closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Nasty phoenix nato

Nasty phoenix nato

Having decided to try my LV on a grey Nato (I have a selection of Eddies but the grey is just too light for the watch IMHO) I ordered a Phoenix Admiralty grey via Amazon last week.
    The strap arrived very quickly but as to the quality - in comparison to Eddies I'm seriously underwhelmed!
    The weave is finer and initially I was very impressed. However, between the holes it has started to go a bit 'fluffy' already and the strap is so thin the end I fold over keeps slipping out of the keeper (unless I fold it so its longer than you need to on Eddies version)
    Also the steel hardware is very poorly finished in comparison. It's a real shame as the colour and finer weave look great but I just can't see myself using the strap as it irritates me how poorly made it is (marked clearly as phoenix on the buckle and looks identical to Internet pics I've seen so sure it's genuine) - anyone else had the same issue?!

All the Phoenix straps I have ever had I have been very happy with .
    Good luck everybody. Have a good one.

Maybe I got a duff one?!

Master
    Mine are different to Eddies, they're firmer and a touch thinner, but otherwise they're fine. I prefer our hosts though...

Quote Originally Posted by WingTsun View Post
    Then it's someone selling fakes. The Phoenix straps are the best of the lot, bar none, in my experience. Nothing could describe them as being thin.
    Yeah mine have been fine too. I've just ordered another from Monkeyswag.co.uk
    Last edited by TaketheCannoli; 8th July 2013 at 12:32.

Journeyman
    Have black and green ones with pvd fittings, great straps, no complaints.

You should contact Mr Phoenix . If its one of his he'd want to know . And if its a fake, he'd want to know as well .
    Good luck everybody. Have a good one.

I too was very disapointed with the quality of a Phoenix strap I recently purchased.

And just to be clear, it wasn't a fake, I purchased direct from them via their ebay account, and it wasn't one of their 'seconds' either, I paid the full price.

I found the nylon to be very stiff, so much so that it would barely rap around my wrist, the welds where the nylon was sealed were showing signs of burn marks, the nylon had practically melted into one solid peice, part of the reason it would not rap around the wrist. Not at all like the invisable welds on many other NATO's.

The hardware was polished to a high gloss finish, not what I was expecting for a strap that is supposedly supplied to the military, where any reflected light could cost a soldier his life. The anti-counterfeit laser engraving of 'Phoenix' on the buckle just makes the thing look cheap, I wish it wasn't there, would look much better without it.

In short, there are much better NATO's out there, and for less money too, I won't be buying any more from Phoenix, for what they charge I expected something much better.
    Last edited by Meinessex; 9th July 2013 at 18:53.

I have worn an Admiralty Grey on my Rolex 1680 for nearly a year and it has been no problems.

It has been worn through many different activities and has not failed me.

The only problem that I had, and that was probably more to do with the size of my wrist, is that I had to punch another hole in the strap. Which made it fit perfectly.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Topcat30093 View Post
    I have worn an Admiralty Grey on my Rolex 1680 for nearly a year and it has been no problems.

It has been worn through many different activities and has not failed me.

The only problem that I had, and that was probably more to do with the size of my wrist, is that I had to punch another hole in the strap. Which made it fit perfectly.
    Me too! Suits the 1680 perfectly IMO

Master
    I agree, use my Admiralty Grey on my 1680