After the thread about the Unitas movement last week, and after our host mentioned that he had only five PRS-6's left in stock, I took the plunge in spite of financial constraints, and ordered one. I had meant to wait until my 50th birthday in autumn, but obviously the stock would have run out by then, once such a remark was made.
Ordered the watch during the weekend, Eddie shipped it by UPS from Sheffield on Monday (yesterday), and it arrived here today (Tuesday) in very rural France around lunchtime. Delivery was so fast the watch was still running (it's handwound), and as usual it had been synchronized with Central European time before being shipped. Anyone sending packages to and fro the UK and complaining that it takes endlessly should talk to Eddie and deal with the couriers he uses.
I had some explaining to do to my significant other (how do you call the woman you have lived with unmarried a lot longer than some people manage to stay married?), but at least once she looked at the watch she said 'Now, that one is really beautiful; I like that style.'
So do I. I'd seen a lot of pictures of it, but like some other models this is one you need to see in the metal. It's modern, but also retro (Eddie describes it on the invoice as 'retro military'). Just call it a classic watch.
I'll write up a review, as there isn't any on this model, when I have been wearing it a while. In the mean time... There are now at most 4 new ones left in Sheffield...
:D

PS Now, Eddie, you can tell us: how many of this one were produced in total?