closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: B&R Flight Instruments Collection

Banned

B&R Flight Instruments Collection

B&R is a brand I've never explored, I do like their 'classic/vintage' officers watch type offering, but apart from that, never really investigated.

However.. this collection is kinda cool.. seems pricey.. but aren't all these things..

http://uncrate.com/stuff/bell-ross-f...ollectors-box/

Apprentice
    I want to like them - as an aviation buff I should be right in the middle of the target group, at least as regards the look - but I think there's something a bit naff about them. Given that I've got (eg.) a set of coasters with the same basic six instruments on, I think it's to do with having a dial that's designed for a non-timekeeping purpose being used as a clock face.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrustvector View Post
    I want to like them - as an aviation buff I should be right in the middle of the target group, at least as regards the look - but I think there's something a bit naff about them. Given that I've got (eg.) a set of coasters with the same basic six instruments on, I think it's to do with having a dial that's designed for a non-timekeeping purpose being used as a clock face.
    Let's see the coasters.. they sound great!

Master
    I'd rather buy a set of actual aircraft instruments and put them on display - might even be cheaper!

Apprentice
    The coasters I've got are similar to these: http://www.mypilotstore.com/MyPilotStore/sep/672 - their main drawback is that my favourite bucket-sized tea mug is too big to fit them...

And I'd second buying actual instruments - I've got a vintage RAF machometer that I put in a bookend frame; it cost me about a tenner on eBay.

Master
    Do B&R actually produce any instrumentation for aircraft though? I don't see why they'd produce stuff like this if not.

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by chicaneuk View Post
    Do B&R actually produce any instrumentation for aircraft though? I don't see why they'd produce stuff like this if not.
    Why not? There's a ready market. If they didn't, someone else would!
    ...but what do I know; I don't even like watches!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ach5 View Post
    I'd rather buy a set of actual aircraft instruments and put them on display - might even be cheaper!
    If you have 4K in euros to spare pop over to gisbert Joseph and click military there is a full set from junghams.
    Paul.

They are doing a one-off orange version for the Only Watch Auction:

Via http://instagram.com/simoncudd

I prefer the orange version and think a couple of them are nice but feel they need to come up with something new