closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: My new purchase

My new purchase

Had a call last week whilst away that a watch I'd ordered was waiting at the AD for me.

Having seen it reviewed in Octane last year and subsequently seeing a number of other pictures and reviews, I absolutely loved the vintage look of the face, and the worn look of the leather strap. It's not to everyone's taste I know - but if we all the the same thing the world would be a very boring place !

So what is it ?

Having never owned a Tudor, I wanted to really have a good look and feel of the watch before I parted with my money - and I cannot say I was disappointed.

The Black Bay on the leather strap, does not feel as heavy to wear as my Rolex GMT2, although being 40mm instead of 38mm it does wear slightly larger on the wrist.

I love the details. The Tudor rose instead of the usual shield. The flash of colour under the winder. The snowflake hour hand. The deep red hue of the bezel.

A few years ago I sold a brand new Omega Speedmaster Pro as I couldn't live with a watch without a date window - going into a meeting I automatically look at the date on my watch for my notes. The Black Bay will be my weekend or casual watch - so I don't need to write notes and can live without the date.

I have to say that so far, I am very happy - and even my wife commented on how nice it was (after I bought it) :D

Craftsman
    If only they made them a little bit bigger (and I had the money) - stunning watch!

Quote Originally Posted by Utred View Post
    If only they made them a little bit bigger (and I had the money) - stunning watch!
    Thanks. It really is a beauty.

If they had made it any bigger it would have looked silly on my girlie wrists ! I had to move the strap to the last but one hole as it was . . . . .

Master
    I like them very much. I also think that 40mm is just right.

Congrats!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Halfpenny View Post
    The Black Bay on the leather strap, does not feel as heavy to wear as my Rolex GMT2, although being 40mm instead of 38mm it does wear slightly larger on the wrist.
    Very nice indeed.

As a note, the GMT2 is 40mm and the BB is 41mm.

Lovely watch. The strap/clasp combo is particularly nice as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonesey View Post
    Very nice indeed.

As a note, the GMT2 is 40mm and the BB is 41mm.
    Bugger - you learn something new every day ! Even the AD told me the Black Bay was a 40mm watch. Thanks.

Craftsman
    Aaarrrgghhh another Black Bay and I've nowhere near enough saved to bag mine yet!. Stunning watch and my next purchase without doubt.
    Love everything about this watch....enjoy yours and wrist shot by any chance?

Quote Originally Posted by Desert_Weasel View Post
    Aaarrrgghhh another Black Bay and I've nowhere near enough saved to bag mine yet!. Stunning watch and my next purchase without doubt.
    Love everything about this watch....enjoy yours and wrist shot by any chance?
    Crappy iPhone shot - not sure if this gives you what you wanted ?

Banned
    Blog Entries
    looks fantastic on the leather and deployment, enjoy

Journeyman
    amazing watch and a perfect strap for this watch. I just love the vintage look. I think i will try one on this weekend, might go straight to the top of my wishlist

Master
    That is a gorgeous looking watch and is growing on me

Craftsman
    Crappy iPhone shot - not sure if this gives you what you wanted ?

Cheers, tried one on a few times now, was sooooo close to picking one up a few months back but things changed this, that & the other I ended up with a Breitling.
    Anyway how comfortable is the watch/strap after a few hours wear? Seemed very good to me but I only wore it for 5 minutes.

Craftsman
    Congratulations, love the BB. I think there must be some sort of a mistake though as it seems to be on the wrong wrist!

Cheers, tried one on a few times now, was sooooo close to picking one up a few months back but things changed this, that & the other I ended up with a Breitling.
    Anyway how comfortable is the watch/strap after a few hours wear? Seemed very good to me but I only wore it for 5 minutes.
    It's really comfortable. No unnecessary movement and doesn't make the wrist sweat - although it's not exactly summertime :D

Not sure if over time the leather will "give" - only time will tell I guess.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Phil0886 View Post
    Congratulations, love the BB. I think there must be some sort of a mistake though as it seems to be on the wrong wrist!
    LOL - I'm a "lefty" so have always worn my watch on the "right" wrist.

Journeyman
    Congrats, very nice indeed.

Cracking looking watch,would love to see and feel one of these in the flesh.

Master
    Drool-worthy strap indeed.

Craftsman
    Did the watch come with the spare nylon strap? Reason I ask is I was looking at one here in Saudi over the weekend and when I asked about the spare strap he said he didn't know if it did.
    I was under the impression that it did come with the optional strap... Anyway, he's going to ring me back this weekend (not holding my breath ).

Master
    Blog Entries
    As soon as the first picture came of the box into view I thought it was going to be good and I wasn't disappointed! Thanks for pointing out the details - eg the Tudor rose has passed me by beforehand. Lovely watch!

Apprentice
    I'd not noticed the signed crown before; out of my price range, alas, but a lovely watch.

Craftsman
    Tudor are bringing out some lovely watches. That looks great on you.

I quite fancy the new chrono shown as Basel.....or a vintage blue snowflake would be nice

Did the watch come with the spare nylon strap? Reason I ask is I was looking at one here in Saudi over the weekend and when I asked about the spare strap he said he didn't know if it did.
    I was under the impression that it did come with the optional strap... Anyway, he's going to ring me back this weekend (not holding my breath ).
    Hi DW - yeah comes with a plain black NATO type strap in the box.

Interestingly mine also came with spare spring bars fitted in the NATO. I have read from others that theirs did not. Dunno if I just got lucky but lovely anyway

Quote Originally Posted by jimmer42 View Post
    Tudor are bringing out some lovely watches. That looks great on you.

I quite fancy the new chrono shown as Basel.....or a vintage blue snowflake would be nice
    Thanks very much. 2 weeks in and not taken it off :)

Agree about the new Heritage Chrono from Basel - lovely colours, but I didn't "feel" the Heritage like I do the Black Bay.

The Black Bay is certainly on my list for the future, probably on leather as well, it certainly compliments the whole character of the piece on the leather.
    A great looking watch there, gratz!
    Wear it in good health!

Absolutely stunning, congratulations!

Really interested in Tudors offerings from last year. Still have one eye on the Pelagos.

James

A classic!

Master
    Lovely piece. Congratulations.

Craftsman
    Hi DW - yeah comes with a plain black NATO type strap in the box.

Interestingly mine also came with spare spring bars fitted in the NATO. I have read from others that theirs did not. Dunno if I just got lucky but lovely anyway
    Thanks for clearing that up, was certain It did. Result with the spring bars... Enjoy that great watch.

That's a beauty. I'd take that over a Submariner any day of the week. Enjoy.