TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Heads up is this conman at it again NORMAN FOWLER

Banned

Heads up is this conman at it again NORMAN FOWLER

link http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ROLEX-DEEP...item4174987476

Ebay took the above listing down

this one is for the ended listing

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ROLEX-DEEP...p2047675.l2557

The ebay listing is new so I don't know if the guy listing the wanted add is still hunting him or it's a new con he suffered recently.

He was active in 2011 on Rolex forum, AV forum, Watchseek and a few others Ebay being his prefered hunting ground.

list of cons http://www.normanfowlerconman.co.uk/...r-forum-scams/

He's been inactive for a while so he may be awakening and hitting forums again I hope not.

If ebay take that down it's here

Regards all Mark
    Last edited by Fords; 30th June 2013 at 20:00.

Master
    Thanks for the heads up. I've been scammed in the past and it's one of the worst feelings I've ever had. Can't imagine losing £5.5k!!

Perhaps there needs to be something dedicated on the net to exposing such con artists especially with high end items as this is going on so much these days. While I feel ebay is not as bad gumtree seems to be a free for all and worse still has little interest in assisting finding the con artist or retrieving the money. One thing I would say though, please please report it to the police and don't throw an ad all over the net asking for "Information" So me and my mates can go around to get my money back!

On reading that ad the chap transferred the money then arranged a F2F. Then why transfer the money in the first place....

I don't understand why it is so hard to track someone down. It appears they have every conceivable detail about him (passport, driving licence, car registration) but still can't find him.

Journeyman

police?

Wouldn't the police be able to catch this guy? Or am I being naive?

Quote Originally Posted by monochrome View Post
    Wouldn't the police be able to catch this guy? Or am I being naive?
    Normally, I'd say that catching low level con-men is pretty low on the police agenda not to bother, but it appears this guy is so prolific, he's been featured on crimewatch.

Anyhow you catch up with him and then what do you do. Ask him for your money back....

It's pretty shocking to think someone who seems to have committed so many offences, over a number of years and all over the country, can not be found and dealt with.

Thanks for the heads up though OP, useful to know about people like this!

Unless criminals like this fall into the arms of the law, I doubt they will be actively looking for him.

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

I clicked the link and it was a pic of a fat guy being sold , then clicked again the whole listing has gone?

Unless its reported to the police what would anyone like them to do about it. Have a dedicated team across the country monitoring eBay in case someone sells a dodgy Rolex?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Daveya. View Post
    I clicked the link and it was a pic of a fat guy being sold , then clicked again the whole listing has gone?

Ebay took the the listing down wonder if it was reported by POSSIBLY Norman Fowler himself eh eh.

the ended listing here

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ROLEX-DEEP...p2047675.l2557

What worries me is if he's awakened and spent the time to become members of forums with a good post count he could blitz a few sales posts all over the net. His descriptions are very convincing and he sounds like a WIS.

Sounds very convincing and if he is looking for a big sting could use the excuse of moving on a collection be careful out there.
    Last edited by Fords; 30th June 2013 at 20:03.

Banned
    Bump with new updated thread.

Master
    Seeing where the listing originated from, and language used, Norman could be getting tracked down by an organisation other than the Police's SOCU.
    I fancy his ability to walk unaided again could be extremely low.
    Depends on who he's diddled, and what connections they have, short of it being a bit of blustering by the aggrieved party.

Apprentice
    Eurgh... sorry to hear this conman is at it again...

I was scammed out of nearly £6000 worth of camera equipment back in November and the police have been absolutely useless in the matter!

I even made this website to raise awareness of Fowler and what sort of character he is: http://www.normanfowlerconman.co.uk/

It seems he operates in a few niché markets: Rolex's, High Performance Cars & High Value Electronics (my stuff was Canon dSLRs)

I'm actually in touch with a number of his victims... crazy he's got away with this sort of behaviour for so long with the police just watching him do it...

Am I alone in thinking that the Police are targeted to clear up crimes such as this? Even to the layman, this appears to be an open goal and getting a prosecution shouldn't be that difficult.
    Although no trees were harmed during the creation of this post, a large number of electrons were greatly inconvenienced.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Backward point View Post
    Am I alone in thinking that the Police are targeted to clear up crimes such as this? Even to the layman, this appears to be an open goal and getting a prosecution shouldn't be that difficult.
    Police dont do SHI*.

all they do is, give you a police reference or crime reference number, and then send you a letter 2 weeks later saying they are closing the case.

its frightning that its so "easy" to commit a crime and get away with it in this country.

Wondering why people with no interest in watches are on a watch forum?
    Blog Entries
    Perhaps the next fundraiser should be for a hitman?

So here i am minding my own business at 2am looking at the newly listed items under "Rolex" and this is the search results lol..

Someone is mad angry!....no wonder though.

Apprentice
    Got agree with Kaiser... I've actually been in touch with at least 6 previous victims and the police have done SHI....!

It's an absolute joke how easy it is to commit fraud, watch this shocking video about how easy it is to get away with fraud: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lA4R84xfLOQ

Blog Entries
    What a scumbag this fella is? Vermin in my opinion.

Master
    Around here, a fraction of the £5500 would see him kneecapped and "persuaded" ;)

I would not be happy!

D

Master
    A couple of months ago I had my IMAC stolen from work. Police reported, etc. After a couple of weeks my wife had a call from the 'new owner' who had managed to access the files and had come across my wifes contact details - he said he had bought the mac from cash converters and wanted to know if he should delete the files! Anyhow, I rang the police, gave them his phone number and details and the address of the cash converters he had bought it from. Cash converters then gave the police the name of the guy who had exchanged my IMAC for cash- a local scumbag who lives opposite my Office and has a long history of burglary.

So the police have knowledge of the (likely) thief or at very least the guy who took my IMAC into cash converters and the location of my IMAC at the address of the new owner.

They tell me that they cant do ANYTHING with either...............

Begs belief.

Quote Originally Posted by GIB984 View Post
    A couple of months ago I had my IMAC stolen from work. Police reported, etc. After a couple of weeks my wife had a call from the 'new owner' who had managed to access the files and had come across my wifes contact details - he said he had bought the mac from cash converters and wanted to know if he should delete the files! Anyhow, I rang the police, gave them his phone number and details and the address of the cash converters he had bought it from. Cash converters then gave the police the name of the guy who had exchanged my IMAC for cash- a local scumbag who lives opposite my Office and has a long history of burglary.

So the police have knowledge of the (likely) thief or at very least the guy who took my IMAC into cash converters and the location of my IMAC at the address of the new owner.

They tell me that they cant do ANYTHING with either...............

Begs belief.
    Did you inform Apple ?
    Good luck everybody. Have a good one.

Master
    Even if they can't do him for the burglary itself, they can do him for handling stolen goods at the very least - sounds like they can't be arsed to do the paperwork.
    If that was over here, there'd be less of that lackadaisical attitude, and he'd be scooped and your good samaritan would've had the iMac taken from him.