closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Fake CWC alert on ebay UK

Exclamation Fake CWC alert on ebay UK

This is a fake CWC watch :

http://www.ebay.fr/itm/Swiss-Made-Br...item5655be7f78

I tried to warn Silverman's about that but maybe if someone know them here...

regards,

if theres no copyright infringement then technically its not a fake , ie no 'cwc' on the dial or any reference to it being made by them in the advert.
    Good luck everybody. Have a good one.

Unhappy

You are right but this watch is still a piece of crap...

agreed but at least the asking price reflects the (lack of ) quality
    Good luck everybody. Have a good one.

He regularly advertises these - sometimes listed as 'cancelled order' but always with the same kind of line 'last few' 'last ten' etc. Thing is he probably sells em by the cart load and makes a tidy sum.

He's kidding no-one so it's fair enough at that price. It's a common design.

Don't MWC and a number of other companies sell similar type watches at similar prices? For a cheap military watch for another tenner you could get a Pulsar.

Craftsman
    dont see any brand on the watch or in his post.. still considered as a fake?

Would the dial have T tritium? Hasn't it been banned except in enclosed tubes? So if no T, then fake is a fair description?

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyCasper View Post
    Would the dial have T tritium? Hasn't it been banned except in enclosed tubes? So if no T, then fake is a fair description?
    The recent batch of genuine CWC diver's have T instead of L, and they are luminova. ;)

Master

This one on ebay is a fake though.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CWC-SSteel...-/130933339724

Nsn numbers wrong, movement etc etc.

What is it with ebay sellers these days who seem to think they can sell an item with no responsibility on if it works, genuine or not or even if the buyer actually receives it?

Perhaps these people should just put an ad up saying "Send me some cash and save yourself the trouble of expecting anything in return" Even more bizarre the bids are over £50 with 3 days to go.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurent B View Post
    This is a fake CWC watch :

http://www.ebay.fr/itm/Swiss-Made-Br...item5655be7f78

I tried to warn Silverman's about that but maybe if someone know them here...

regards,
    Quote Originally Posted by seikopath View Post
    if theres no copyright infringement then technically its not a fake , ie no 'cwc' on the dial or any reference to it being made by them in the advert.
    I think you may very well be right about that in legal terms, Seikopath, but I think Laurent B's concern is still justified in a round-about the copyright/brand infringement issues because the Ebay seller calls his proffered item a "British Military Watch", which, as regards the MOD's current G10 specification general-purpose issue wristwatches, as far as I know at any rate, can only be valid if it is a G10 made by CWC, the Cabot Watch Company, as apparently owned by Silverman's. I think all that it may come down to, though, is that the Ebay seller is a rank liar and intentionally deceptive, and I imagine Silverman's gets a lot of that. I don't personally know what they might do about it if legal recourse is not viable other than ask Ebay itself to police its sellers better for candor and accuracy in item descriptions.

To be honest, all this reminds me of two things: [#1] I regret I didn't buy a TF Precista PRS-10 (Eddie never even obliquely described it as a "British Military Watch", by the way) before they recently went out-of-stock and were discontinued because these were built to a comprehensively higher set of specs than the CWC G10 at about the same price; and [#2] I get more, and more, ............... and more skeptical of Ebay and some of the sellers that inhabit it as time proceeds.
    Last edited by Rollon; 1st July 2013 at 15:35.

It makes me nervous when i see these.
    I have had a CWC G10 for a while, which i brought from here and have enjoyed.
    But as the time to sell it gets closer, i worry that it might not be worth the hassle of trying to move it on.
    Why would someone produce a copy of such a watch?
    t.
    Last edited by timc; 28th July 2013 at 15:33. Reason: grammar

Apprentice

I have seen fake CWC in Hong Kong

I was in Hong Kong a few months back and was amazed to see fake CWC watches in a couple of places but I know they were clearly fake because the appearance and bezel action on the divers was just not comparable to my CWC SBS sub. It seemed the seller had a bit of an angle with military watches because he was selling fake RN Subs as well.I have to say the RN Subs looked good but probably won't after a dip in the pool! Its amazing that people will fake anything I hear from a colleague he has even seen fake Nite watches so clearly anythings game these days.

Is this the watch in question on eBay nr 300984043041

Apprentice

No Not that one

Hi,

No its not that one although I have not seen the model before and am unsure if its genuine or not. The ones I saw were bad quality G10 copies which I have seen on here http://www.mailboxcentres.com/Fake_M...y_Watches.html and they looked very much like those.

Quote Originally Posted by slangen View Post
    Is this the watch in question on eBay nr 300984043041

Banned
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1381248392.146307.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1381248346.453573.jpg

Is this what the movement and case should be looking like?

Apprentice

That is what mine look like

That all looks fine I have some exactly like that.

Quote Originally Posted by ibby7 View Post
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1381248392.146307.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1381248346.453573.jpg

Is this what the movement and case should be looking like?

Banned
    Thanks Johnty4, I had a small panick then as I've just had a few in for repair, and the movement which is a Swiss 955.102 is a decent quartz movement for this calibre of watch.

Apprentice
    Personally I quite like them and they seem to last quite well. I am not so keen on the GS2000 as the old battery hatch model but all considered they are fine.

Quote Originally Posted by ibby7 View Post
    Thanks Johnty4, I had a small panick then as I've just had a few in for repair, and the movement which is a Swiss 955.102 is a decent quartz movement for this calibre of watch.