closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Used Watch Dealers in Manchester

Hybrid View

Craftsman

Used Watch Dealers in Manchester

I know of Goldmanns in St Ann's Arcade and Arthur Kay on St Ann's Square but does anybody know of any other dealers selling used watches in the city centre?

Cheers

Dan

Rockefellers usually have quite a selection of AP, Richard Mille and the odd Panerai and Rolex. Worth a look.

Master
    My gf sent me a photo of a new one near Kendals - The Cheshire Watch Company. She even told me they had Rolex, Panerai and Audemars Piguet so I'll have a look next time I'm in town. Have been in Rockefellers twice and while I haven't bought they were patient and professional which isn't always the experience in such places!

Ant

Master
    I think this is a big failing of the 'new' city centre; since redevelopment decent independent shops are hard to find.

I think Arthur Kay is OK, but expensive and liberal with it's concept of 'mint condition'. My big problem is with Goldmanns who have a good range but are even more expensive and don't seem to - how can I put this - frankly care about the watches. I remeber once looking at a racing Speedy and the cretin who showed it me comment that it was "nice and heavy". Sigh.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by redsox78 View Post
    I think this is a big failing of the 'new' city centre; since redevelopment decent independent shops are hard to find.

I think Arthur Kay is OK, but expensive and liberal with it's concept of 'mint condition'. My big problem is with Goldmanns who have a good range but are even more expensive and don't seem to - how can I put this - frankly care about the watches. I remeber once looking at a racing Speedy and the cretin who showed it me comment that it was "nice and heavy". Sigh.
    Yeah, agree with that about the 'new' city centre.

Goldmanns are expensive, and I'd guess you are talking about the smaller grey haired bloke with the most Manc accent in the universe? I understand the other bigger guy (Pete?) knows his stuff a bit more, but I don't particularly like going in there either. Difficult to put my finger on it but there's often a bit of a 'moody' undercurrent in there.

Master
    Hi Dan.
    I replied to your thread on RLT as well but just remembered one at the top of Oldham Street. A lot of Frankens in there but there are a few nice bits amongst the junk.
    I can't remember the name. I think it's up near the Frog & Bucket but might be imagining that!

Quote Originally Posted by redsox78 View Post

Was it the little bearded rat-man who stands in the doorway peering at people? Ive had two unpleasant experiences in goldmans - one that nearly ended very badly for rat-man that Ive already mentioned on this forum before.
    What astonished me on an earlier visit was the look of abject panic on the face of one of the other salescreatures when I turned the bezel on a seadweller I had asked to examine. It was honestly as though Id just taken a powertool to the caseback...
    Their prices aren't the best either.

Pete in Goldmanns is an awesome guy, although prices are a little high there, box and papers with each watch is nice though. :) I was dangerously close to buying myself a 1957 when I went on my birthday. :D
    Apart from there, all I know of is Arthur Kay, which weren't great themselves and when I went, the Omega prices were through the roof. The man serving me wasn't exactly helpful either.

I'd also like to know of some more places for next time I go. Places dealing with a lot of Omega stock would be preferable too, it seems anywhere in Manchester automatically has higher prices when there's a good Rolex stock int he window. :p