closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: New guy checking in

Journeyman

New guy checking in

I’d like to introduce myself as a newbie to the site and look forward to joining in on the topical debate with fellow watch enthusiasts.

I’ve been interested in watches for a while and finally took the plunge with my first ‘proper’ watch last year, a Bremont U-2. I’d had my heart set on a Panerai until I discovered Bremont and fell for the brand and the fact that they're a British company. Things didn’t work out with the U-2 though as there was something about it that wasn’t quite right for me (the dial felt a bit flat), so I sold it and bought a white dial Solo which I’m much happier with…for now at least!

I’d like to start building up a collection of pieces and can see a diver in my future such as a Supermarine S2000 or an Omega PO 8500. I’m also a fan of the Schofield Signalman for something a bit different and think the Speedy Dark Side Of the Moon looks pretty special. At the moment I’m looking for a low cost daily beater, something that I can wear for my other passion in life, cycling (road and mountain), so would welcome any suggestions.

Cheers for now.

Here's a picture of my Solo on a Gas Gas Bones Zero Zero...perfect for the summer.

Apprentice
    Welcome fellow noob

Judging by your watch you have quite different tastes to mine currently, but I'll throw a suggestion for rugged watches at you anyway - Seiko SKA / SKZ series watches. Look great and can take a daily beating IME

Welcome aboard. Enjoy your time here.

Welcome, the Bremont on the green ggb looks great! My beater is a Precista PRS-10 although they are now sold out, check out the Precista PRS-18Q for a combined diver/rugged watch.

Welcome aboard.

Is it just me or has the colour rubbed off the 8 and 10 markers?

Journeyman
    Hello and welcome. Sounds like you have great taste in watches IMHO

Welcome to tz! I always wear a g-shock when cycling. If i fall off am not going to be too upset if it breaks!

Banned
    Blog Entries
    welcome, from a fellow newbie

Journeyman
    Welcome, I might see you at the Great Manchester Cycle Ride in a few weeks.

Journeyman
    Thanks for the warm welcome fellas and some great suggestions to look into, much appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by martyn3000 View Post

Is it just me or has the colour rubbed off the 8 and 10 markers?
    The colour hasn't rubbed off, it's just the light on the dial. The markers are applied silver but can look black in certain light conditions which I like.

Quote Originally Posted by Deploderer View Post
    Welcome, I might see you at the Great Manchester Cycle Ride in a few weeks.
    I'm planning on doing the Manchester ride but haven't entered yet...keep meaning to so may see you there.

Welcome, I notice you live in Altrincham. I lived there last year for about 5 months in the Budenberg apartments on the Canal. Moved back south now for warmer weather.

Like your Bremont Solo, I really like Bremont but haven't taken the plunge yet, im still in the middle of a new purchase.

As for a beater why not a G-Shock, there's a lot of info on here and a lot of fans.

Cheers

James

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by champagne_james View Post
    Welcome, I notice you live in Altrincham. I lived there last year for about 5 months in the Budenberg apartments on the Canal. Moved back south now for warmer weather.

Like your Bremont Solo, I really like Bremont but haven't taken the plunge yet, im still in the middle of a new purchase.

As for a beater why not a G-Shock, there's a lot of info on here and a lot of fans.

Cheers

James
    Thanks James, I see you live in a much warmer and probably drier place now! I live just round the corner from the Budenberg and sometimes go for bike rides along the canal path there.

A G-Shock has already been mentioned so I'm definitely going to check them out as that would probably suit my needs without breaking the bank - I quite like the look of some of the Luminox range too. Cheers.