closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: New Arrival - Speedie Ed White

New Arrival - Speedie Ed White

Didn't know what one of these was a couple of weeks ago, but now I do and I'm very pleased. Had a couple of Speedmasters before but never really took to them 100%. Saw this one and couldn't resist. Now I know what I was missing

Apart from the strap everything is original and in lovely aged condition. I'll be keeping this one. Promise.

God, I was so close to buying that watch, my tummy just turned a bit. Absolutely fantastic, although I'd get it on a darker strap if it were my decision.

Hi

A really lovely example of a 105.003....and these 321's are a joy to wind.

I've got a rare early SS Omega Bracelet & some 19mm end pieces to fit this if you fancied a change of strap

Enjoy !

Best - Neil

Craftsman
    You enjoy it, I would, stunning watch!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    Absolutely fantastic, although I'd get it on a darker strap if it were my decision.
    Ditto.

Thanks for the comments. I like the strap, but I'll experiment with some others no doubt.

LTF - I agonised over it for about a week. It wasn't the cheapest, but not sure I'd find another that ticked all the boxes very easily.

Journeyman
    Get thee behind me!

I'd love to get a Speedie, even went to the local AD to try on on. Sadly, other things to spend the money on just now.

Thanks for the photo's. Looks like a very good example and if it were mine it would be a keeper.

That is simply top notch

I like the strap color, it matches the nicely yellowed markers - that exact same color strap in an ostrich skin would be a killer combo.

Journeyman
    That's a beauty, enjoy.

Apprentice
    Great watch! Congrats!

Quote Originally Posted by Jdh1 View Post
    Thanks for the comments. I like the strap, but I'll experiment with some others no doubt.

LTF - I agonised over it for about a week. It wasn't the cheapest, but not sure I'd find another that ticked all the boxes very easily.
    I think its always worth paying a bit more for quality. This one looks great.

Question about Ed White Speedies...

A very good day to you all !

I read this post and decided to pick the collective brain once again...
    Please tell me how exactly an Ed White differs from a normal pre-moon Speedy; case, pushers, back, numbers, whatever...
    I thank you all from the bottom of my heart for your valuable input; as always.

Regards,

Marc

Beautiful watch, congratulations. Don't listen to any kind of strap advice from Tony though...
    "A man of little significance"

Quote Originally Posted by majstro View Post

Please tell me how exactly an Ed White differs from a normal pre-moon Speedy; case, pushers, back, numbers, whatever...

Regards,

Marc
    easy,straight lugs(no crown guard), small 4mm pushers 105.003 case number no professional script on the dial. Pre professional as opposed to just pre moon.
    Last edited by simonsays; 13th June 2013 at 12:27.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by majstro View Post

Regards,

Marc
    I'd suggest downloading the pdf attched to this post on WatchUSeek by the late Chuck Maddox, an internationallly recognised and sadly missed Speedmaster expert, which should explain the evolution and differences of the pre and post Professional iterations of the Speedie

http://forums.watchuseek.com/f45/spe...-a-215587.html

Cheers

Ian

Lovely example jdh1, is it a 64 or 65 (or possibly a 66?? not sure if they went beyond a 65?). Love the patina, looks like a real keeper.

Quote Originally Posted by tomsdad View Post
    Lovely example jdh1, is it a 64 or 65 (or possibly a 66?? not sure if they went beyond a 65?). Love the patina, looks like a real keeper.
    I'm told it's a '65 by a man who knows. I think they were just 63 to 65, but I'm no expert. Definitely going nowhere, this one.

Craftsman
    Beautiful!

So this would confirm mine as an Ed White
    uploadfromtaptalk1372527521791.jpg

???
    Thanks for your reply,

Regards,

Marc

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by majstro; 29th June 2013 at 19:03.

Blog Entries
    Very nice indeed... Enjoy!

Stunning watch... Simply put

Master
    OP that's stunning and would love to own that, but have to agree with Tony ( learningtofly) about the strap.
    Its very good but have just received this for my Broadarrow PRS5 and for a tenner might be worth a try.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2908457803...84.m1439.l2649

Majstro, very limited knowledge on these but it looks like an ed white to me but the insert does not appear to have the dot over 90
    and the 275 is further away from the 300 than on ones I have seen so may be a replacement. Always thought that pre pro speedies were
    slightly smaller than moon watches so how would a bezel insert replacement fit. Happy to be shot down by others that know.

Blog Entries
    Hopefully one of the experts, (Tom, Webvan, Keith etc...) will be along, but I've been looking into these recently Marc and the 105.003 ref is right, the dial looks right, (T Swiss T) the case looks right - I'd say it was an 'Ed White' model! The bezel is a service replacement though...

AFAiK The difference in case diameter is only down the the addition of the crown guards, the bezel dia is the same on this and later models...

But don't be too surprised if I get corrected!

Rob

Journeyman
    Wow! Congrats!

Great! Thanks for your help!
    I'll try to source an original insert but I guess those aren't easy to find and quite expensive .
    It runs beautifully so it is on my wrist a lot now. The inscription in the back says. ST 1003.005-65
    Does that mean it's from '65 then?
    Regards,
    Marc

Blog Entries
    Case back marked '65 indicates the date of manufacture of the case. You can check the movement number against tables also to get a date...

I understand that often there may be a discrepancy between the two, but this could just be a time gap between the case and movement originally being married up in the factory...

If it had papers the original selling date may be later again - depends how long it was sat in the shop! Things like this make buying a 'birth year' watch fun!

Cheers,

Rob

Journeyman

Excellent

I've also never been the biggest Speedy fan, but when Omega decided to release a reedition of the old one I finally got the Speedy bug. The asymmetrical case of pretty much every Speedy is somehow not that appealing to me. But the old and reedition with symmetrical case do the trick.

Congrats! Wear your Speedy in good health

UPDATE

Hi all,

Just a short update to let you know some good news. My brother just informed me he still has the Original bezel for the above-shown Speedy...
    He took it off and replaced it because it wasn't in perfect shape...but it is really in very good condition!
    I will post a pic when the old bezel is in place.
    Regards,

Marc

Great watch, enjoy it.

I've got a Speedy Ed White as well and its size and the lack of crownguards makes it ideal to me.