
    I would be all over this if it ever happened.