closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: [Finally! Some Pictures!] Got Some Custom Dress Up For The Magrette

[Finally! Some Pictures!] Got Some Custom Dress Up For The Magrette

So I left school friday and that finally gives me time to take pictures! The first pictures of my own that I've posted here. W00P! Compared to TZ standards however, they're a bit lackluster, but it's all I've got at the moment.

Anyway, I've always had a thing for bronze/ brass watches. I love the development of patina, and generally the warm tones of colour that dominate your wrist when you have one on. A few weeks ago, I thought I would take the plunge and try and get my hands on something. I didn't have a lot to spend for this (well, not Helson diver money anyway). Luckily, I fell in love with the Magrette Regattare "bronze" as soon as I laid eyes on it. By this time, I'd just missed out on one in Sales Corner, so I wasn't happy! On the off chance of someone else having one, or something else take my fancy, I took a trip to the WTB section. I was in luck. A day or so later, I was contacted by who bought the Magrette originally.
    Skipping the rest, it arrived and by god I loved it straight away! You get an awful lot of watch for 250 quid. The Miyota movement has so far been solid, I'm most happy with the power reserve (then again, that might just be because my Seagull gives me 12 hours at best now! :D). What I wasn't happy with were the straps. Once again, I wasn't exactly keen on a large gap between the lugs and the main case, and by this point, I was already looking at custom Panerai straps. I was in awe at the look of things like the ammo pouch straps, and I knew I needed one! Unfortunately, I couldn't exactly pay half the price of the watch for one.
    Skipping again, I got in touch with a guy on Ebay who made me a 24mm cracked NATO for a very reasonable 33 quid. My first impression of how I ordered the strap is that it wears THICK. It's a 3mm thick NATO and it adds up! It's a monster on my wrist! I'm very happy with it, and I certainly think it looks a lot better than the black strap it shipped with- its red inside being my worst enemy. All I have left to do is get a brass buckle- as happy as I am with the pre- v buckle that this shipped with- I need a better match. I'm still in the honeymoon phase with the watch, but now I'm just waiting for it all to settle in and continue developing patina! It's a joy to own, and it really does wear BIG!

So, on to photos!

Alessandro

Banned
    Blog Entries
    the aging of that case and the leather nato are something else, very nice match

Master
    That's a very nice watch and the strap does match in but that strap is huge!

I've never seen a thick leather NATO-style strap before. That must stand about an inch off your wrist! Looks good in bronze too!

Journeyman
    I think you've done a cracking job of photographing a great watch. Very nice.

Well done on getting what you wanted and posting nice pics :)

To me.. the strap looks too thick. The stack of leather in the keeper above the head (last shot) seems to really unbalance it visually - its all strap, no watch. I can't imagine a shirt cuff sliding over that too easily either.

However, it's your watch so carry right on and enjoy it :)

Thanks guys. That strap is how I ordered it and I'll be honest, I did have a bit of trouble getting it through the spring bars! :D
    It certainly looks more balanced when seen in person. I'm thinking I just had a bit of a crazy moment and went for something giant. Doesn't lessen my love for it! ;)

That is a behemoth of a strap. But it does look good. I hope you enjoy it.

Great watch and great photos Alessandro, I hope you bring it to the September GTG. The brown leather NATO looks great with the "bronze"case!

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lammylee View Post
    Great watch and great photos Alessandro, I hope you bring it to the September GTG. The brown leather NATO looks great with the "bronze"case!
    September GTG? hope its in London, could think of nothing better in my birthday month

I like the combination but I am a sucker for thick leather straps......

Great pics and a lovely watch. I agree with the above. The leather and ageing of the case complement each other very well indeed.

Enjoy it! (in good health) - sorry couldn't resist :-)

Blog Entries
    Good pics Alessandro...

Personally I think a two piece leather may wear better, but at 40 comlared to you I'm an old fart and not up with latest young 'un fashions!

Not sure if you can see SC or not? But Gunscrossed has a great strap with Bronze buckle on there at the mo...

