closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Cheapest place to buy a Zenith El Primero?

Apprentice

Cheapest place to buy a Zenith El Primero?

Hey guys. Been following the forum and reading up for a while, and finally feel ready to commit to a half decent watch to start my collection. I've settled on the Zenith El Primero 38mm, as here http://www.zenith-watches.com/en_en/...inal-1969.html.

Just wondering if anybody knew the cheapest place to get hold of one, with the manufacturer's warranty intact? I spoke to Xupes (http://www.xupes.com/Watches/Product...H-SS-Mens.html) where it is on sale for £4000, and I've been assured it comes with the Zenith warranty.

Other than that, I'm off to the states in a few weeks time, but having done some checking I can't find it available for any less than the UK dealer price. If anybody's got any suggestions, that'd be very much appreciated. Cheers.

Have a look on Chronotrader. There's a nice Zenith on there, may or may not still have the warranty but it's a Striking 10th and a much better buy. The seller is pretty good too.
    "A man of little significance"

Quote Originally Posted by Foxy100 View Post
    Have a look on Chronotrader. There's a nice Zenith on there, may or may not still have the warranty but it's a Striking 10th and a much better buy. The seller is pretty good too.
    This is actually the one to go for... no affiliation with the seller

Banned
    thats a nice El Primero there, Having dealt with xupes, I can assure that they are great guys, and they did give me a little discount on a ladies chopard after a little chat, good luck on your search mate

Apprentice
    Thanks guys. The Striking 10 is an awesome looking watch, but I think the 38mm suits my wrist more. Also I managed to get a cheap, official Zenith steel bracelet for the 38mm version which has kinda committed me.

I'll have a hunt about, but may well end up going down the Xupes route if nothing else comes up. I rang the Tag Bicester village store (strangely an AD for Zenith) but they haven't got any in either, other than a platinum Striking 10, but at £14k way out of my price range.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    This is actually the one to go for... no affiliation with the seller
    Brilliant looking watch. I have the steel bracelet for the 38mm, and I think I could get the 38mm in leather for a bit less £4000 which is my price limit really. If there was any way of getting a Striking 10 with both the leather and steel bracelets for the £4k mark, I'd be sold.

All the best with the sale, I'm sure you won't have trouble shifting it.

Quote Originally Posted by rabh View Post
    I rang the Tag Bicester village store (strangely an AD for Zenith) but they haven't got any in either, other than a platinum Striking 10, but at £14k way out of my price range.
    They had a SS Striking Tenth at £4300 and a DLC version for about £5500 in there last Friday. Had my nose pressed against the glass for a while until the mrs dragged me off to look at more bloody handbags!

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by CH47Driver View Post
    They had a SS Striking Tenth at £4300 and a DLC version for about £5500 in there last Friday. Had my nose pressed against the glass for a while until the mrs dragged me off to look at more bloody handbags!
    Really! That's annoying, as I rang them a few weeks ago, and then again this week and both times they told me they hadn't had any deliveries in since Christmas, and that the platinum was the only El Primero in stock. I assume it wasn't the Stratos version with the large case? If not I wonder if it is still there. As it's an hour away can't really get time to go look in person.

Really! That's annoying, as I rang them a few weeks ago, and then again this week and both times they told me they hadn't had any deliveries in since Christmas, and that the platinum was the only El Primero in stock. I assume it wasn't the Stratos version with the large case? If not I wonder if it is still there. As it's an hour away can't really get time to go look in person.
    If it makes you feel better, they were both Stratos versions... Things of wonder though!

Quote Originally Posted by TimeMatters View Post
    thats a nice El Primero there, Having dealt with xupes, I can assure that they are great guys, and they did give me a little discount on a ladies chopard after a little chat, good luck on your search mate
    Another positive experience with Xupes here. They were prepared to negotiate with me on price.

First post - go gentle with me.

Apologies for taking a while to reply - the registration process took some time.

Hey guys. Been following the forum and reading up for a while, and finally feel ready to commit to a half decent watch to start my collection. I've settled on the Zenith El Primero 38mm, as here http://www.zenith-watches.com/en_en/...inal-1969.html.

Just wondering if anybody knew the cheapest place to get hold of one, with the manufacturer's warranty intact?
    I actually own one of these, got it for 30% off MSRP in Selfridges in their "sale". A colleague got 50% (IIRC) off a Captain annual calendar chrono in Harrods on Boxing Day. Beautiful object for silly money.

The bottom line is that despite their quality Zenith aren't the most fashionable of brands, so prices can be pretty soft. Bide your time and you may well get a very good deal.

Cheers,

/g

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Gyroscope View Post
    First post - go gentle with me.

Apologies for taking a while to reply - the registration process took some time.

I actually own one of these, got it for 30% off MSRP in Selfridges in their "sale". A colleague got 50% (IIRC) off a Captain annual calendar chrono in Harrods on Boxing Day. Beautiful object for silly money.

The bottom line is that despite their quality Zenith aren't the most fashionable of brands, so prices can be pretty soft. Bide your time and you may well get a very good deal.

Cheers,

/g
    Ah brilliant. Definitely gives me some hope, and I'm happy to wait a bit for the right price. Cheers.

Know you don't have access to the Sales Corner yet, but you may be able to post in WTB section for what you are seeking.

Journeyman
    I'm a big Zenith fan and really tempted by a Stratos El Primero striking 10th.

Does anyone know what is the story behind the watches at the outlet? Are they 2nds, returns, reconditioned... Or just some stock they decided to discount themselves?