closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Festina?

Journeyman

Festina?

Being an avid Cycling fan I can't help but drool over the repeated advertising for Festina watches. Are they any good? Would they make a good beater or are they better than that?

Master
    They seem to use respectable enough Miyota movements, but appear on the face of it to be little more than an over-hyped and over-priced fashion brand in the vein of Armani etc. I've checked out some of their offerings in local stores and was not impressed at all. But that's a matter of personal taste.

When I lived in Italy my girlfriend's father was a jeweller and he stocked Festina. Whenever I held one, I always thought they felt cheap, and looked a bit busy and gaudy to my eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Deploderer View Post
    Being an avid Cycling fan.....
    I'm an avid cycling fan too....or was.....I think I'd rather have a turd draped across my wrist than a brand with the name synonymous with the second biggest drugs scandal in the sport....and that drug cheating cry baby!! Plus they look crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    I think I'd rather have a turd draped across my wrist than a brand with the name synonymous with the second biggest drugs scandal in the sport....and that drug cheating cry baby!! Plus they look crap.
    Get off the fence man FFS

Not for me either.
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    I'm an avid cycling fan too....or was.....I think I'd rather have a turd draped across my wrist than a brand with the name synonymous with the second biggest drugs scandal in the sport....and that drug cheating cry baby!! Plus they look crap.
    So...is that a NO then?

.....I agree with all you said btw

Journeyman
    Seems I've been blinded by the power of advertising. Anyone who can come up with this;

Needs to be given a wide berth.
    Thank you for your considered input chaps. Rob, could you be a little clearer next time please.
    Last edited by Deploderer; 26th May 2013 at 09:57. Reason: To include image!

Craftsman
    I have one. I never wear it.

It's not awful, but my tastes changed very quickly after my early start to watch collecting, and I no longer like large watches.

Craftsman
    Just come back from Majorca and nearly all the Jewellers seem to have them for sale, Had a good look at them but to be honest they all seemed like too busy a design and only average quality for the price.

I was not tempted even for a cheaper beater.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Deploderer View Post
    Seems I've been blinded by the power of advertising. Anyone who can come up with this;

Needs to be given a wide berth.
    Thank you for your considered input chaps. Rob, could you be a little clearer next time please.
    Oh ,my !
    What is this? A lemon?

I'm not a fan either. Way overpriced compared to what you are getting compared to Seiko for example.

Blog Entries
    I always thougt a Festina was an icecream of sorts.........

Daddel.
    Got a new watch, divers watch it is, had to drown the bastard to get it!

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Not a fan of Festina. But I am not supposed to be. Their watches are not aimed at watch enthusiasts and consequentially the hideous styles would leave us cold.
    But as a group they are very active and important. They own Soprod an extremely good movement and module maker for some surprisingly high end watches. They own Perrelet who make some very fine watches.
    They also own L Leroy. Not to my taste but also some fine watches.

Journeyman
    Funnily enough the wife of one of the guys who works for me has just asked my advice as apparently he wants one for his birthday. I bit my lip about what I think of them - "each to their own" - but I did say I'd see if anyone on here had any advice about a reliable (and 'cheap') source could be found in the UK. I know Watchdepot sell them but anyone got any ideas about other UK sources?