closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Anglesey.

Anglesey.

Worth going?

Loaded up the Gypsy Van to go walkabout this Bank Holiday weekend, and thought I might trundle along the A55 for a few days in Anglesey. Aye?

Not convinced the weather is going to be great in the coming days... but probably it won't be awful ;)

Craftsman
    Lovely part of the world.
    Beaumaris is worth a visit, castle, pier etc.

Weather looks good for Monday.

Master
    If you've got some sea kayaks with you, then a BIG YES! If not, then I'm sure nearer your part of the world has just as nice places to go rambling. Having said that the big thing about that area is that there are so many contrasting places accessible - coast, mountains and anything in between.

Thanks chaps, think I'll give it a go! Quick shower and hit the road. HAGBHWE!

:-)

It's THE best place to live Mike, but then I would say that ;-)

Weather isn't great here in Benllech at the moment but is meant to pick up later. What area are you going?

Quote Originally Posted by gilford View Post
    It's THE best place to live Mike, but then I would say that ;-)

Weather isn't great here in Benllech at the moment but is meant to pick up later. What area are you going?
    Touring. Beaumaris, Red Wharf Bay, Holyhead? See where TomTom takes me! ;-)

Stop at Rhosneigr beach, its one the most dramatic and scenic anywhere. Take your time and walk around the bay. Go along the A4080 and park for free. Take a picnic and if you have kids, a plastic bag to collect sea shells. On the way you pass Newborough forest, there is another fine beach here too with a little island. A great view of the Snowdonia mountains here also. And another place- well worth visiting, is South Stack lighthouse; you can walk down the cliff via the zig zag, and climb the haunted lighthouse itself! Brilliant fun and spectacular views. http://www.visitanglesey.co.uk/south...thouse-96.aspx Climbers often use these cliffs to play on. Have a great time

If you go to Red Wharf bay I can recommend the Ship Inn, lovely food, and then walk it off with a stroll across the beach to Benllech!

If you are in the pub after 13.30 you may see me as I'm off to watch the footie

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by sestrel View Post
    Stop at Rhosneigr beach,
    Trackday may be on at Anglesey circuit, could be worth a look if you like cars. http://www.angleseycircuit.com/fixtures/all-events . Very close to Rhosneigr, on the way to Aberffraw.

If you go to Red Wharf bay I can recommend the Ship Inn, lovely food, and then walk it off with a stroll across the beach to Benllech!

Very strange!
    I had just decided to opt for the Ship this morning when looking for somewhere to go for lunch.
    I take it you ll be supporting Chelsea today then ? :)

Quote Originally Posted by thegoat View Post
    Very strange!
    I had just decided to opt for the Ship this morning when looking for somewhere to go for lunch.
    I take it you ll be supporting Chelsea today then ? :)
    Blue day for me today, Everton and Chelsea!

Are you an Anglesey regular then?

Master

I was just going to post that - the pub I mean, not that I'll be there this afternoon.

Lovely pub with great food and fantastic views if you're lucky with the weather.

Had to go there for two races a year, always windy and always wet, the other thing is, when you get into Wales you think your nearly there, you're not

Blue day for me today, Everton and Chelsea!

Are you an Anglesey regular then?
    My City supporting mate has a lodge at Plas Coch, so fairly regular. I do a bit of freeloading off him from time to time.
    We stopped in The Ship for a sandwich, a couple of pints before the trek to Benellech and back.
    Now sat in Beaumaris where the local pub is advertising " the champions v the rent boys"
    Think Ill give it a miss