closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Four rooms

Four rooms

Yesterday on an episode of Four Rooms there was a Patek Phillipe watch pre-production model. went for £97,000

However, the narrator did say that watches were a good place to put your money and highlighted Omega Seamasters. Reckon I'll just have to keep wearing mine.

Yeah, saw that and i'm sure i've seen the seller on something else as well? Was'nt there a similar show on Sky or something, last year, quite short lived? Anyway, i was quite impressed with the Tom Bolt fella, seemed very knowledgable but not arrogant with it. Would'nt surprise me if he was a member here! I like the new concept of having different dealers in every episode though i miss the the two from the previous series that are no longer in it.

My wife recorded it for me.

Tom Bolt really wanted it.

Couldn't tell what the lady dealer offered in PX - any ideas?
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

Quote Originally Posted by brigant View Post
    the narrator did say that watches were a good place to put your money and highlighted Omega Seamasters.
    Really? Sure it wasn't Speedmasters?

Edit: Did he mean the 300m (PRS-14) type Seamaster?

Quote Originally Posted by andy tims View Post
    My wife recorded it for me.

Tom Bolt really wanted it.

Couldn't tell what the lady dealer offered in PX - any ideas?
    The wife taped it for me as well.

Had to laugh at the woman who said she "knew watches and would like to offer £10000."

Malc

Master
    I didn't even realise it was back on!

Quote Originally Posted by hogthrob View Post
    Really? Sure it wasn't Speedmasters?

Edit: Did he mean the 300m (PRS-14) type Seamaster?
    The program displayed a Planet Ocean while the narrator advised vintage seamasters were a good investment.

It's a shame to see the program relegated to daytime TV. Thankfully sky+ to the rescue.

Journeyman
    Didn't know it was back on, it's a series link job now.

i've seen tom bolt on a few programs involving watches now , i think he basically supply's high end and collectable watches to the rich and famous , he seems a genuinely nice guy and is very knowledgeable regarding watches - which he has made a business from.

They said the best investments were vintage Rolex and Seamasters and then showed some a pair of awful footballer Rolex and a brand new Seamaster

Quote Originally Posted by pugster View Post
    i've seen tom bolt on a few programs involving watches now , i think he basically supply's high end and collectable watches to the rich and famous
    He's the man behind http://www.watchguru.com/, isn't he? Also designed some watches for Dunhill.

The pre-production Patek (serial 000) that he bought for £97,000 had originally been bought by the seller for £100k and he was originally looking for £120k for it. Doesn't sound like he made an especially good investment there. Tom Bolt didn't seem overly happy either, as there wasn't a lot of profit left in it for him.

Quote Originally Posted by PhilipK View Post
    He's the man behind http://www.watchguru.com/, isn't he? Also designed some watches for Dunhill.

The pre-production Patek (serial 000) that he bought for £97,000 had originally been bought by the seller for £100k and he was originally looking for £120k for it. Doesn't sound like he made an especially good investment there. Tom Bolt didn't seem overly happy either, as there wasn't a lot of profit left in it for him.
    Indeed, the watch guru, according to whom, 'vintage blacked pieces are fast becoming the ultimate uber cool horological statement.' I hope they don't plan on butchering many more 1665's with PVD treatment: http://www.watchguru.com/WatchGuru/W...ller-PVD/12502

Blog Entries
    I once px'd a vintage Seamaster 300 with watchguru for my, (first) Ingenieur 3227-01.

Biggest watch mistake I ever made, but they offered a very fair exchange value after a little negotiation and followed up a promise of an extra link... I dealt mainly with Toms partner in the business, but couldn't fault the level of service or communication.

Rob

Quote Originally Posted by sepsonto View Post
    Indeed, the watch guru, according to whom, 'vintage blacked pieces are fast becoming the ultimate uber cool horological statement.' I hope they don't plan on butchering many more 1665's with PVD treatment: http://www.watchguru.com/WatchGuru/W...ller-PVD/12502
    Mentalist.

But according to him its perfectly OK to do this to a classic collectable piece because the PVD process is fully reversible.

http://www.watchguru.com/FullCatalog...Milgauss/12506

He even PVD'd a prototype dialed Daytona, one which I've never seen before, Rolex experts?....

http://www.watchguru.com/FullCatalog...tona-PVD/12829
    Last edited by Meinessex; 6th May 2013 at 15:39.