Rob

Thanks everyone. I can see SC, just can't post it. My permissions for now end at being able to PM people in SC and posting in WTB.

Young'un fashion? *shudder* :D

Craftsman
    Love your watch and the photographs are excellent and put mine to shame.

Congratulations - wear and enjoy

Journeyman
    Lovely looking watch! The strap is HuGe! Lol

Like the watch and the straps👍👍

Quote Originally Posted by Alessandro View Post
    So I left school friday and that finally gives me time to take pictures! The first pictures of my own that I've posted here. W00P! Compared to TZ standards however, they're a bit lackluster, but it's all I've got at the moment.

Anyway, I've always had a thing for bronze/ brass watches. I love the development of patina, and generally the warm tones of colour that dominate your wrist when you have one on. A few weeks ago, I thought I would take the plunge and try and get my hands on something. I didn't have a lot to spend for this (well, not Helson diver money anyway). Luckily, I fell in love with the Magrette Regattare "bronze" as soon as I laid eyes on it. By this time, I'd just missed out on one in Sales Corner, so I wasn't happy! On the off chance of someone else having one, or something else take my fancy, I took a trip to the WTB section. I was in luck. A day or so later, I was contacted by who bought the Magrette originally.
    Skipping the rest, it arrived and by god I loved it straight away! You get an awful lot of watch for 250 quid. The Miyota movement has so far been solid, I'm most happy with the power reserve (then again, that might just be because my Seagull gives me 12 hours at best now! :D). What I wasn't happy with were the straps. Once again, I wasn't exactly keen on a large gap between the lugs and the main case, and by this point, I was already looking at custom Panerai straps. I was in awe at the look of things like the ammo pouch straps, and I knew I needed one! Unfortunately, I couldn't exactly pay half the price of the watch for one.
    Skipping again, I got in touch with a guy on Ebay who made me a 24mm cracked NATO for a very reasonable 33 quid. My first impression of how I ordered the strap is that it wears THICK. It's a 3mm thick NATO and it adds up! It's a monster on my wrist! I'm very happy with it, and I certainly think it looks a lot better than the black strap it shipped with- its red inside being my worst enemy. All I have left to do is get a brass buckle- as happy as I am with the pre- v buckle that this shipped with- I need a better match. I'm still in the honeymoon phase with the watch, but now I'm just waiting for it all to settle in and continue developing patina! It's a joy to own, and it really does wear BIG!

So, on to photos!

Love the watch and the strap .... such a good match

Alessandro

Craftsman
    Looks great Alessandro, love the bronze and leather combo!

Quote Originally Posted by soundood View Post
    September GTG? hope its in London, could think of nothing better in my birthday month
    You going to pay for the mini bus??

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Neely8 View Post
    You going to pay for the mini bus??
    I will take it, its no were near London then

Didn't expect this back! :D

Thanks again for the comments. Zulu would have been good had I not wanted a marking at the end. Otherwise, I love the thickness! :p

Quote Originally Posted by Alessandro View Post

Alessandro
    Fabulous combination! Is the crown in steel?

Yep! Still not too bad though.

Lovely! Well done on some good pictures. I had one of these watches a while back. Sadly moved it on recently but they are a lovely piece. Enjoy it!

I think that I recognise the logo. Is the eBay seller carlottin1 from Spain?

Looks great btw.

Like the watch&strap.

Quote Originally Posted by jpjsavage View Post
    Lovely! Well done on some good pictures. I had one of these watches a while back. Sadly moved it on recently but they are a lovely piece. Enjoy it!
    Thanks! This was love at first sight for me while I was looking for something in brass.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shuggy View Post
    I think that I recognise the logo. Is the eBay seller carlottin1 from Spain?

Looks great btw.
    It is indeed! He made it for me at the same price as the 20mm NATOs he normally has listed and has done an awesome job. I can't fault the work he's done for me on this one.
    Quote Originally Posted by festa uk View Post
    Like the watch&strap.
    Thank you!