closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: I've just become a member of a small club

I've just become a member of a small club

And I'd like to say a quick hello to the 199 other members out there. :)

I'd also like to say thanks to Thies, (ghost dog), for selling this to me. And to Eddie for designing such a fabulous watch in the first place. :) :)

A few quick and dirty pics immediately after arrival...................

First the obligatory wrist shots.....

Back to back with an old timer....................

Certainly a step up from my other divers...................

And the moss won't be gathering on this one.................

......it's for wearing, in spite of it being in truely MINT condition.

I am one very pleased person right now. :D :D :D :D
    Best Regards - Peter

I'd hate to be with you when you're on your own.

Master
    Congratulations!

Looks in mint condition.

I was on the waiting list for this but when the time came... I thought it was too big for me and bottled out. Now that I've been a WIS for a little longer... oh well.

I won't make the same error with the Italian.

Congratulations Peter - wear your DN in health.

Cheers

Foggy

Master
    Well done Peter enjoy.
    paul. 8)

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    I bet it was well worth the wait :)

Enjoy a truely outstanding watch :)
    Cheers,

Ben

..... for I have become the Jedi of flippers

" an extravagance is anything you buy that is of no earthly use to your wife "

Ooooh. Is it all that you had imagined it to be? Welcome to the club, for however long you are a member, whether temporary or permanently.

That one is in fine condition. Wear it in great health. :)

I wish my dial and hands looked as nice as yours. I blame UV light for the fading. Enjoy it the DN is a truly unique experience especially if you wear it to WIS meets everyone wants to try it on.

Thomas Reid
    Congratulations, and enjoy.

Best wishes,
    Bob

Congrats Peter,

I can still remember opening up the box of DN 031, it was fab and I was so excited :D

Have fun and check her out on some straps, very versatile that one!!

Sanjay :)

Congrats on the new addition! Beatiful watches those...

Master
    Congratulations - it looks superb :)

Master
    Congrats on acquiring a legend watch Peter! Sure wish I had bought one when they first came out, but then I guess everyone who didn't feels the same.

At home - But They're Coming To Take Me Away Ha Ha
    Congratulations.

Cherish it. I'm one of the idiots that let mine go.
    Paul

GOT...TO...KILL...CAPTAIN STUPID!

Congratulations and enjoy!
    Dave E

Skating away on the thin ice of a new day

Congratulations Peter and if those are your quick and dirty pics I'm looking forward to seeing the ones that you've spent some time on.

Cheers

Gary

Master
    Blog Entries
    Nice one - that looks in great condition.

The DN opened my eyes to how accurate a mechanical movement can be.

my heart bleeds a little bit if i see the pics from the DN !

:shock:

Master
    Congrat and enjoy.

Many thanks for the kind wishes guys. :)

Si - Yes it is in absolutely stunning condition. Not a mark or swirl anywhere. :)

Ben - It most certaily was well worth the wait. I'd wanted one for a long long time. Wasn't around when Eddie originally launched eithe the PRS-1 or PRS-2 but was determined to get both. Got the 1 last year and had to sell a car to get the 2. But it was worth it. :)

Tom - It's all I imagined and more. From the reviews and comments I'd seen before I knew it would be good. But the condition it is in made it even better. :)

Ron - The dial and hands are spot on and the lume is superb. Not as bright as my Seiko White Knight, but excellent all the same. Guess it's not been exposed to too much light of any kind judging by its overall condition. :)

Sanjay - Looks great on the bracelet, :) but what straps would you recomend me to try if I tire of this combo?

Gary - Thanks for the kind words re the photographs. Seriously, all I did was position it in a number of locations, set the camera to AF and Apperture Priority and click away. Took over 50 photos and selected the best of them to publish. Didn't even use a tripod. :)

Thies - Love the picture, and I can understand how you feel. But hey, you can always take your frustrations out on that Mountsin Bike. :wink: :lol: :lol:

So, after a day with DN 160 what is my impression?

Well, after the initial WOW factor on opening the box the watch has grown on me. :) The engineering tolerances and finish are incredible and it is hard to imagine how anything much could be improved.

As people have said before, it is a heavy watch and this is the first thing people I've shown it to have noticed. However, it doesn't feel as heavy on the wrist as it does in the hand. Don't know why, but that's my perception.

Setting the time and date was streightforward as you'd expect and there was no discernable movement of the minute hand when pushing the crown back in. Engaging the threads to screw the crown down wasn't as easy as on my other divers and I put this down to the size and position of the crown protectors - Looking end on the bottom of the crown is level with the bottom of the protectors whilst the top of the crown extends nicely above the top of the protectors. Easthetically very pleasing, but it does impede screwing the crown down a little. :( Still, as I won't need to do this very often I think I can live with this little foible. :wink: :) :)

The dial is clean and uncluttered and very easy to read. And the date is nice and discreet. I'm glad about that as it's something I don't really need. The seconds hand is the smoothest I've seen on any of my watches with the exception of my Accutrons, but then you'd expect that. And it being black was much better than I'd anticipated as it is lost in the background when you quickly glance at the time, but easily located if I need to be precise to the second - which of course, in normal opperation, I don't. :)

Perhaps the one thing that did surprise me is the height. Yes, I know it's listed in the specs, but it's only when you put it on the wrist that you realise just how 'tall' it is. I certainly wouldn't like to wear it under a cuff. But then, now that I'm retired, it's likely that I won't have to very often anyway. :) :)

Am I glad I bought it?

You bet I am. Though I'd have been even happier if I'd been around to get one at Eddies original purchase price. :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Does that comment mean I begrudge paying what I did for it, knowing the original purchase price?

Nope, not one single penny. I'm amazed that Eddie could sell it and make a profit at the original price. It feels more substantial and useable than a lot of watches in the same category by big name manufacturers costing much more than I paid. And it's more unique into the bargain. :) :) :) :)

So, after one day, I'm still one very pleased person. :D :D :D :D
    Best Regards - Peter

I'd hate to be with you when you're on your own.

Excellent

A Really great watch, ur up there with the elite now :-D